View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
VALE: Doug Partridge 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
It saddens me to announce the passing of one of the Isuzu Car Clubs original members, Doug Partridge.

Doug with Jean his wife joined the Car Club, then known as The Bellett Car Club of NSW, in the very early days of the Club. Jean took on the role of Secretary with Doug assisting, in the years that followed Doug and Jeans home was a common meeting place for Club Members, at times we started Events from their home in Villawood. In those days Doug was a butcher by trade and both Doug and Jean were certainly integral members of our Club, some of the reason our Club still exists because of these type of people.
We all were accepted into their home as if we were members of their family, remembering some of the New Years Eve's parties we had in their pool.
Some of you will remember the cream 1969 Bellett sedan that I had for some 16 years before it now resides with Garry and Monica Smith, that was Doug and Jeans car originally, then to me, now to Garry Smith.

Many years ago we lost Jean very suddenly around Christmas time, since then Doug has lived on the Gold Coast near Ross his son.
Many times visited by current and past Club Members that have become very good friends of the family.

When mobility became apparent Doug moved into a Nursing home where he was looked after admirably by their staff, on Tuesday 15th July at approximately 800 PM Doug passed away, I believe he would have been 98 in September, a great innings for a great Guy and total Gent.
Doug will be sadly missed by his family and friends, I personally will miss him greatly as I have been treated since those early years as a member of the family by Doug and excepted by his direct family, to whom I convey my most sincere condolences!

Farewell Doug, you have gone to a better place to be with Jean again and drive those Belletts in the sky.
You will never be forgotten.
May you RIP.
Dave Maurice.

Last edited by 1968GT on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:11 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
RIP Doug He was a good friend

Geoff and Christine Moller

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 am

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
I was very fortunate enough to meet and holiday (thanks to the Bloor Family) with both Doug and Jean on several occasions in the sunshine state, I feel both privileged and Honored to have met them both and became friends, yesterday was another very sad day upon being informed of Doug's passing.
RIP Doug, I hope you enjoy your new venture up there with Jean again, I personally shall never forget you both.
Cheers to you both, Steve.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:38 am

Car(s): long gone '67 sedan "Woody" & '68 GT "Red" + '84 Jackaroo & now Toyota Hi Ace Campervan
My deepest condolences goes out to Doug's family.. There was many an hour spent at their home & lots of memories of spontaneous card games or scrabble etc.. Seemed whenever you had nothing to do, you would just turn up at their place, You were always welcomed no matter how many had done the same thing....
I remember when we were setting up the club, I got a call from Jean, (as we had left a recruitment note on their earlier Bellett,) saying they weren't young but - young at heart, I told her that was fine & to come along & see how they liked it..... well that was 46 years ago.
I guess Doug deserves a rest now.
May he Rest In Peace
Lyn
(Formerly Roslyn Gore)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]