View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
HEATER 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
took the heater out of the 90 cleaned all the rats nests etc out of it cleaned up rust and repainted the heater ..thought the little radiator was good took gregs advice have it checked looked ok but I respect his knowledge ..as he sais the red devil man said see how its swollen on one side its been overheated its r/s so he did me a deal recored my car radiator ,sandblasted and descaled and painted my petrol tank , and a new heater radiator ..as well as a couple of pioeces off small sandblasting .....$650...BUT SHOULD BE ALL GOOD WITH RADIATORS NOW THE WATER PUMP AND .....MOTOR MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(BLOODY CAPITALS)WELL THATS ANOTHER JOB THAT WILL BE PICKED UP NEXT WEEK ....tick off the list ....was that a fair price ?????cheers davo

Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:40 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BULLITT wrote:
took the heater out of the 90 cleaned all the rats nests etc out of it cleaned up rust and repainted the heater ..thought the little radiator was good took gregs advice have it checked looked ok but I respect his knowledge ..as he sais the red devil man said see how its swollen on one side its been overheated its r/s so he did me a deal recored my car radiator ,sandblasted and descaled and painted my petrol tank , and a new heater radiator ..as well as a couple of pioeces off small sandblasting .....$650...BUT SHOULD BE ALL GOOD WITH RADIATORS NOW THE WATER PUMP AND .....MOTOR MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM(BLOODY CAPITALS)WELL THATS ANOTHER JOB THAT WILL BE PICKED UP NEXT WEEK ....tick off the list ....was that a fair price ?????cheers davo

I'm out of touch with what things cost currently Dave. But you know all is ok now for many more km to come.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 am
Profile WWW

Fuel tank can have a lining fitted I have used a product called red Kote when it dries it is as good as a plastic liner inside as in places it may be thin.
A few extra $ as you go will see you heading cross country with less worries.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]