View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
NATIONALS 2011 

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Well Guys & Girls it happening again at Coona , cup weekend hopefully bigger & better not to many more sleeps to go
aiming for 50 cars & 90 people & ideas for things. if there is something you want to do or somewhere you want to go let us know
cheers till Coona 2011
ken

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:08 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Accomodation booked, Unit 1, right door to the GT wash bay :lol:
If my other half doesn't go with me I might be looking for someone to share with, Al La this year!!! :roll:
See ya in October 2011 if not before.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Reckon 2 days driving is just a bit much for some of us down south.
Canberra is more possible but a big freezing hole of nothing and somewhere like Parkes or Forbes is even more central for just about everyone. 1000K is the fair limit from our end of things
Bega would be another no go year as it is well past Canberra.
The SA flag will be flown by just the few in 2011.

Maybe more of us from SA in 2012.

OZ

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
good coment , 3 days drive 4 me to coona , bit closer would be good i am driving a 40 year old car , some people not all trailer there car , real cars are made to be driven ,not trailer ? it would be 2 day if tow it up a comfort , my 4wd ? :D but prob will turn up 2011 lets cee wat happens,

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Guys,
I don't disagree with you, however no matter where it is held it will not suit everyone. :(
I reckon Bega or Forbes for 2012!!!???
Would be fair so travelling can be shared. :o Look at how much travelling the Smiths, Kahlers and Rod do to each NATIONAL, they need to be congratulated. :D They are what I call ENTHUSIASTS!!!
How does that add go "LOVE THAT CAR"

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Other people travel also Like from Gladstone Kilcoy Qld .
Corowa 3 years running is not a short distance 2 very long days .
Nobody stepped forward for 2011 so it ended up at Coona so as organization would be easier
But all ideas greatly accepted

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:32 am

guys, please don't take this post the wrong way, but....

as the organiser of the first 3 nationals, i got this question....
"when will YOU move it to make it closer for ME??"....
which i saw :evil: :evil: :evil: to, as i felt some wanted it all their own way, but then wouldn't step up and do the work required themselves and expected me to run around after them....

so it's all very easily fixed guys.... if you'd like to have the event held in a location that suits you, tell us that you want to have a go, start the process, and organise it.

2011 came about because nobody else put their hand up for the job before or during the 2010 event, and as we always advise everyone there where next year's event will be, something had to be done, and the 2010 organisers were happy to do it again, so what other choice was there??

just but bare in mind that if you say you're going to do it, it isn't an easy task that's ready to go after a few hours work and 4 phone calls...., and it WILL COST YOU MONEY from the organisational running around, phone calls, etc. please don't think that the organisers even break even from the weekend, as it just won't happen.... i know 1st hand, 3 times over, but it was a cost i was happy to pay for the event to happen.
also, you need pick choose a location that you can organise the event at with relative ease. by this, i mean if you decide to do the event within a 1 hour drive of your home, then that's easy to do, but if you decide on somewhere that is a day, or more, drive away.... then how do you organise it if you're not prepared to travel there, and you might have to go there multiple times??

this is why corowa was chosen in 2006, 07 and 08. (2008 was to be in dubbo, but there were a multitude of problems with holding it there at the time, and it was an 11th hour decision to move it back to corowa, but basically, if we didn't move it, the event wouldn't have happen that year.). corowa is 3 hours drive for me, so that was no prob.
2009 was adeaide. even easier for dave than my 3 were. personally, i think the SA'ers have had the best deal yet from any of us with the event location, as it was in their backyards, not multiple hours driving away....
2010 was coona. the qld'ers that organised it did a 3 or 4 day trip to organise things in one hit, as it's an 8 hour drive from brissy, but then still had the phone calls.... and the following bills.... to contend with.

ok, so,
2011 is set for coona.
2012 is a bit up in the air, maybe bega, or echuca, but we'll work it out as we go.
2013.... bay to birdwood suits our era of cars again, so....?? but that's a loooooong way off yet.
but if anyone has better suggestions, and more importantly are willing to do the work involved, then please just let us know, because nobody knows what's going on unless someone says something....

cheers.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 am

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
2013 for Adelaide and the Bay to Birdwood should be all but locked in. At the end of the day this was a great event last year and would be great to repeat it in 2013.

Dave, Antus and myself would be more than happy to take it on although we might have to look for volunteers to cook the BBQ next time :D

Cheers,
R.

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 pm
Profile WWW

Brett and Rod,
Those plans sound good!!
There should also be one closer to the QLD border at some time, they are travelling long distances!!
My problem is trying to get time off work for the long distances, for my work it is the wrong time of the year, October is all hands ON DECK here!!!!!!
Lets see what the future holds???????
Dave.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Hi All, This topic is the HARDEST of HARDEST of all. The organisation and planning of these events is of the greatest efforts by all in the past, and will be in the future. I myself have not been able to attend a NATIONAL for over 10 years, either through work, kids, distance or other activities, But the effort every Bellett owner puts in to keep THE ISUZU BELLETT or any other ISUZU product going is to be commended. My assocition with ISUZU has now been over 35 years and to think that there is still so many people attached to these, as ISUZU may put it, a step aside from the industral trucks. ISUZU have made a number of SPECIAL products that we all enjoy.
So if you can attend a National, or State event do it with PRIDE, as we are all sharing the same passion, as we are the folks keeping what we enjoy going, for all to see.

Thanks, and this site is keeping, the Bellett faction alive.

Geoff.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Well Said Geoff we bought our first Bellett Gt in 1974 & have had 44 ,OF ALL TYPES gt Wasp,sedan & Flo's Can't imagine life without them we are proud to organise Nats for 2011 & if people don't want to travel to support their own vehicle marque then stiff s..t that is their loss but don't winge & moan about it
Hopefully 1 day you can make it. If you need an invite pm me
cheers ken

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:03 am

well ken you wanted some friendly comments on nats , now some people are getting nasty ? saying stiff s....etc and saying if u dont like it u organise it , you mite loose some people going too coona , i mite be one of them ? :twisted: i mite wait until its in vic or adelaide its only one and a half drive there ? :mrgreen: they always say the air is abit thin in qld :lol: just joking have nice day

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 am

No offence meant by my stiff s... comment but we are adults & the event is about the vehicles that is why it is not open to clubs I as one of the organisers know how much goes into one of these events & know that everybody can't be pleased & as previously stated if we didn't step up for 2011 as did Brett & Steve did in 2008 then there would not be a nationals .We flew to Adelaide in 2009 as Carol & I could not arrange enough time from our businesses to drive as round trip would be 9-10 days .My comments are not vendictive but fact We love and respect our cars as does everybody that owns an Isuzu otherwise we would not be doing what we do with them.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
It doesn't realy matter where they are for us as we are prepared to travel, last year we had great hopes to go to Adelaide, but had one car ready out of three, and were still going to go when we were tipped on our ar.. with a a big turn in direction with business. We also had to make a decision on which way to turn this year, as the annual conference for our business was held on the same week end as Coona. We chose Coona out of love for our cars. Maybe we had our priorities wrong but in our business we are on call 24/7 365 days of the year, so we look forward to a GETAWY, and the we spent a week going to and return from Coona and that will probably be our annual holidays. So glad we did make that decision as we had a ball and the meeting with people with the same interest and put a lot of faces to people that we have communicated with for a long time. We are already in the process of finnishing cars for next year, so don't bring Coona on too quick.
So see you at Coona next year and wherever the year after.
The gang from YOWIE country.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words Geoff
Carol & I made Coona our annual Holidays at Coona as did a lot of people .Even though we lost 1 car on the way Icould have limped it home & stayed there but stupid me unloaded it into another car and started the trip again to get to Coona at 615pm Coona time.Result 1 skippy no damage & 12 1/2 hrs non stop drive xcpt for fuel 5 mins. Have to ask why we are diong it all again in 2011 ????????????? must be stupid .
Full marks to those that went the distance .
PS Geoff maybe you could bring a YOWIE as well next yearIhear they drive a mean ute.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Hi guys, first of all, the 2010 Nats was great, we had a great time, and thanks to the organizers for all their hard work
and a fantastic event! Getting together for the general Bellett chat and checking out the cars was fun! :D
I can understand all arguments as to the location, no matter where it's held some people are going to have to travel a fair
distance. I like the idea of Forbes or Parkes but also agree there should be some down the track for our friends in upper Qld and even some closer for our Tassie friends. the guys that travel long distances every year, to quote 1968GT "They are what I call ENTHUSIASTS!!!"
I do admit to finding the drive a bit long (and that was in a 4wd not my Bellett...I know toughen up princess!! :roll: ) but may in the future consider flying or driving over a longer period and make it a bit more of a holiday for the longer distance Nats, as I do enjoy the event.
May not make the 2011 at Coona :cry: , but am locking in 2012 :) (and hoping to bring my Bellett then too) :twisted:
Josh

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:49 am

Wahoo, ONLY 2 MONTHS TO GO!!!
BUT, who is counting?????
Hopefully the local weather will have improved by then, whatever happens make sure you bring WARM clothing, if the current weather sticks around, it could be very cold!!

C YA THERE!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 am

everyone!

spoke to the "main" accomodation venue this week.... if u haven't booked your accom, you'd better get to it FAST!!
but don't fear if you miss out there, as the place right next door is happy to take you as well.

i spoke to carol (the organiser) too....
it's shaping up to be a FANTASTIC event, but....
while it's great that alot of people are booking accom, PLEASE REMEMBER:
YOU MUST ALSO SEND THE OFFICIAL NATS PAPERWORK BACK TO THE ORGANISERS ASAP!!
even tho you may have booked your room, that DOESN'T get you into the nats itself.... so PLEASE send your form back (that you should have received over a month ago) or disappointment WILL ensue as you won't be catered for over the weekend in any way....

cheers!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:14 am

wont be going this year , cancelled my accom yesterday, cheers rod

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:20 am

Sorry to hear you won't make it Rod. :cry:
ANYONE travelling via Mudgee is welcome to join up with me, I will be leaving home between 900 and 1000 AM, if anyone is interested, lots of advantages when travelling together, ask the Guys we travelled with us last year!! :lol:
Dave M.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next