View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Boot Seal 

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett
Can someone please help me out with the profile of the boot seal for a 68 Bellett.
I bought some but it seems to big and the old one was too perished to use as a sample.
Thanks in advance.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett
This is what I have and from my research what I think I need.

Attachments:
SEAL.jpg
SEAL.jpg [ 17.85 KiB | Viewed 7595 times ]
SEAL.jpg
SEAL.jpg [ 17.85 KiB | Viewed 7595 times ]
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:08 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
260 067 is the one. This is how I did mine.
To do this without having to break your neck is best to remove boot lid. Where the front of the hinge is bolted to the tonneau.
Measure what you will need. Add a bit more for luck. 100mm say. Lay the rubber onto the lid where it would normally sit. Leave for a few moments. Eliminates the stretching when handling. Make sure that the join is at the striker position. Starting from that point at every 100mm or so, hold the seal with masking tape. Then starting 100mm from that same point,( using a contact cement brand of your choice, not the jell type, Takes too long to dry), for 200mm on the seal and the lid. Let it dry so that it is tacky and then place the seal on the panel. Still using the masking tape to hold it in position. Do this all the way around to the until you get about 100mm from the joint. Bring the tail up. Mark it where it lines up and cut it with a bit extra. 2 to 3mm. Glue it with Loctite 690 (I think that was the number) and hold it together with pressure. Then finish using the contact cement.
Place the lid back onto the body. Put the nuts onto the hinge to hold it in place where it would normally close. Lock it. The pressure will help the glue adhere and the lip of the boot will also put the groove into the strip where it is required.

Dave.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]