View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
2013 Nationals - why there is NO Nationals Dinner 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi again,

I've had a query if there is a dinner as there isn't any mention of it on the form I emailed (or posted... eventually).

The reason is... there is NO dinner.

Given that the Adelaide event is coupled with the Bay to Birdwood and that the Bay to Birdwood is traditionally a VERY early morning, we've decided to hold the gourmet lunch in lieu of a dinner.

As you will have seen from this post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2332

There are several meals that can be catered for if you decided to purchase... these are the meals (in chronological order) and why:

Dinner
Friday 27 September - BBQ meats & salads provided
Served at Marion Holiday Park - $5.00
Many travellers will have spent long hours on the road; this will mean no hunting for food upon your arrival!

Breakfast
Saturday 28 September – cereals, bacon, eggs
Cook it yourself (we may have helpers... pending....) but everything will be provided

Lunch
Saturday 28 September - gourmet pizzas cook by a chef
Served at Angove’s Winery, McLaren Vale Included in base Nationals fee ($53.50)
This meal will be presented by Chef Todd Steele and will be of exquisite quality. An alternative will be provided ALSO cooked by Todd Steele.

Dinner
Saturday 28 September - NOT PROVIDED
The McLaren Vale lunch will be long; our cars will be getting judged and it will be the prime time for each of us to peruse each others' cars, taste a wine or two and enjoy the surrounds (fingers crossed on the weather).

There's every chance that most people will be happy with something light for Saturday night. Upon arrival you will be given directions to local restaurants, hotels and supermarkets.

Sunday morning will be EARLY, so as fun as it is to get on the beverages (I admit I was looking forward to hoedown with Farmer), I will admit that it would be easier on ourselves and our licenses if we're fairly clear-headed the next morning!!

Breakfast
Sunday 30 September – bacon & egg rolls
served at Bay to Birdwood form-up area, West Beach - $5.00
This meal will be cooked and provided by Kiwanis who will be taking some kind of Nationals accreditation or ID and will hand over your meal; no cash needed. It's an early morning... did I mention that?

Lunch
Sunday 30 September - NOT PROVIDED
You will be at the Bay to Birdwood Classic; there will be several lunch vans at the event with a variety of wares as well as local bakeries and delis around the Birdwood National Motor Museum surrounds.

Dinner
Sunday 30 September – beef spit roast, x3 salads & rolls
Served at Marion Holiday Park - $16.50
After a long day looking at cars and driving across the countryside, we'll need a decent meal. It'll be cool and there will be no need to forage for sustenance!

Breakfast
Monday 01 October – cereals, bacon, eggs
Cook it yourself (we may have helpers... pending....) but everything will be provided

I trust this all makes sense.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:54 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
All makes very good sense I reckon.

I imagine the Monday cruise will be less early, so there may be an opportunity for a shandy with the spit roast? ;) Don't want to miss the cruise this year! Who's sheds are we visiting?? :P

Luv the Nats!
:D Matt.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Dave's shed is pretty close by the Caravan Park. Could be worth a look, Matt

and thanks for all the info and all the work, Dave and helpers.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

it will be an awesome weekend

OZ

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]