View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
What is the best way to sell our Bellett's? 

Hello All,

Reaching out for your help guys and girls.

After Peter Areskog passed away and realising my heritage (brats) are more interested in the on-line world than real life, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to move on a few or all of my Bellett projects.

So my question is "What is the best way to sell a classic project car?".

Facebook seems to be a quick wam bam thank you mam! If it hasn't sold in 24/48 hours it never will. Must be the concentration span and locality (up to 200 kilometers radius) of that system.

Gumtree seems reasonable and free and Australia wide.

Ebay auction will bring out the real buyers, or nobody.

Carsales.com.au doesn't seem to lend itself to the classics.

For example the first project on the reduction list will be Glenn's old Sports that he brought in from Japan as a spares car. As far as I know its 1 of 3 here in Australia, I could be wrong. I've gained a few more extra's for it like the 72 grill and lights, etc. I know what I paid for it and the cost to get it from Victoria to Queensland but how much is it worth to sell?

Anyway, if you could throw in your two cents worth of advice I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Dean.

Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Car(s): Bellett GTR, Bellett GT Group N, Isuzu Lotus,
The ICCA has an extensive email list that includes quite a lot of people (not actually members) all over Aust. that have ideas about projects. It is true to say that some have more skill and resources than others but a rare car like that may well attract existing enthusiasts. Look at the love letters for the sport that turned up (out of the blue) at our 50th anniversary day! Not just Donkey.
Happy to advertise free of charge, of course, whatever you decide. isuzuccaofficial@gmail.com
You're right, of course, that online formats have a very short life.

Thu May 31, 2018 2:19 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hey there Dean, I hope you are all well.
I must give you a call, its been too long.

Yeah, it is a bit if a problem selling project cars. Seems theres money about for turn key cars, but rare cars as projects are scarey for those that are unfamiliar with Isuzus as they worry about parts etc. It seems everyone is busy these days, busier than we once were, so many don't want projects as they are going to have to pay to get things done, and the cost of resto work is high now.
There are those of us who would love a car like the Sport, but have projects we are already not getting to, or lack space, or lack shed space, or just don't have spare money.(I have space, but the other stuff applies!)
Just Cars is worth a try as old blokes like me still look at printed stuff.

Talk soon,
Cheers, Matt.

Thu May 31, 2018 1:17 pm

julieandtom wrote:
The ICCA has an extensive email list that includes quite a lot of people (not actually members) all over Aust. that have ideas about projects. It is true to say that some have more skill and resources than others but a rare car like that may well attract existing enthusiasts. Look at the love letters for the sport that turned up (out of the blue) at our 50th anniversary day! Not just Donkey.
Happy to advertise free of charge, of course, whatever you decide. isuzuccaofficial@gmail.com
You're right, of course, that online formats have a very short life.

Thank you Julie,
When I get the project out from the back of the shed this Saturday, and a portfolio for the advertisement put together I will forward it onto your email address. It will be of great assistance.
Many thanks,
Dean

Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 pm

Farmer wrote:
Hey there Dean, I hope you are all well.
I must give you a call, its been too long.

Yeah, it is a bit if a problem selling project cars. Seems theres money about for turn key cars, but rare cars as projects are scarey for those that are unfamiliar with Isuzus as they worry about parts etc. It seems everyone is busy these days, busier than we once were, so many don't want projects as they are going to have to pay to get things done, and the cost of resto work is high now.
There are those of us who would love a car like the Sport, but have projects we are already not getting to, or lack space, or lack shed space, or just don't have spare money.(I have space, but the other stuff applies!)
Just Cars is worth a try as old blokes like me still look at printed stuff.

Talk soon,
Cheers, Matt.

Hi Matt,
Yes, it has been a long time between calls and I would like to thank you publicly for your help in sorting out the things to do with Peter's passing.
I agree with your comments about people, money and time. If only there where 26 hours in the day and we could grow money trees in the back yard.
Just Cars is certainly one I didn't think of so I'll be aiming for that one as well.
Thx,
Dean

Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
I was very glad to be able to help. Not easy with the distance and all, but with the help of others, things got sorted. A group effort.

Thank you,
Matt.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks for your advice everyone. Just letting the Bellnet forum peps know that the SPORTS Bellett sedan is up for sale now. I'm happy to supply any information that people may want over the coming days/weeks/months. Best way to contact me is text or messenger on 0402327383. For those who are facebook friendly try the Old School Japanese Car Club site for lots of pictures and comments. If all that new age stuff is too much (like me) I'm happy to talk directly over the phone anytime between sunrise and the witching hour.

Sincerely, Dean.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:09 am

Just a few pictures. The AM radio still works.

Attachments:
IMG_20180615_110225.jpg
IMG_20180615_110225.jpg [ 3.31 MiB | Viewed 10968 times ]

Last edited by Dean on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Front view. More pictures to follow. I just have to reduce the size below 5 megs somehow.

Attachments:
File comment: Side view.
IMG_20180615_110156.jpg
IMG_20180615_110156.jpg [ 4.48 MiB | Viewed 10966 times ]
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]