View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Nationals of the Future 

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
NO DOUBT Steve you can organise a great event. NO reflection was meant to you at all, you are becoming too thin skinned!
I am considering those that have battled to get to the Nationals each year and that $20-00 you talk about could be a battle for some, "some" could not make it to Coona this year due to cost, for those I would think Tassie would be out in 2014!

If I have offended anyone, that is not what was meant, considering "all Others" is my intent including all the QLDers, who have travelled massive distances for quite a while.
Why not send out to all asking the question, as some would not comment online?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:11 am

well said Greg. u get the 'post of the week award!' and as u wrote earlier mate, it'll be a week long adventure for us too, so what better way to celebrate the 50th anniversary! sure, it'll cost me a bit too, and with a divorce settlement between now and then I'll be really watching the pennys, but i reckon it's a once in a lifetime thing so you and me will enjoy a rum or 30 together when we get there!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

as a total off shoot to this matter, the consensus is that we'll go to Tassie at some stage... so if anyone is intending on trailering their car/s I'll make the offer of storage of their tow car and trailer while we're all away, and i can put a few people up for a nite or so before and after we go there to make things easier. i think the best angle with getting onto the boat across is to just drive our Bellett's onto the boat as the cost of getting a tow car and trailer on would be insane... for those that don't know I'm only an hour (at most) NE of Melb and where the boat docks so it's not far to go once you're here. cheers! cheers!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:25 am

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Ok Dave, I will take on your suggestion of a mail out to all, and see what I come up with.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
yes brett would a great idea to leave your trailer in melb , add another $ 800 for your trailer return , prob cost around $ 1500- to $ 1800 for car towing trailer , and another thing on anavesarry it may be the 50 th anavesary on the first belletts in australia bit for most of us mine and dave is in 2018 for our 68 year models that seems to me to be more important but still will be happy for the 50 th annevesarry too ,so hope to see the nats in tassie , , anything i can do let me now , , , and some one menchined now one likes traveling i traveled 2009 to adelaide 2010 to coona , so i done a few miles in those two years and the cost too , so dosnt mater where they are ,,,,,you build it they will come,,,,,cheers rod

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Don't bother mailing me Steve, we will be there, would not miss it. :D also with 50th aniversary is neither heare no there, just a little special to us Belletters and will make it happen where ever we are. (Where are like that :lol):
Cheers Geoff.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:40 am

Cheers Geoff and Rod, thats two definates already, But I shall do a mail out to all and see what the general consenses tells me. Keep on belletting, Cheers Steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
I will do my best to be there Steve, just have the other half to consider, I doubt she will be too happy, unforunately for me my Marg is not into cars of any marque!! I should be retired by then, holidays won't be a problem :lol:
My mention of the 50th Anniversary of the first Bellett to arrive out here was only a thought in case it had slipped your mind!! :idea:
We can always have another Event near the month the first car arrived??? ;)
Brett, I might have to take you up with your offer of storage if I take the GT???? 8-)
I may even turn up as I did in Adelaide in our Caravan, obviously no GT, I just like being with the Bellett family!!

Keep BELLETTING!!
Dave M.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:02 am

Car(s): not enough!
HHHEEEELLLOOOOOOOO EVERYONE

IM A CHRISTMAS ANGEL...ITS TRUE A PHOTO TO FOLLOW!!!!!
:shock:

Well I was one today at our xmas party!!!!!!!! :P

Im here just to spread some christmas love and joy!

sometimes I have found that the written word in forums emails etc...comes across the wrong way! ;)

Im sure all is well in our wonderful Bellett community and no misunderstandings were meant in any comments

just sometimes they read wrong and get misunderstood....sometimes we need to talk and when the......
SPOKEN WORD is heard the intention is clearer.......

I dunno ...just an observation lovlies...... :D

photo coming...just for a laugh.....heheheheheheh

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 am
Profile YIM WWW

great comments Gary and Mon, So gaz, without a photo, were you an Angel on a bike or in a Bellett ? :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Car(s): not enough!
OOOPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HANG ON......THATS NOT THE PHOTO!!!!!!

:lol: :roll: :o :shock: 8-)

Attachments:
oohdear.jpg
oohdear.jpg [ 33.57 KiB | Viewed 26797 times ]

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi to Steve,
Just checking next year's diary & it appears Tassie still has a 3 term school year. (Rod or YP may be able to confirm this?) Next year their school holidays end on September 24th. This might allow you to set a date in some mainland holidays and still get off-peak accom rates. The NT, QLD, NSW, VIC, & SA hols are generally the last week of September and first week of October.
I know that there are not many with school age kids, but this would make things easier for us for an extended stay, Tracy being a teacher. ( Not being ' special' or anything, just a suggestion. :lol: )
Other than for the most out-there unforseen circumstances, we will be IN for Tassie 2014 :D

The boat trip is much cheaper if you get seats, not beds. Some friends recently went for a 2 week trip to Tas, and said the cost was reasonable. (I'll find out & report)

Thanks for planning ahead, and for giving us a great reason to do that visit we've always meant to do 'One day'. (52 already. Shouldn't put stuff off forever!)

Cheers, Matt.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Isabell Grand Tourer wrote:
If you have a good spread of people in Vic and SA how come at the last nats we 2 from Vic and nil from SA.

just to answer this query...

Truth be known, coona was a REALLY long way from adelaide and in 2010 no less than seven south Aussies brought across five cars.

It was a solid, two day trek and while i know you guys go further almost every time, it was a mighty effort for a bunch of mates who can't run their work from their fones and generally can't set their own hours.

Two major factors aside from distance knocked out all the south Aussie this year at coona...

Robs car was still dead from last years nationals, when he valiantly drove it over at all costs. He did not make it back and was forced return a few weeks later with a trailer and pick it up, effectively doubling the distance he travelled!

Chris and Josh are Rob's best Bellett mates and because Rob wasn't going to make it in 2011 they decided to collectively pull the pin. I asked Chris at the time he told me that if he could see murimbula in his future and he was keen, so that is good.

As for Ross, Ant, Paul and myself, that was my fault. My wife Sarah gave birth to our first child a couple of weeks before so understandably a hall pass from her was not forthcoming.

As for the other boys, they usually bunk with me and decided that we would all give murimbula a fair crack in 2012.

Technically its closer, but only by about 50ks!!

Also our Vic mate Gav is a working man with a young family who has been properly hooning his Pat Crea replica at a few local motorsport events and with all his commitments, he just wasn't able to include it in his itinerary for 2011.

I'm keen for murimbula in 2012 and will rally the south Aussie troops hard. They won't be allowed to sleep until i have some god-damned yesses from them.

Thanks

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
shool holidays from 2013 will be 4 tearms for schools like the rest of country ,

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Farmer; I will indeed be looking at school holiday times for 2014 Nationals, rest assured that I have everyones interests and obligations at heart and will do my best to suit absolutaly everybody. Also yes the chairs on the boat are a cheaper alternative, I am already disscussing with the two Bass Strait Car carriers for "special" rates for the Nationals. I will let you all know in due course. Cheers Steve

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Ah you're a good fella, Steve!

Thanks, Matt.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Hooly Dooly this is an intence thread to read & this is my first chance to give my two bobs worth as I've only had access to the Nationals section of the forum since it was opened to all forum members in the last couple of days.

Cheers to the moderators for giving me a whole nights worth of catchup.

As far as travel distance for a nationals meets go, I couldn't give two hoots how far I have to travel, I'll be there regardless the distance.
Coona this year was an extremely anxious trip for me as I hadn't worked since April 2nd and was dependant on selling some of my furniture just to have the monies to make it there and back & I wouldn't have made it back if it hadn't been for the generosity and concern of Greg, Lizzie, Geoff and Christine and their insistance that I finish the journey with them.
And what a journey it was!
Best road trip I have ever been on (and I've had some rippers) and won't be forgotten in a lifetime.

I can understand the all who are passionate about OUR Isuzu Bellett and wanting the 50th anniversary to be held on mainland to draw the greatest possible crowd and gain the most attention or get the greatest exposure but for me it has nothing to do with the crowd or the attention or the exposure or truth be know 'the anniversary'.
I'm there for the 'Family' and friends and if my beloved 'Family' members Steve and Peg have put up their hands up and stuck out their necks and are devoting their time and energies to be primary organisers then I personally will follow them wherever they may go.

BRING ON TASSIE IN 2014!

& I am one those who can't afford to put aside even as little as $20 a week at this stage as I still don't have permanent work but that won't stop me from making it.

I take my hat off to anyone and everyone who takes on the responsbility of organising such a grand event, as my grandmother aways said, " You can please some people some of the time but you can't please everyone all of the time".
If it comes closer to QLD at some stage then that's all good, it's fantastic for those up here that perhaps can't travel that far but I personally prefer to travel in the Donkey (NSW, VIC, SA, TAS, WA, NT, MARS or PLUTO)
Donkey is my home away from home.

I'll wash dishes on the boat to pay passage if that's what it comes too.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Alfa 33, 1935 Riley Special
BRAVO STICKY..........I feel all inspired. :D

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

sickman it was our pleasure to have you travel with us ;) and we look forward to doing it again in 2012.

If you add a little pressure to our pommie mate i have offered him a aussie road trip :D via email To join us at the 2012 nationals.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Hey PB, come on over and join our convoy, I can even supply you a little RED Bellett to drive, and who knows, maybe be somewhere down the track we will have a Bellett Internationals. :shock: :shock:

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next