View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Indicator switch replacement found! 

Car(s): '65 Wasp w/Florian G161, '66 Hillman Super Minx Wagon(now under daughter's ownership), F350 Super Duty, Jayco Caravan
Hi all, have finally gotten around to sorting out my indicator switch. The 'original' switch would not cancel on a left turn and upon inspection - removal and testing - found what I suspected: stuffed. The cancelling 'finger' on that side is worn out and no way to fix the problem. So I found several Lucas indicators that fit and work just fine - cancel as it should and install without any modification. BUT: there is always a hitch. The horn function is lost as the original has a protruding brass spring loaded shaft that connects to the ring plate on the back of the steering wheel. BUT: the switches that are compatible have a horn push function so you will still have a horn button but not by using the horn ring on the steering wheel. Those hard core - have to have only original owners will not be interested but anyone who is - I have some switches that will work just fine. Another plus - one of the switches have stalks that are bent up making the indicators out of the way getting in/out of the cars. I will post a pic tomorrow or Monday of the one I am installing on my sedan. I have a couple of switches with straight stalks and look similar to the originals. I will put pics of that one in also. Cheers, clyde

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]