View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Sad, but thankfully not tragic news. 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I was a bit late on the uptake on this but Brett informed me as soon as you put it up here, Matt.

As per everyone else, glad he's OK.

Did they find the cats?

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:45 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Hillman (Bellett ancestor), Rallied a Bellett in the 1970s, Owned a Gemini, Bellett GTR 1:43
Hi Matt,

I haven't logged in for a while so a bit late picking up on this. As I think I have mentioned in the past I knew Gary back in the 70s when we were rallying Belletts. Good to hear that things have turned out not too bad, and can you please pass my greetings and good wishes on when next you see hims.

Cheers, Vic

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
dave wrote:
I was a bit late on the uptake on this but Brett informed me as soon as you put it up here, Matt.

As per everyone else, glad he's OK.

Did they find the cats?

Thanks Dave. Yeah, the cats came back! A few days later they appeared, probably just hid in neighboring sheds. So Gary is really happy about that.

Cheers, Matt.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
lemansvk wrote:
Hi Matt,

I haven't logged in for a while so a bit late picking up on this. As I think I have mentioned in the past I knew Gary back in the 70s when we were rallying Belletts. Good to hear that things have turned out not too bad, and can you please pass my greetings and good wishes on when next you see hims.

Cheers, Vic

Great to hear from you Vic, and thanks. I'm sure he remembers you too.
The damage has been assesed, but not sure what is going to happen next. He has a place to stay though, and insurance will pay for that.
Things are OK.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Just a little update.
Gary has now received a full payout for the damage. It was enough to buy another house in Boorowa, and he has already moved in. It has a 6 car garage, so all the cars are now inside. NRMA were really good, renting him accommodation in the meantime, and making a quick payout so he could move on the new address.
He also still owns the burnt place, so can demolish it and sell the block, or sell as is for someone else to re-develop.

So, a pretty good result all things considered. The 117 and Bellett are good to go, so he has a choice for the Nats, and will be there.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, it was very encouraging for him.
Cheers, Matt.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
And well wishes to Gary from the T. family too, Matt. Ya blink, and sh..t happens too fast. As you said, insurance is golden, and it can happen to anyone. But sounds like a positive result out of what could have been even worse poo.

Great Gary still has "plans" for Nats. Will also phone you for a "G'Day" Matt, possibly today, Fathers Day......

Cheers, B.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks B,
Sorry if I wasn't here to get your call. We looked at the kids and thought, this is possibly our last chance this year to hit the ski slopes. So we did. :D A long and exhausting day, but way fun. Just got home and now its time to sleeeep.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
"Hit the ski slopes" :) :) Ah the joys of having them in your backyard. I have skii'd before and was a profficient skater also. Was 12 when i last did it in the mother land when the family lived there for two years, yoddel..ele..ele...yoddely..O..doodooo!!

Likewise didn't end up phoning anyway, spent the day in the kitchen prepping food for the work week, and a bit knackered to end up with. Besides, the rest of my bunch have come down with an awful LERGIE!!

So, will happen this week sometime for sure.

B.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2