View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Bellett Nationals - THANK YOU!! 

hi everyone.

as those of you that were at this year's nationals will know, after 3 years of organising and running the event, i'm hanging up my hat... this is simply due to a few reasons, but never fear, the nationals will go on, so please read on...
1. i have a young family that is growing up very fast, and as it grows, i want to devote more time to the things that go with it. my daughter is now 7 years old (where has THAT time gone...), is becoming much more active in sports and the like, and i just don't want to miss this, as i'll never get that time back.
2. as nicole and myself work for ourselves, work constraints make our time limited enough as it is, and i feel the event needs more time spent on it in the future to make it a better event than i can make it.
3. we need to move the event around the country to make the travelling distances fair for all. the last 3 years in corowa have been fantastic, but my concern is that some may become bored with the same location from year after year.
also, if we can move the event around, it'll make the travelling fair for all in the long run. ie: you might have to travel 1000km one year, but only 100km the next, if you get my drift.

this change in organisation and location has already taken place for 2009, as those who came along this year will know, and most would have read on here since.
i'd like to thank dave, 2ldohc, antus, and their "better halves", for taken on the role in '09 in adelaide, and i know they'll pick up from where i have left off to take the event to the next level. if the presentation they did for us all at the offical dinner on the saturday night in corowa is anything to judge by, it'll be a FANTASTIC event!!
as for the event after '09... the event will go ahead, but as to where at this stage is undecided. there have been some wonderful suggestions of location, and very kind offers to organise and run it, but we'll make that decision at a later date. one thing for sure though, it'll be well and truly decided upon before the '09 nationals, so we all have plenty of time to prepare again.

on a personal note, i'd like to thank everyone for there support of the event, going right back to the first one in 2006. the event started from a humble idea of getting bellett owners together, whether they be in a "recognised" or "formalised" club or not, and just enjoy the bellett, but it's had such a positive impact on the bellett scene that i don't think any of us would have thought possible in only 3 years.
from a first year of 30 people and 13 cars in '06 to having 50 people and 23-24 cars (i'll get to the approx number down further) in '08 is outstanding, and it's all thanks to you guys and girls that bring the cars and yourselves along, and i can't thank you all enough for this.
one attendee said to me this year that he and his wife really look forward to the event, as it's alot of fun, and seeing everyone again is like a big, once a year family re-union... these words really touched me, as i hadn't looked upon those that come along as a "family", but he was right. we are a family, and i'm proud to be a part of it.
in all honesty, my whole premise for doing the event was to bring us all together, first and foremost, but the added interest now shown in the bellett's as a whole, from those of us that have been around them for years and years, as well as those that have come along only recently, has been amazing.
this has since also boosted the offical membership numbers of the BCCV by approx the 20% mark, as people who come along that want to join a proper club have asked what clubs are available, and i've been only to happy to direct them to the BCCV. i'm also very proud of this, as the BCCV is only a small concern in terms of numbers, and more members will see it go from strength to strength.
added to this, the number of "new" cars coming out of the woodwork now has just blown me away. those people that have recently become known to us all have some great cars, and some of us "veterans" have been busy with more restorations and/or sourcing cars for just such a task, so that means a few more bellett's, and wasp's, have been "rescued" for preservation. a wonderful thing for us all in the future, without a doubt.
again everyone, a BIG thank you, as your ongoing interest in the humble bellett will ensure it's survival for a long time to come.

as i wrote earlier, i can only approximate the number of cars this year, and for a one reason... i didn't get time to count them!! as those that have witnessed, i'm usually run off my feet for most of the weekend, and this year was the busiest yet.
as a result, i'm asking a HUGE favour of those that came along... could i possibly please get a cd copy of your photo's, video's, etc., as i didn't take ONE photo all weekend... yep, idiot me who organises it, runs it, didn't take one photo of it!! i'm only to happy to pay for your costs if you can help me out, and i'd greatly appreciate it. just contact me on here, email, or phone (i think most of you would have any or all of those details).

finally, many, many thanks to everyone for the support i've received throughout the 3 years of my organising and running the nationals from you all, especially the kind words and messages of thanks and support my "real" family and myself have received of late. seriously, it means a great deal to me.
i've got alot of good friends from being involved with these great little cars, and over the time i've been doing this event, i've made alot more good friends, but most importantly, it's the one thing we all share that i really enjoy the most... that's having the same passion as myself, simply to ensure the survival and history of the bellett doesn't disappear, and to have some fun with fantastic people along the way.

i'll re-phrase that... i've made friends that have since become another family.
cheers.
brett wild.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi again everyone.

Just a quick post to thank antus, kjb and ocka for their great photos.
(Although ocka, I'm yet to see your's... BELLETT69 (steve) has been hard to pin down lately, but I'll get them soon!!)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help, and I ask that if anyone else who was at the Nationals could send me a CD of photos as well, I'd be very gratefull and only too happy to cover your costs.
Just let me know.

Cheers.
Brett.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 am

Car(s): not enough!
:D :D :D

To EVERYONE at the Bellett Nationals Weekend,

We would like to THANK YOU ALL for supporting us in our quest for Prostate Awareness and Fundraising.

We class you all as Friends and cant wait to see you all in Adelaide.

Wonder how the scotch whiskey is going????.....lol....if theres any left!....enjoy Grant!

The final amout raised was $2000.00 for our month of fundraising!

Once again.....THANKS ALL

BELLETTS R THE BEST

GARY ISUZUKI SMITH

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

$2K!!!

TOP EFFORT GAZ AND MONN!!!

and I don't think he's opened the bottle yet.
but I'll let you know how well it goes when it is... :P :P

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]