View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Nationals of the Future 

hi all.

after being contacted by some interested, and VERY VERY keen parties, i'm pleased to advise that the venues for the 2012 & 2013 nationals (yes, the next 2 years!) have been set already.
first off, if u were considering having a crack at running the event in either of these years, my apologies, but if no contact and EOI is shown, then we can only work with those that have come forward, and i'm wrapped to see the parties involved getting in so early to ensure a great time is had at both events, instead of things being left "up in the air" until the last minute.....
anyway, all i'll say ATM is that the 2012 event sees us heading to a beautiful area of our country that we haven't visited before, and 2013 will be a special one for it's own reasons too.
all will be announced at the 2011 nats, so please don't ask for a "sneek peek" as to what's what, as the silence will be deafening!! :lol: :lol: i'm only advising of these arrangements now incase anyone wanted to do the 2012 or 2013 event that things are already taken care of to avoid any disappointment.

cheers!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
However I'm sure PR91 is taking offers for the 2014 and 2015 ones...

Any volunteers?

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:24 am
Profile WWW

believe it or not....
2014 may be locked away before long too, as discussions have been underway for a while.
the idea for what may be 2014 was always a back up plan if nothing was forthcoming for 2012, but as 2012 has been actively "pursued", including having some early arrangements already seen to, we'd be crazy not to put this into place and then have said back up 2012 plan as number 1 candidate for 2014.... but it's still over 3 years away, so we'll see what comes about down the track a bit.

at this rate tho, we'll be looking at 2038 within a month i reckon!! :lol: :lol:

cheers.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
My issue with the "Nationals" is that i cant afford to have 2 weeks of my leave used up every year to travel the countryside no matter how much i enjoy the cruising, the fireside stories and the great cars and folks.
Guess i am fortunate that i dont live in WA or Tassie or even Darwin.
So i will make it every 2-3 years and location may decide just how often i manage to make it.
Lovely to travel the breadth and width of Australia, just life outside the Bellett Culture demands my time as well.

Roll on more Nationals in Alice Springs....

OZ

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:52 pm

oz_toffa wrote:
My issue with the "Nationals" ....
So i will make it every 2-3 years and location may decide just how often i manage to make it.

OZ

this is everyone's "issue" too, which is why we try to move it around.... but it can only be moved to locations that someone is willing to put the time and effort into organising the event at.
and "location" may suit you very well sooner than you think....

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
This is very exciting news Brett. 8-) Now everyone will be wondering, wondering :?:
Wherever they happen, it is good to know (as we have in the past) with a years notice so that people can plan.
Difficulty is always going to be in such a big country, that it will be near to some and far from others, no matter where it is. Personally, I like the far ones - more Bellett driving! The Adelaide & Bay to Birdwood experience will live long in my memory as a fantastic family holiday.
But as mentioned in another thread, organisers have to be able to have it reasonably near, just to be able to get it all together.
If anyone wants it close to home, then get a couple of mates together & throw your hat in. People WILL come! (We will at least!)
I reckon Tassie would be nice one year. Never been to Tassie!
In the meantime there are always the state events - I always look to the events pages to see what everyone is up to. It's great to have this fantastic resource - Before 'Bellett.net' (and Ebay) computers didn't have any attraction for me.
Thanks to all who have, and all who will work to bring on the Nationals. It's a highlight of my year. :D
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Aaaaalice Spriiiiiiiings........Now there's an idea :idea: . Never been ther either. Handy(?) for Niel & just up the road for the South Aussies. Would probably have a good FLORIAN class too!
Come on Oz, bring it on !
Cheers mates!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Hey Farmer,

Alice is not a bad drive from Darwin - 1500km or about 20 hours driving - may be 30 in the Bellett ;)

Loved Tassie when we went there beginning of 2010 - LOVED it!!!

Cheers
Neil

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
I'm with Farmer and Red Back, Alice good location, not far from Brisbane as the crow fly, mabe bring Pajero and trailer and stright across the Simpson??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
bellett nats would be good if it was centerel to every one ,1,2,or even three day drive would be ideal for everyone if they was driving there bellett to nats ,any more than that trailel your car would be the way to go,for me last year from tassie was 3 day drive wasnt too bad,you cant make every one happy dosnt matter where they are in future people will turn up because we are all bellett nuts :D just keep them going as as we can , :lol: if you build it they will come :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Wholeheartedly agree with what is going around.

Like many people the commitment to work and family means that I can only afford (both monetary and time) to attend every two years.
Additionallly the thought of attending without a running car that can be paraded around the locale just would not feel right.

It is with a great deal of regret that I am unable to attend this year.
However I am putting my efforts into attending the following year wherever it is held.

I do however give my wholehearted thanks to Carol and her assistants for what will be a fanatastic event this year.

Cheers
Rob

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
The drive last year to Coona was great, the event was awesome and visiting "the Dish" on the way back was fun.
There is something special about a road trip to an Event like the Nationals.
But it may be a simplistic way to look at it, in the more distant locations eg. Upper Queensland etc. If a location could be selected within a few hours from an airport, for those who cant take the 4-6 days to drive there and back but want to share in the Bellettness

I also regret not being able to attend this year but am hanging out for 2012!
Am also looking forward to all the pics of this year’s event on the forum!

Josh :-)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 am

Car(s): not enough!
2012 BELLETT NATIONALS

BEGA VALLEY ~ SAPPHIRE COAST NSW

STAYING AT MERIMBULA

BRINGG IT ONNNNNNNN!!!! :D :lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Well Ladies and gentlemen, as PR91 mentioned in an earlier post the 2014 nationals looked like being on the drawing board already, Well I'm here to tell you all that they are. Peggy and myself have nominated ourselves as 2014 nationals organizers.
Now as this is still many years away from taking place, I would just like to here some feedback on how people feel about taking themselves and their awesome Belletts on a boat trip to and from the 3-4 day event, yes thats right, a slightly longer event so as to see more of the amazing scenery, (if we all start a special bank account now, called Bellett nationals, and put in $20.00 a week from now on, we should all have plenty to cover all costs and then some. Let me know of your thoughts. Keep on Belletting, Regards Steve. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :P :roll: :ugeek:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:54 am

Bring it on

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:13 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
does that mean you coming to tassie 2014 ?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:19 am

well Rod, you could well be onto something there. :lol: :roll:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 am

could even be NZ like the Prince guys are doing too! but i doubt it... :D

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Tassy would be great, NZ? Would have to up the budget and instead of $20 a week, will have to be $50 a week in your Nationals Account, and you would have to start your import and export paperwork with the Gov before christmas this year :shock:
If the nationals are in southern NSW next year, SA the year after, and Tasmania the year after that, then I think the next one should be in Qld. :lol:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 pm

well Geoff, does that mean you are putting your hand up to be the organizer for 2015 ?
Queensland here I come in 2015 (but very much hopefully before) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next