View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dave Mitchell 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
For those that don't know, the ever bubbly Dave suffered a stroke last Saturday. Dave is recovering well however is not to be contacted at the request of Dave's wife, please respect her request. More information when available!

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 am

oh crap get well soon Davo.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Davo,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.....
K and A

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 am

Just had a call about ole Davo myself.....
Bit rattled here now. Saw him and had a good laugh on Saturday at the show n shine. He fell in love with the blue deluxe! Only spoke to him on Friday once I got back home......
Apparently he's doing well and should be ok, but they are still at a loss as to what happened and why.
Get well soon Davo ya mad bastard!

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Oooooh CRAP.....Davo will come good. Common among men our age and can happen any time. Hope everything goes up hill from now.

xxB.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:52 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Hey Dave - sorry to hear, get well soon mate!!!

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
This news is a shock. Davo is such a great bloke who brings pleasure to many many people with his shows. Laughter is such a medicine for us, so he is kind of a doctor. He is always good to be around and I enjoyed our all too brief catch up at the Nationals. We wish him a speedy and complete recovery, and we will be praying that way too.

For me this is a reminder to cherish our time together. We never know what is just around the corner, regardless of age. Its good to set aside any niggles with people and enjoy them, rather than wish you had I reckon.
I found out yesterday that while we were away last week a dear friend passed away here in Rye Park. We missed her funeral as we were making our way home. I am very glad the last time we saw her we had a nice chat. She wasn't the most popular person around as she could be very direct, but she had a very kind heart, very much the rough diamond.
Last year while we were in Tassie there were 5 funerals, all of which I would have attended.

Get well soon mate,
Our love, Matt, Tracy, Rhys and Milli.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Speedy recovery to you Davo...don't let Mrs Brown get the better of you!

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:55 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
:shock: Total shock I was talking to Davo on Friday,he was only saying get some photo's on the forum of the great Toowoomba event,get well soon mate,and everyone keep the posts coming Davo loves the input,Gerry

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:40 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Hope you get well quickly!!
Josh

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 am

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Take care mate

We are all thinking of you

Flying

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
I am lost for words. It shows that it can happen to anyone. Since the Saturday at the Barn, I've regretted not having a good talk as we always do. His itinnery would have been jam packed so as he may say "gidday' to everybody. His performances at the Nationals were outstanding. It would have been Mrs. Brown, Tina Turner and all the other celebrities that he depicts in all of his skits.
GET WELL DAVO. WE MISS YOU.

Dave.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:41 am

Car(s): 1968 Bellett 1300 2dr, 06 Scion XA ,05 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Turbo HO
Wishing you a speedy recovery , take care Davo

Mark & Jeannine

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:29 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
Hi guys I have been resting the last couple days. You just never know what's next I feel like I have been beaten up when I look back I had done the gig was packing up stretched to take down one of my speakers of the stands they are on lifted it of. And they arnt big speakers I stood back and my visions was blurred vision I continued packing with the blurred vision, the security said she'd help me next I remeber I'm in hospital. Apparently I had a "TIA" which is a seuizure causing a minor Stoke not forgetting to mention that my seuizure went for 7 minutes using every muscle in my body. So all Is good just doing blood tests and all the relevant tests in the next 2 days. Will keep in touch thanks so much for your concerns!
Dave

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Car(s): not enough!
Hope you are on the mend Dave dear friend, you were probably doing Mrs Brown when it happened, better start doing Dolly Parton next time incase you fall forward and at least you won't hit your face on the floor, ha ha.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Just slow down and look after yourself Davo.
I have just been messaging Jodie, small world eh, a man has to behave himself these days, you never know who is looking over your shoulder!! LOL :lol: . Keep smiling :D
Talk soon. D.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
DAVO, that is great news to read a POST by your good self. It means you are up and atte'm without too much damage :D Some kinda performance, the one you weren't reckoning with.

Take it slowly mate.

B.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 pm

hi guys just got back from radiography checking me out am seing my doc tomorrow all looks promising the radiographer was a top bloke and he said there was some plaque in my kneck area which could figure some broke loose and caused the seizure I will know for sure tomorrow morning but all looking good at this stage that sure was a experience I wouldn't like again I am still sore in most parts of the body just feeled exhausted and I am a bit slow on the up take which really peaves me off will report the result from the doctor tomorrow thanks so much for your concern and kind wishes cheers davo

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 am

hi guys the blood tests came back great the cholestral up a bit 5% but nothing alarming to cause a seizure so he says ..I guess its just like a car one little thing wrong and the motor seizes ..the kneck plaque was also minimal not enough he felt to drop me so its on now to another test its promising I guess theres nothing standing out so we now dig ...I am taking it easy and I am not on here 24hrs a day im giving it a break just for updates my next test will be next week thanks again for all your support I have to rest so he says cheers davo all is good ....however no pinpoint at this stage .... maybe its a slow down call ??? who knows .....either way I will have to heed ..this was scary stuff ............ davo

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
All good news so far ,then.
I reckon slowing down is better than stopping...............
Take it easy and enjoy the rest,
We all want you back fit and healthy
K and A

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next