View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
oz_joffa 

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
Hi buddy

Just checking in to see how you went with my Dads GT? Any work done on it?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
well Simmo, Craig is the one who ended up with your Dad's GT in his shed and it is fully stripped and some of it back to metal as the sorts out the rust and the old fill etc. his user name here in Bellet.net is claws. i think there may be 2 GT bodies being used to make one complete car. i also know the engine is 3/4 rebuilt as well.
How is Dad keeping? send him our regards. He was very helpful and hospitable on our visit.

Cheers

OZ

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:51 am

Gday

Yeah saw Dad yesterday, Going well. I really feel like I should consider pulling my old car out of that paddock and seeing what I can do with it. I miss having a Bellett. Know any 1500's for sale? Running and not needing too much work for RWC etc? I did pass on my thanks to him initially.. Is that the same Craig I recall that knows Dad? I'm sure there was a Craig in the club when we were in it...

And just today I saw Ben Barker's name and i remember him! He was a cute little friendly old man and his wife was lovely too! Its just so good to recollect so many memories through 'Belletts!'

I really want one :( lol

Hi to Craig, Any updates? Do you remember me and Dad etc.... ?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 am
Profile YIM

Simmy, the Craig you are thinking of is Craig Robinson here in Melb.
He's still about, with a big collection of cars.
Many on here don't know much about what we Vics get up to or what we have in sheds..... ;) ;) , and Craig's "museum" is one of them.
The Ben Barker you're thinking of there would be Ben Snr's son, Ben Jnr.
Ben Snr started the BCCV in 1979, but sadly passed away in 2003....
Ben Jnr has 1 of his Dad's GT's, while the other 2 are also in the hands of passionate Bellett people in the club.
Betty is going well. Very well. I saw her only a month ago (we had a BIG celebration for the 50th anniversary of Bellett's in Australia), and she came along.
Car wise, they do pop up. 1 really nice late 69 Deluxe sedan based here in Melb sold very recently thru the club. Is a 1 owner car that's been in the BCCV since 1980.
I'm the current Secretary of the club, and I'd luv to hear from yourself and your Dad again, so feel free to send me a PM and I can give u my details.
Cheers.
Brett.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 am

BTW.... I noticed you're in FTG.
Craig is just round the corner from you, and I'm just up the hill from you as well, so there's a few Belletts not far away!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 am

Oh wow! So your prepared to sell me one then? Lol.... My dad told me to contact a Brett, assuming that is you! I do remember the Ben barker senior as I was associated with the club when it was first starting out. I actually think I remember a Brett. The last big club meet I went on I was a teenager, I'm 45 now , it was a big road trip to merrimbula, I remember because dad nearly got into a fight with a car full of young hoons but he stood his ground lol.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 am
Profile YIM

Dad probably meant me to get in touch with....
The other Brett would be Craig's brother. They've been around the club since the early 80's, I came along in 1989.
Sorry...... None for sale here. I do have too many these days tho.
Is a bit like Hotel California..... They check in anytime, but never leave.
Has Dad still got the maroon coloured GT? I bloody luv that car!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Hahaha! i love that, hotel california! My eldest brother Brett has Dads Maroon GT. I sent him a text last night asking him if he wanted to give his favourite sister the GT lol.. Of course I'm his only sister and of course Ive had no reply lol.... I dont think we were in the club in 89. Probably missed you by a few years I'd say.
I used to get my tyres from Craig at Liza tyres? I'm sure that was Craig's business.. It was some time ago. I dont think he still owns it though?

I recall mostly the younger guys at the time when I was in the club, which was Peter Shroeder, Craig Robinson?, Peter Arasgog? I do recall a Brett I think which is you? But now in seeing Ben Barkers name, I do remember him! If i saw old photo's I would recall faces I am sure!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:06 am
Profile YIM

Is good to know the GT is still about. Would luv to see it again one day. Seriously!
Didn't he buy a yellow Wasp some years ago too, or was that another brother? I know one of your boys got it and would luv to know what happened to it.....
Peter S is still about, as is Craig.
Craig didn't own Liza Tyres..... But he now owns his tyre shop in Kilsyth. Has done for about 10 years.
The Brett you're thinking of could be Craig's brother...... Seems like there's a few Brett's around!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13 am

One of the Bellett club boys owned Liza tyres I think! The wasp was owned by my step brother Jason. I will ask him for you what happened to it! It may have gone to heaven like nearly all his cars except my first car which is still in the paddock as he revived him once for a short time. Oh and if anyone's getting that GT It will be me lol :p

Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:17 am
Profile YIM

Lisa was owned by a woman.... And her only interest in cars was making as much money as she could from putting tyres under them! :lol:
If u could find out what happened to the cars that your Dad and brothers owned and still own, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 am

Yep, check your PM's I'm onto it :) Dads last GT was purchased by oz and his crew from S.A. I put up a notice on here about a year ago for spares and cars for sale and they came over and went to dads. He was gracious enough to let them into his shed for some spares too! lol.. Not like Dad! I dont think there is any more up there except my old 65 which has substantial damage from kids breaking windscreen and I think a tree had fallen on him too :( My big brother has dads GT which you know.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
I was one of the Crew that came up and your Dad was Extremely gracious, and we also got to meet this fella.
Got to pat my first Donkey, sorry Stickman not your donkey!
Josh

Attachments:
12062011.jpg
12062011.jpg [ 346.11 KiB | Viewed 18996 times ]
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

He was a gentle old soul that boy... Sadly hes the last of our donkeys! We had 13 there at one stage! Irish Donkeys :) Have a soft spot for them and Belletts :)

I have passed on the messages to Dad again that you all say thank you :)

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:26 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]