View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
RIP Peter Areskog 19November2016 
It is with very deep regret to announce that Peter Arsekog from Melbourne passed away suddenly yesterday.

Details to follow.

Dean

Edit: could everyone who reads this pass the news on to your various networks, forums and other areas P was involved in. It would help greatly. He had led a full life 8-)

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 2.11 MiB | Viewed 21446 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 97.61 KiB | Viewed 21546 times ]

Last edited by Gunna on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Gunna wrote:
It is with very deep regret to announce that Peter Arsekog from Melbourne passed away suddenly yesterday.

Details to follow.

Dean

Very sad to hear this. Peter did a lot for the BCCV in its early Incorporation days. Drafting Constitution and many other thankless tasks.

He was a wealth of knowledge also, on all things Bellett.

R.I.P.

Glenn

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:52 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Not great news today Dean, but thanks for posting.
Glenn is very correct in saying that Peter did many many good things for the Victorian Bellett Club.

R.i.p Peter.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:33 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
r.i.p peter I never met you but I heard you were a character ...condolences to the family

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:56 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
This is sad news. I know that he is a good mate Dean, so this must be particularly difficult for you.

Though I never met Peter either, we had a few phone conversations, wuth one particularly long one, and it was apparent that he had a wealth of information.
My condolences to family and friends, and may he rest peacefully.

Respectfully, Matt.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:02 am

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
Condolences to all those close. I saw my dad yesterday and he told me the news, Bob Blackwell had called him to let him know. So sad! I had been chatting to Peter and he offered me so much information and help once i finally get myself a Bellett again. I met Peter back in the early days when Dad was in the club and I was a youngen.
He loved to chat to anyone who'd listen and like others said, a wealth of information.

RIP Pete :(

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
My condolences to His family and friends.
Sad news to lose such a pioneer of the Bellett community.

R.I.P.

Josh

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:59 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
This is quite a shock!!
To Peter's family and the friends in the BCCV, please accept condolences from all of us in the ICCA!
A loss to all his Family and the whole of the Bellett fraternity!
RIP Pete!!

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:07 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I only met Peter once; he contacted me as he was coming to Adelaide and wanted to take the opportunity to get our Ruston Wasps back together.

I was glad he did it; with his Wasp now all the way up north in Queensland with Gunna, it may have been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

We got them together for a couple of hours; most would have seen the photos, but here's one again.

Attachment:
Isuzu Wasps - side - 02.jpg
Isuzu Wasps - side - 02.jpg [ 231.21 KiB | Viewed 21454 times ]

This occurred back in December 2008; eight years ago now!

Thanks Peter for the opportunity.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Peter's body was cremated on Tuesday as per his wishes.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:00 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I had never had the privilege of meeting Peter myself but it seems I have missed the opportunity on meeting of the Bellett fraternities most highly regarded.
My sincerest condolences to all his family and friends

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Mitsubishi '82 L300, Camry V6 S'wag, Corolla, Bits of Belletts & Florians.
I couldn't believe my ears when I was told of Peters sudden passing.
We first met back in late 1965, some 51 years ago. I was always in awe of Peters patience, ability to get along with a wide diversity of people, willingness to teach others, technical knowledge & ability in a wide range of subjects.
It was Peter that first got me into Belletts in the mid '70's and then Florians in the mid '80's, as well as the obligatory GT's, Wasps & LUV's.
During the late 70's and early '80's, Peter became a very capable rally driver in, of course, a standard factory '67 Sedan Bellett, with only rally tyres, Cibie Lights and later a roll cage as the only changes made. Even before a mandatory roll cage was fitted, Peter challenged the belief that the Bellett was an un-safe car to be in during a roll over, by deliberately rolling over one of his spare sedans down a gravel road in front of a small crowd whilst doing between 60 -80khr. After the 3rd roll-over, in which he plowed the left front end into the embankment to really flip & roll the car, everybody agreed the Bellett was much safer than the other Toyota, Mazda & Datsun cars he competed against. After beating out the left 1/4 panel, removing the remaining broken front + rear screens and a quick wheel align, he drove the car back to Melbourne as the roof was still high enough to sit in. Some where photos and 8mm movie film exists of this, as does a Police Attendance report responding to a complaint by some other road user.
We kept meeting up over the years for a yarn, beer, BBQ, bitch session or just a " please help me" mechanical problem situation I was always coming across.
I wish we could have done that for decades to come, Peter passed away way, way too early in life.

RIP Bro.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]