View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
dots n dashes road trip 

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Greg,

I'm coming. I can't wait. My first dash is from home to the meeting place on the Saturday.

Please let me know of the address when the time gets closer.

There's a museum of old cars in Inverell that has interested me for quite some time.
If it's not too far out of the way,would you please pencill in this 'dot'.

Dave.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:04 pm

No worries Dave :D we are waiting for confirmation of what time Russels girlfriend flys in and then the meeting point will then be confirmed. I can't promise inverell as we did that last year on the way down and at this stage we are not going past :?: What car are you bringing :?:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Greg,
I'm bringing the sedan. Finally got the engine back in and it starts. A word of advice for all. Don't put spring washers on the bolts that hold the transmission plate to the back of the engine. I only had 1. And that was enough to foul the flywheel as it turned. There was a little 'telltale' mark on this 1 bolt that I put the washer on.
New windscreen in. Re conned dash in. Had to modify glove box and speedo panel to make them fit. New vinyl shrunk and they wouldn' fit into the corners. Have taillight surrounds away to be chromed. Waiting on word if they can be done. Out of 2 sets I hope to have a pair.

Inverell not a worry. Daughter-in-law Julie, who was at the last 2 Nats, has a uncle in Tamworth. If we go to there I may make the opportunity to look him up, as he helped me pickup a sedan from there a couple of years ago.

Have to rush home after the Nats. Wheris' has given me a few plans to peruse. I've got my maps out and noting the dots on it for the trip down. Will do same for return, only probably have no time to even stop for a cuppa tea. Will have to talk to "Farmer' about 1 of the plans. It shows that it might go through his backyard.

Dave.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 pm

sweet 8-) I think we are all doing a last minute panic i still don't know which car we will take :? i keep threatening to take nepoleon the sedan but Liz does not like the seats for long trips. We are doing a club trip in 2 weeks and we decided what ever car we choose on the day will be the one. :roll: Liz has 1 in mind [not a wasp] and i am yet to decide :oops:.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I know which car I'm taking :mrgreen: .........

and he's been sitting out in the paddock at my brothers place for the last 3 weeks with the cows and the crows getting all crusted up ready for the trip. I've picked up a few crusty add ons for Donkey too just to make him a little less aerodynamic for the trip.
I was going to change over the engine and brakes out of my blue 69 sedan before the Nat's but Donkey insisted in doing the marathon trip 'Cliffe Young' style.

Don't worry Greg, I will fix the cracked radiator at least.... maybe 8-)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): not enough!
SOUNDS GREAT GUYS! :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yes we have only 3 weeks before we are off. On the 30th of september we are doing a club run final shake down of three revamped qld cars doing the run. cjcc members are all welcome we plan to meet bp north on the bruce hiway and probably hinterland it back to the nsw border :?:

NOW FOR THE REAL DEAL
9.00 AM SATURDAY THE 13TH MEET UP AT BP SOUTH AT CABOOLTURE road trip of a lifetime 8-) 8-) 8-)
Dave cq can you pm me your phone number please. just so we have it in case :!: maybe farmer too if your coming to play on the final leg. I think i have the rest them.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Greg. Save a seat I will be in the area on the 30 th not sure of actual plans yet . Also ihave Droped my I pad . It might shit and I will loose contact . Gricey

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Liz is thinking of taking a car also so a seat will be there for you.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 pm

3 weeks today ;) till we leave hope you have it all together. I have to pull a bit of mine apart but all good and day at the trim shop and three at the panel shop.
hows donkey's radiator :?:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 pm

She started up last night, windows, floor mats & seats in today. Looking good.... Was there any doubt we'd be ready? Can't wait for the road trip and the Nationals! It'll be great to see everyone again.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 am

Car(s): not enough!
wwwoooohhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Still blowing steam out it's seams, but she'll be right :D

Gotta put some tyres on the back and change brake drums on the front too.
Really need some bailey channel for the windows too as all that rattling will do my head in by the time I get to Cairns..... via Merimbula.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
HI GUYS WITH DEEP REGRET OWING TO 1. WORK COMMITMENTS 2. CAR NOT READY 3. JUST SLACK I GUESS TOO MUCH HEAD DOWN BACKSIDE UP IN THE LAST 10 MTHS ..BUT IN SAYING THAT I HAVE COME TO MEET SOME GREAT GUYS ON THIS FORUM AND HAS ENLIGHTENED ME INTO WHAT MATESHIP IS ABOUT 4. I UNFORTUNATELY WONT BE ROAD TRIPPING HOWEVER I WILL BE AT MERRIMBULA ..QUICK FLIGHT AND DRIVE I WILL SEE YOU THERE AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR CAR(S) PREPARATION FOR THE ONCOMING TRIP CHEERS DAVO

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 am

With just over 2 weeks before we head off i have a rrruuuufff intinery.
caboolture bp south 9.30 am
sat 13th oct yamba approx 400km
sunday 14th tamworth approx 400km
monday 15th mudgee approx 330 km
tuesday 16th bathurst approx 150km
wednesday 17th rye park approx 200km
thursday 18th merimbula approx 364km
This is only a guide :?:
Caboolture to Yamba can be via a few secondary roads,day 2 :?: through Mclean to Woodford island a ferry ride over the Clareance river and a river drive to Grafton then on to Armidale via direct route i have to confirm all roads are sealed :?: another route is available in which i can confirm is sealed :!: then on to Tamworth, Russell has requested a visit to the motor cycle museum :) from here on to Mudgee via Scone again using some back roads and a few scenic looks and a lovley little drive through the country to Gulgong this is a bute little town that looks like time forgot and then a short drive to Mudgee. From Mudgee a mountain drive to Hill End a town owned by national parks that has been preserved and i would not be suprised if there was a gun fight in the main street :lol: our little cars are gunna look so modern ;) head down the mountain to Bathurst and a look at the motor racing museum a quick 50km cold lap, next we will fumble our way into farmers country in which i believe farmer will lead us through the Snowie mtns to our destination.
any one who is joining the convoy please confirm via pm for your sleeping arrangements so i can attempt a discount at yamba i.e Greg and Liz 1 double. please notify if you want to arrange your own also :?: i.e stickman possibly camping :?: and how many body's in car please.Please arrange own morning tea supplies. we are taking a thermos to refill each night and biscuits,occasional stops to replenish supplies as needed.and be assured that some afternoons with be spent sharing a plate and cold beverages(happy hour).

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Greg . Not sure where I will meet up . We will be camping out so don't need to book . Gricey

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I have booked a hotel in yamba a couple were booked out :roll: the rooms are booked as below
stickman
isabell
davecq
russel
orph
Please bring plates,knife and forks as some nights we may eat out and some we bbq. We will bbq the first night. There are 2 ways to do this 1 we fend for ourselves or two we all chuck $5 per head and buy bread and salad and share :?: purchase your own meat on the day :?: The following day of a bbq dinner we will use the extra's of the salad and bread rolls, and cold rissols or sausages that we buy from the $5 fund and cook for lunch the night before :?:
:!: rule of thumb if the night before we eat out we will buy lunch :?: or find your own :!:
We will bring cooking stuff.
DOES THIS SUIT ALL CONCERNED we will review the $5 after the 1st night :?:
smoko will be in parks pack a thermos and tea coffee and snacks.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
bbq's sound good, we are in for $5 deal. Eating out all the time becomes very expensive and just end up eating junk food all the time....... HANG ON i LIKE JUNK FOOD........ :? :?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 am

Doing communal dinners sounds good to me as I will be on a VERY lean budget if my last job invoice doesn't get paid before I leave.
Might have to walk home if that happens as I sure as hell won't be pulling out of the ultimate Bellett dot to dot cruise.
Big Geoff is right, gets quite expensive dinning out every night once you include a tasty beverage as well.

Skinny Geoff

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
GUYS I ENVIOUSLY HAVE BEEN READING YOUR DOTS N DASHES JOURNEY ...I COULDNT GET OUT OF MY TWIN TOWNS WORK COMMITMENT ON THE MONDAY SO RATHER THAN MISS THE W/E I WILL JUST HAVE TO MEET YOU THER AND NOT HAVE MY TEARDROP WITH ME THIS TIME ..ALL THE BEST LOOKS EXCELLENT CHEERS DAVO

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next