View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Off to Birdwood south OZ. 

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Hi guys,

Thought last Sunday's experience could fire up you Bellettiers, especially near Adelaide, to get out and cruise. A perfect weather day without anything else pressing and my mind starts to think of the possibilities ! I turn to Brad "that's it!! we're taking the beastie to Shannon st.". Brad quick to book the passenger seat. The hill climbs were extrodinary. Low down "gruntesque" as I hold it on the 100k limit in 4th up one tree hill. The steeper it gets the more you can push the hammers. As things flatten out just before Birdwood we hit a couple of straightaways. Sitting on 65mph, it does'nt take long to dial up 80mph pushing past cam overlap, to about 4,000rpm. At this point the engine howls freely. Exhilerating !! We cruise into Birdwood and hit the historic and classic vehicle establishment. It was like modern gladiators transported to the armory of yester' year. Great viewing. Then after checking out the main drag and grabbing a coffee, it was back into the 'lil' bluie' to do a reverse fang home. Sorry guys, no pics to prove at this point ( need to get Brad to do some snaps on the drive next time ). Take my word for it, it was an ACE day. Brad thought so to. 8-)

Does any one want to throw some possible dates around for a cruise?

B.

Tue May 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi Bruno,

I've entered my car in the Kernewek Lowender festival, which is a bit 1000-strong cavalcade of classic cars held up north from Wallaroo to Kadina (via Moonta, I think, otherwise it's about 10k's!).

Check it out in the events section and let me know if you want to come along!

So far I'm the only one going...

http://www.bellett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=311

It's $40/car to enter, but I've heard it's always an awesome day and often features a lot of local cars you don't see in Adelaide.

Cheers mate!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue May 05, 2009 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Further to this, I've entered the Bellett GT which probably won't make it as I've blown the thrust bearings and have NO gears. Which is totally, totally annoying.

But old faithful backup, the Ratter, will certainly make the trip there and back. Even it if is running on 15 year old re-treads that are made of dust and the lost souls of undead Japanese soldiers.

Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
You GT gearbox seemed alright when you were doing 8000rpm clutchless gear changes on the way back from the Airport the other weekend :lol:

Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 am

The only time I did clutchless gear changes is when I had no f*cking CLUTCH!

Wed May 06, 2009 5:11 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
:lol: LOL :lol: That's sick !! I'll stick to 4000rpm/80mph, less chance of damage. At this stage Dave, count me in on the trip to "Copper Triangle". I'm talking Liz into getting out for the day. She has a close friend in Kadina who "bootscoots" for that weekend.

B.

Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]