View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Vic 'H' plates.... and modified cars 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Many will know of the H plate scheme in Vic and I assume its similar in other states. I have mentioned this before in another thread......

I went to the Melb. Hotrod show today and was amazed to see a number of Hotrods and other cars, as usual, on H plates but seemingly way over the intent of the rules such as they are.

This one though really blew my mind. A Ford Hotrod on H plates, note the late OHV engine swap, supercharger, chopped roof, to name a couple of items on this car.

I saw a couple of nice 32 roadsters also on H plates but at least they looked relatively standard and had original side valve engines in them, ie period engine.

Plenty of muscle cars also on H plates, sporting numerous mods.

I understand that Vic Roads is going to tighten up on this, but they have a huge job ahead of them! There is well over 50,000 cars on the system now.

Attachments:
Melbourne_Hotrod_Show_jan-25th_2015_ 009.jpg
Melbourne_Hotrod_Show_jan-25th_2015_ 009.jpg [ 78.32 KiB | Viewed 7875 times ]
Melbourne_Hotrod_Show_jan-25th_2015_ 008.jpg
Melbourne_Hotrod_Show_jan-25th_2015_ 008.jpg [ 46.84 KiB | Viewed 7875 times ]

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:17 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
THAT ALSO comes down to lack of Control by the managing Club for the want of a better explanation! There is always "someone" or a "group" to abuse the privilege
These types of Clubs are the ones that jeopardise this privilege for other Clubs that wish to, and do, "the right thing".

HOPEFULLY there are not too many of these examples in NSW?? I know the group of which ICCA is a member, monitor the affiliated Clubs and are right on top of the these problems. Regular updates on the NSW system are read out at the meetings.
Slight Modifications within limits and for the period of the vehicle we believe are permitted in NSW.

What a damned shame!!
Yes, Vic Roads will have their work cut out for them if there is so many.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]