View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Bellett Nationals 2009... more announcements 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

I've sent a letter to almost everybody (there were a couple that fell off the list; you will get yours ASAP).

The following info is pretty much word-for-word from the new follow up letter that I haven't yet finalised and posted. The 2nd letter is to discuss the recent developments in relation to the accommodation, as well as the Show & Shine and Annual Dinner.

Firstly, Adelaide Shores advised me their pricing would increase $5-10 per night over last year; however this price change has now been formalised and is actually around $30-40 per night extra! Unbelievable! I rang them and they were unrepentant and would not move on the price. If I had known they would do this, I would not have recommended them at all.

I must point out that Adelaide Shores is a multiple-award winning, extremely high-quality facility (for a caravan park). The majority of visitors at the park over the weekend will be Bay to Birdwood attendees and I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic. However I understand that such an increase will be, for many people, unacceptable on moral or budgetary grounds. You have no idea how annoyed I am.

As you would have seen in the original letter, I did recommend some alternatives and while it would be nice for us to be all at the one place, the nature of the event will mean we are out and about both days of the weekend anyway! Furthermore, if people wishing to stay at Adelaide Shores don't secure their spots before about mid January, it could be likely that there may be more people staying at the alternative accommodation than the one originally recommended!

Please organise your accommodation as soon as you can; one phone call is all it takes. Once you are booked in, please let me know so I can get accurate numbers for the Nationals Dinner and the transport to and from. Currently there are so few people *confirmed* that I'm going to book a standard Falcon taxi and a table at McDonalds.

The festivities, both venue and price-wise are now formalised.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
SHOW & SHINE:
Saturday 26 September (day)

Shannons Insurance car park
863 South Road
Clarence Gardens

BBQ and soft drinks provided

**Grand Final WILL be on the TV**

After careful deliberation, this venue was chosen because it has the space and facilities that we require and they are extremely receptive to grassroots motoring events. Many clubs hold their historic rego inspections there and have no complaints. 20 minutes from West Beach.

ANNUAL DINNER:

Saturday 26 September (night)

Comfort Inn Haven Marina
6-10 Adelphi Terrace
Glenelg

Two shuttles will be provided to and from the venue. It is a 5-minute drive from West Beach, but is a VERY long walk (about 45+ minutes). Bugger that!

I'll send it out in a formal letter soon but the payment amount will be in the vicinity of $60.00 per head.

This will get you:
• BBQ lunch and access to facilities (including the Grand Final) at the Bellett Nationals Show and Shine at Shannons Insurance

• Dinner at the Annual Dinner at Comfort Inn Haven Marina on Adelphi Terrace with a shuttle bus to and from the venue

• A super secret awesome gift

I will organise a payment system soon (give me a couple of days - will send that info with the official letter).

If those who actually have booked in can let me know (if you haven't already) that would be great. I need to know names as well as numbers.

Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:31 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
New info above... cheers

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:44 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Also, just a quick note to remind everyone that once again this is an invitation only event and as such this section (Bellett Nationals) is only accessible to people who have been invited.

We will be inviting people who are valuable contributors to the site to try and keep the new blood flowing and keep these events alive in years to come.

Anyone who signs up to the forum needs to contact Dave, Brett or myself for an official invite and access to this section, otherwise it can't be viewed.

I hope this makes sense and everyone understands why we are running with this policy.

Cheers,
Ross.

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
You guys are doing such a professional job, both with this site and in organising the nationals - I can't thank you enough. :D We are planning a 2 1/2 - 3 week trip comming over through Broken Hill and returning via the south coast right round through Melbourne, Sale, Eden,etc. If you know of any "must sees" I would be very happy to hear about them so we can incorporate them. We are so looking forward! You people are 8-) .
Matt & Tracy.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 am
Site Admin

Car(s): Gemini TX Coupe G200W Delco EFI, Gemini TX sedan (SR20DET, track car), Dato 1200 Ute, Subaru Blitzen Wagon (4th gen)
Bel & Myself will definately be there! 8-)

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Car(s): Bellett GT, Subaru Forester XT, BA Falcon Turbo, Yamaha TTR.
Dave and Ross,
I am planning to be there, however a lot will be waiting to see their situation finacially due to the down turn.
my wife and I will be doing similar to MATT and his wife, travelling across via Broken Hill first to the Flinders Ranges then back to Adelaide, arriving about a week prior to the event to have a look around Adelaide, my wife has never to SA,it would be brilliant to see a large collection of our cars even though I wont be in mine this time, it would not pull our Caravan.

Hopefully all going well all will continue to plan, ket the economy decide!! BUGGER IT ALL!!!

You are doing a GREAT job Gents, keep it going.
Dave M.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Subaru Forester XT, BA Falcon Turbo, Yamaha TTR.
Dave,
All our plans are still in place, everything still on our plan will place us in Adelaide about the Sunday prior to the BtoB, for a look around Adelaide with my wife, we will then head home on the Monday after BtoB.
Don't forget me for a seat or a car to drive, don't care what it is, if you or anyone has a spare one for BtoB.

Sat May 16, 2009 8:25 am

Car(s): not enough!
any updates?

we are getting excited!

:D :P :) :o :?

Tue May 26, 2009 1:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi, all. My local club has received Bay to Birdwood entry forms, so I've entered. It says there is a limit of 1750 cars (1955 - 1977)! 1750 cars would be just amazing! All very exciting.
Monn, I will mail you a copy tomorrow.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue May 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Car(s): not enough!
Dave said there will be some updates on here in a couple of days......
goodee goodee gum drops.....lol
:D

Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]