View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
rego dilemma 

i took my gt to get it registerd today got the roadworthy all the usual stuff all was good until they went to check the write off register which is not applicable 1 because its to old 2 we know the cars history,the problem was that some fool could not comprehend that the car did not a compliance plate and then wanted to investigate further,i rang isabella grand tourer to see if he could recall the rego no from 40 years ago,which he gave me what he thought was right rego number but it did not come up.
he almost acused me trying to register a import and wanted to know the history so i started to explain that i knew this car for the last 40 years i was probably made in the back of it (some how)and i have owned it for the last 22 years unregisterd.
but now it has a road worthy certificate ctp paid and is sitting back in the shed waiting for a application to be approved by qld transport to get permission to register it.
so if you are doing a resto you might want to get this happening they want receipts for the rebuild photos ect wtf does it matter it has a rwc everything is recoed or new its a full rebuild.i am off to transport dept on the coast to make some noise tomorrow.
the good thing is i have another red gt that is registerd stuff em.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:43 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Go get them GT.

I had a couple of raised eyebrows about no Compliance Place with my 4 door Deluxe a few years ago as well - but it was registered anyway.
People don't like things "out of the norm" - that is why WE own Belletts mate.

Good luck!

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

Good luck with that; sheesh Belletts didn't even have a build date on them and compliance plates weren't required before about 1973, I think...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that because this didn't apply specifically to a brochure or magazine or general history of the Bellett but more a personal history, I've moved this post to the general section. No great dramas!

Speaking of dramas, hope yours are sorted out soon!

Cheers

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:43 am
Profile WWW

:D got my car regoed today i fronted with the paperwork to transport the lady read it and said i need to talk to my supervisor.
im thinking here we go,this cant be good :roll: she aproaches and says what car are you trying to register i replied a isuzu bellett,her reply was sedan or coupe :o i told her she then ask why the court house refused me as it was all stamped up so i gave her the full story her reply was of course it doesnt have a compliace plate,she asked me if was registerd in austrailia before i gave her two rego numbers from over 35 years ago she then said we dont go back that far.
after a bit of idle chit chat about the car as if she was interested she advised her workmate to process the aplication.
i had the manual with me as proof that they did not have a compliance and as the paper work was done for sighting the numbers the car wasnt there and the original lady then asked what does it looked like i showed her a photo in the book and she said it cute.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

Car(s): 67 BELLETT SEDAN. 66 AUTO SEDAN PARTS CAR.HAD GT NOW AT ORPHANAGE
HI GREG WELL THATS GREAT NEWS FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT YOU MAY HAVE HAD THE ONLY 2 TONE GT IN AUSTRALIA ONE PART REGISTERED THE OTHER PART TO BE REGISTERED GRET IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU CANT WAIT TO SEE IT . THE HORN BADGES ARE DONE AND ON THIER WAY WILL KEEP IN TOUCH .ALL THAT CRAP IS WELL BEHIND YOU NOW .TIME TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT CAR ...FUNNY EH.... REGARDS DAVE IF YOU NEED SOME TAILIGHTS 66/68 WILL BE LISTING ON EBAY I HAVE TOO MANY ......

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Sad you got the run around, G.T. I was going to suggest you ask to talk to "someone older" or "with more experience" or "your superviser". Another less confro way is to put club rego on it (more relaxed about this, at least in NSW), then convert it over to full rego.
Glad you found a sane person in the long run.
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:10 am

Car(s): Isuzu DMax LSU, Isuzu MUX, 1979 117 Coupe.
Farmer wrote:
Sad you got the run around, G.T. I was going to suggest you ask to talk to "someone older" or "with more experience" or "your superviser". Another less confro way is to put club rego on it (more relaxed about this, at least in NSW), then convert it over to full rego.
Glad you found a sane person in the long run.
Cheers, Matt.

That is exactly what I did with mine. But In Vic they know what they are as the records are well kept. All I do to get it reregistered is get an RWC and take that and the plates down and pay the $$$$

I did see a 117 coiupe at the last Canberra meeting registered in NSW as "UNKNOWN"

Peter

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]