View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Welcome to Bellett.net 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi,

If are reading this you are thinking of joining Bellett.net, the only Aussie forum for the awesome Isuzu Bellett and it's derivatives.

Firstly, myself, Antus, 2ldohc & PR91 would like to welcome you on board. Between the four of us, we've had the yearning to create a Bellett website for a very long time and while it is only a forum at this stage, we have plans to expand this should it prove to be a popular concept.

All of us have had a variety of experience with the cars over the years and all of us share the Isuzu enthusiasm (aka the Chevy LUV) and are stoked to get this off the ground.

We'd consider this forum a success even if we only get around 50 members because we understand that there's a limited amount of people into these cars. They're getting older, as are their owners but people are getting more and more net-savvy, so hopefully we'll get a few of the older buggers on here as well as the newcomers.

The focus on this website is for Belletts in Australia and New Zealand but we welcome members from all over the world. Hopefully we can create an online community based on honesty, truth and Chevy LUV. Hahaha just kidding.

What we really want this forum to do is bring like-minded people together to share their passion and pictures online. This will hopefully spill into the real world where Bellett enthusiasts may pledge to get together for an event such as an all-Japan day or classic show in their local area, especially important in areas where no Isuzu or Bellett clubs exists, which is everywhere except Victoria and New South Wales!

With any luck, this forum will also bring people together who are looking for parts, bits and whole cars so we can share the LUV without the impersonal hassles of eBay and the drama of parts thrown out that were thought to be useless, only to be just the right part for the next enthusiast that came along...

(For those that have come across this on Japanese Nostaligic Car, this forum was NOT created in defiance of the recent issue in regards to an Isuzu-only section within that site... I only found out about that 2 days ago!)

So please, join up and take part in the Bellett.net forum, tell you friends and get involved.

Welcome on board!

Cheers,

Dave and on behalf of Ant, Ross and Brett

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Thanks for the invite Dave - glad to be a part of the new forum.

Cheers,
Neil
Darwin NT

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): bellett 66 sedan
Hi Dave,

saw your page and thought I would join. Have a 66 Bellett sedan with a 1.8 Isuzu single over head cam engine.

Once I work my way thru your pages I will post a picture of the car.

cheers

Peter

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:50 am

bellett66 wrote:
Hi Dave,

saw your page and thought I would join. Have a 66 Bellett sedan with a 1.8 Isuzu single over head cam engine.

Once I work my way thru your pages I will post a picture of the car.

cheers

Peter

good to see you made it pete.
you'll have fun here, and just tell these boys to pull there heads in if they get out of hand... and i know you can do it too!!
cheers mate.
brett.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:30 am

Car(s): bellett
im a 43 year old tech tard car painter but i have got good taste when it comes to cars. owned my bellett for nearly 20 years .still a youngster! lookin for some info regarding diff seal's and universal joints etc its had a hard time but got heaps of nana spec parts but people look at me sideways when i mention the word bellett and thats if they are old enough to know what im talkin about? we live in the land of rust so most cars start rusting at the dealership's! only seen one other b let on the road in the last 10 /15 years .ill try to put a photo on when one of the kids can help me i have 3 of everything except the bits ya want! ps i need a left front window regulator! recently bought a whole car just for the drivers window regulator now have about 15 for every other door.i have lots of bits that i will part with .stoked that there is other like minded nutters out there

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:06 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Nice to meet you, Kiwi brother. Many of us have bits and pieces. I have some stuff. Let us know what you need, best is in the wanted section, and I will see what I can find. Plenty of helpful others over here too.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
kiwi bellett wrote:
im a 43 year old tech tard car painter but i have got good taste when it comes to cars. owned my bellett for nearly 20 years .still a youngster! lookin for some info regarding diff seal's and universal joints etc its had a hard time but got heaps of nana spec parts but people look at me sideways when i mention the word bellett and thats if they are old enough to know what im talkin about? we live in the land of rust so most cars start rusting at the dealership's! only seen one other b let on the road in the last 10 /15 years .ill try to put a photo on when one of the kids can help me i have 3 of everything except the bits ya want! ps i need a left front window regulator! recently bought a whole car just for the drivers window regulator now have about 15 for every other door.i have lots of bits that i will part with .stoked that there is other like minded nutters out there

This may not apply to your earlier (?) model so it needs to be checked, on my '72 Sport I used Holden Jackaroo uni joints. I just took an old one to the parts place and they looked at it and the Jackaroo ones fit fine. The ones i got though have grease nipples as that's all they had in stock. I am guessing you can also get sealed units.

From very distant memory, my early Belletts used early Holden uni joints. I am sure somebody on here can give more detailed info.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]