View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Nationals of the Future 

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
I would give it a go. :shock:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:05 am

and Melbourne itself could be on the cards one day too folks...

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
BELLETT69 wrote:
Well Ladies and gentlemen, as PR91 mentioned in an earlier post the 2014 nationals looked like being on the drawing board already, Well I'm here to tell you all that they are. Peggy and myself have nominated ourselves as 2014 nationals organizers.
Now as this is still many years away from taking place, I would just like to here some feedback on how people feel about taking themselves and their awesome Belletts on a boat trip to and from the 3-4 day event, yes thats right, a slightly longer event so as to see more of the amazing scenery, (if we all start a special bank account now, called Bellett nationals, and put in $20.00 a week from now on, we should all have plenty to cover all costs and then some. Let me know of your thoughts. Keep on Belletting, Regards Steve. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :P :roll: :ugeek:

Taaaaassiiiiiiieeee, now there's an idea! :idea:
It's one I like a lot as friends of ours have recently visited & really enjoyed their time down there. It's made us think we have to go see for ourselves, and what better way?

Feedback: There's just one thing. Tracy (being a teacher) and the kids are fairly peged to NSW school holidays, so it would suit us best if it fell in those. Not sure of the dates this far out, but we could find out.

And one other: We've had this grand plan to take 6 months long service, go the home-school trick and take Tracy's parents Landcruiser on an epic top-end/red centre trip. My preference is to do this 2013 and come back via Adelaide for the Nats there. It would mean no Bellett, but ya can't have everything! (Or can ya, maybe one will be for sale and I can go in it![Dream on :roll: ]). But if we cant do it in 2013, then 2014 is the last practical year.

Long ways away, but ya gotta have goals!

Thanks for the plan, like I said, I like it a lot!
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Just a thought Guys and Gals!
I wonder how many could go to Tassie? Cost would be a big factor even starting to save now?

Why not Melbourne 2014, after all it will be the 50th Anniversary of the release of the Bellett, would we get a better roll up if it was held on the main land??
I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT TASSIE, however thinking Aussie wide, I think we could achieve a better roll up somewhere on the main land.
No offense Rod, just thinking NATIONALLY for numbers!!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 pm

1968GT wrote:
Just a thought Guys and Gals!
I wonder how many could go to Tassie? Cost would be a big factor even starting to save now?

Why not Melbourne 2014, after all it will be the 50th Anniversary of the release of the Bellett, would we get a better roll up if it was held on the main land??
I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT TASSIE, however thinking Aussie wide, I think we could achieve a better roll up somewhere on the main land.
No offense Rod, just thinking NATIONALLY for numbers!!

u make a very good point there Dave.
and i know it's sounds silly, but an extra 12 months to save might get more people "on the boat" in more ways than one, meaning a great turnout to the Tassie Nats.
i'm seeing Steve today, so leave it with me.
cheers.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 pm

my 2 cents worth is nsw south coast 2012/ sa 2013/tassie 2014 i think before you seriously lock in 2015 it should be closer to qld as the other 3 are all over 1500km's for qld cars :?:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
yes brett get more numbers on mainland for 50 annaversary , the boat is a bit exey you looking to cost about , $ 800 return on boat for car and 2 people twin berth cabin , so start saving now if you decide to come to tassie , the 50 th should be a big turn out if planed right ,prob get more exposure on mainland ?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

i can see where you're coming from Greg and i agree it has to be moved around, but... for the Nats to move north again it still needs someone to take on the organising and running of it too, which requires people close-ish to the location to do, not someone who's 1,000k or more away.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 am

Put it to a vote, about 70% of the attendees are from QLD or northern NSW. anyway there are plenty of us here to organise it.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:38 am

honestly... a vote will mean every Nats is where most people that vote from are, coz they'll always want it in their backyard. that makes it a north NSW/south QLD event forever and that will kill it. exactly the same happened with the 'old' Nats of the 90's. there's a fair spread of people all over the country, especially down here in Vic and over in SA as well as up north, it's just that some won't travel like us 'hardcore' owners and quite alot either aren't on bellett.net or on here very much if they are, which in my book means we have to keep moving it around and make it accessible to everyone, even if it's only a once every few years event for some. having said all this there's always going to be some that have to travel and some that get a short trip, and added to that, not everyone will like where it's held from year to year either... but that's just part of it. the biggest problem tho is getting someone to take the event on each year so it can be moved around... coz in the past I've witnessed alot of 'i want it here to suit me...' kind of thing but nobody wants to organise it... so it leaves no choice but for someone to take it on where they can organise... and then the same whinging starts again! i must admit i really did wonder why i bothered after a while...

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 am

I dont care that much it was food for thought thats all. I will travel if i want to go it does not worry me as i can take time from work and run our work from phone and internet. The other qlders may not be as flexible so now is the time for them to speak up. I would be happy to put one together in northern nsw?As long as the others are prepared to play.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 am

we're in the same boat Greg. I'm happy to travel too and organise the 1 holiday i get each year around the Nats. in the end tho u'll never keep everyone happy every time but keeping most happy is a good achievement! we'll work it all out in time and by going to new places keeps the a greater interest with everyone coming along too. as long as the Nats keep being the success they've been since Steve and I started them in 2006 then I'm happy too, no matter where we go.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 am

If you have a good spread of people in Vic and SA how come at the last nats we 2 from Vic and nil from SA.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Thats a Damned good question Geoff, And to be very brutefully truthfull, its because that Brett, myself, Gricey and kerry are the only true enthusiasts down here. Thats why its Bl--dy hard to get any sort of outing to be attended. :oops: :oops:
Now getting back to 2014 Nationals, Some people seem to have forgotten that Tasmania was once part of the "mainland" and to my knowledge is still to this day a State of Australia. As I said earlier if we all put away $20.00 per week between now and Nats time 2014 that would be over $2600.00 on my calculations. So unless I get a lot of persons saying that they wont attend the Nationals 2014 in Tasmania, then that is where we shall be holding them, in the past the next years Nationals have not been made public until the current years Nationals, So I am pretty sure that almost THREE years notice of an upcoming Nationals should be ample for personel to have sufficiant funds without being an issue. So come on Guys, lets all get back into the spirit and get our Enthusiasm back in check for the 50th Aniv regardless. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Steve 100% behind you there, and I would support and attend the Nationals in Tassy and would put it at the top of my Bucket List. My beef is that we have traveled the past 2 years to central NSW. the year before was Adelaide SA, (I did not personally attend as I was still building a car) Next year southern NSW,then Adelaide again, Tasmania. Thats 5 years straight south, and the majority of cars are from QLD, and most of the cars from here are two car entrants, Lindsay travels from two hours north of Brisy and has attended every nationals from inception and brings two cars, Dave is another couple hours further north. I therefore think that we should be able to host a Nationals here, or in northern NSW. I would like to put my hand up along with Greg, Liz and Christine to organise same, and if it turns out to be the 50th aniversary for the Belletts, so be it, we would be capable of putting on one dam good party. With our experience in business I can assure you that every effort would be made to organise something special.
Thanks Geoff :D

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm

ok this years Nats had more than 2 from Victoria... and as Steve said we are the true enthusiasts that go anywhere and we always will. i think the last 2 years has had a good response from the northern areas simply due to the location of the event. EXACTLY the same happened with the amount of SA cars at the adelaide Nats and at the 2nd and 3rd years at the corowa Nats with Victorian cars. as for travelling i had an easy couple of hundred k drive for the first 3 years... but only coz i was organising the event! for the last 3 years i've travelled, each way, 800k to adelaide and over 1,000k to coona, TWICE, while next year is still 6-700k or so to merimbula and 800k to adelaide again... so it could be argued that another one down this is in order too coz that'll be 5 years of driving for a day or more to get there. i agree that the event has to go north again, and i think a QLD event would be fantastic, and as it seems that Steve is set on Tas for 2014, how about a QLD event in 2015? makes it fair in my book.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I am with you 100% steve has 2014 in place and it's great. I have all intensions of being there. If i get my way i will be there for a few weeks. maybe a pre/post nationals tassie road trip ;) is in order.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
I am with you Geoff!!!
No one I know "FORGETS" Tassie is part of our great country :roll: , however when a member of the group, who resides in Tasmania agrees with 2014 being on the mainland, where is the basis of the discussion??? ;)
Tassie is one of the best regions of this great country to tour, after a lot of investigating I certainly will be travelling to Tassie at the "right time"!
The 50th Anniversary should be a WHIZZ BANG Event, held where the majority of Bellett owners can travel to with reasonable cost, what Geoff is suggesting is both reasonable and sensible!
Not everyone can save the dollars required to travel great distances to attend unfortunately, these members of the group need to be considered also.
I agree, Tassie should have a "Bellett Nationals", when is the question, I don't think 2014 is the right time due to the 50th anniversary!
Dave M.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Dave, all I am going to say is, If people cant put aside $20.00 per week from now till 2014, then they have some serious issues, And are you saying that because 2014 nationals will be in Tasmania that it wont be a Wizz Bang event, Do I take from that you dont believe that I cant organise a Wizz Bang event, or that a Wizz bang event would not be possable because it's in Tasmania, Whatever Dave, I know in my heart that it will be the BIGGEST WIZZ BANG EVENT that you would have ever seen or heard of Dave. Have a nice Day.
Cheers to all the followers. Steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 pm

This was not meant to turn to be a sh17 fight. i think if someone realy wants to be there they will no matter where it is. If 2014 is locked in then the next decision is do you want to be there :?:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next