View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
wasp parts? 

I was searching ebay motors (usa) chev luv and it is interesting what is readily available ie speedo cables,top balljoints with the large retaining nut,wheel cyls,brake shoes,brake spring kits,clutch slave cyls,inner outer tie rod ends ect.some of these items are not expensive and i have had parts posted over before without any problems.The catch is you only have photos to confirm that they are right unless any one can confirm that some of these parts are interchangeable.If this is the case some of these parts are still available.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I THINK they're interchangeable, but it would be good if someone could confirm that.

PR91 Brett has told me that pretty much EVERYTHING that fits on a LUV that doesn't relate to the width of the vehicle (ie not the steering arm that goes across the front as it would be longer on a LUV) should fit in OK.

Pedders still stock some of these parts;

Lower ball joints – PBJ202
Upper ball joints – PBJ201
Tie rod end – left – PTE595L
Tie rod end – right – PTE595R

My brake guy reckons the wheel cylinders were different, although my Wasp may have been fitted with something alternative in the last 45 years!

I haven't actually tried this out, but Brett did rebuild his Wasp a few moons ago and thought it was easier than restoring a Bellett because of the availability of parts!

Also, anything that relates to LHD LUVs out of the States isn't going to help (steering parts, although the rubbers should be the same and there may still be bits available here).

Interestingly, for those that want hubcaps, I think the solution to the lack of Wasp hubcaps may be to get some Chevy LUV items and have the embossed Chev bowtie panel-beaten out of it. They are exactly the same aside from the Chevy badge. I've just bought a pair from the States for that specific purpose! Haven't had anyone beat them yet though...

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]