View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mount Stradbroke Bellett Shed and things. 

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Incoming? Now you have one very short late model Deluxe! I love these guys, that's a great colour too...shame its more than a light buff away from hitting the road. :cry:

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 am
Yes Duanne, incoming.

The completion of the clean out of the bellett bits from Peter A's place in Melbourne. Thank you Peter for your hospitality and backyard. The possums were friendly and maggies even nicer.

Thanks also to Bob and Lorretta for your help and putting up with the brats :). The hubcaps will take pride of place on the honour wall in the red container.

And finally to the Smith mob. Loved the car collection, amazed at the swimming pool diving board and adored the goats. Although I was happy to leave the screaming "kids" behind.

After 4500 ks, a blown turbo, infected arm which the doctor ungently scrapped clean, I'm damn happy to be back home.

Dean, Gav & Jax

Ps. Anyone want to buy a 2001 generation 4 four door quad cam wasp ute? That's a story for another thread ;)

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:00 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
It was great to have you stay over mate, and to get to know the boys a bit. They are a nice polite couple of young fellas, and a credit to you. Sorry that we were pretty busy, but a good visit regardless.

I'm wondering if it might be better to keep the Rodeo?
Cheers, Matt.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:26 am
Thx Matt,

Not sure about the rodeo yet. I got another turbo assembly for the Great Wall v200 yesterday at the wreckers for $400 (new$3200). I'll know more about the fate of the diesel motor after the turbo is fitted. Hopefully the aluminum specks from the impeller and housing haven't affected the bores on the motor. The motor stills starts and idles ok but doesn't like to power on. Hopefully that's just because it has reduced boost. See what happens.

The rodeo ran well coming home with two tonne hanging off its tow bar. It's a nippy little ute around town with the v6 motor. And it has NSW rego till August. But it needs a new air-con compressor which takes some getting used too after all these years :-(
So, see what happens.

(Note: the v200 blew the turbo at Coonabarabran NSW on the way down to Melbourne. Choice was to give up and have racq extract everything back to QLD or buy the "ISUZU" rodeo from gumtree and keep going. Hence the possible sale of the rodeo).

I must admit, I'm far more comfortable with the reliability of the isuzu than the "what's next" Great Wall.

Again, thank you for your fantastic hospitality for myself and the boys. If your ever in need or just want to visit, please call :-)

Dean

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:36 pm
I'm bored.

No excuse to wash Belletts now ;)

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.46 MiB | Viewed 14786 times ]
Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:00 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Would that be a drilling rig?

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:07 am
Yes Matt, that would be a drilling rig. Hence I'm water "bored" :lol:

They got drinkable water of 150gallons per hour at 48 metres depth at 345 metres above sea level. Enough to wash the Belletts every week :)

And enough to feed the goat herd that you've inspired us to create.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:51 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Gunna wrote:
Yes Matt, that would be a drilling rig. Hence I'm water "bored" :lol:

They got drinkable water of 150gallons per hour at 48 metres depth at 345 metres above sea level. Enough to wash the Belletts every week :)

And enough to feed the goat herd that you've inspired us to create.

I'm curious as to the cost of water boring. I know it got very expensive here when water borers were in big demand. at the height of the drought down here in Vic

glenn

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Got what I needed. Now heading home after been to pickapart at Kilsyth Victoria.
Many thanks to Glenn, Craig,Steve, Jason and Peter.

:-)

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 3.62 MiB | Viewed 14682 times ]
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
have a safe trip, Dean

Attachments:
1972_SPORT_BELLETT_20.jpg
1972_SPORT_BELLETT_20.jpg [ 112.86 KiB | Viewed 14671 times ]

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Thx for the new old front panel peter. Remember, look above and ye shall receive.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 14661 times ]
Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17