View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Isuzu Ute (Australia) dealerships aren't any help 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

As many of you know, Isuzu have set up a bunch of Isuzu Ute dealerships to exclusively sell the D-Max SUV/pickup/mini-truck/ute range.

I just went into one with a couple of old-school part #'s but they weren't able to help me citing that they can only order parts relevant to the Isuzu D-Max range. To his credit, he did try out the part #'s for me, but they didn't work.

Anyway, it's not a good help of where you CAN get stuff, but it will at leaste help some people know where they CAN'T get stuff and hopefully save them a trip! I want my shoe rubber back!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 am
Profile WWW

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Someone commented that the world wide economic collapse had least affected Australia, because the banks over there were cheating the system less than the banks everywhere else. But even so, it is hard to fault someone for wanting to deal with parts only for their current vehicle offerings, given that Isuzu had moved out of Australia long ago, and have just moved back into the market.

If it makes you feel better, for Bellett parts, I can not even verify that the local dealerships can not get the parts anymore, unless they are shared with the late 1970's pickup trucks that were offered over here on the other side of the world.

Salt in the wound is that there are parts showing up on auction pictured with new or current packaging (bags and boxes) with the latest logos and tags. In the home market, some of the replacement parts are still in production.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Pretty much.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]