View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Adelaide nationals THANK YOU 

To Dave and his S.A crew thanks for wonderful time and the 6000km road trip is worth every km. WELL DONE GUYS.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:45 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
yes I second that :D great weekend :D

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
I too would like to say thank you to all the people that organized this years event, It was my first one and i had a blast! It was great meeting everyone from on this forum and those that havent found their way onto the forums!
The friendliest bunch of people I have met!!
And to all of you who travelled so far and kept your cars looking so mint what an effort!
Im looking forward to seeing you all at the next nats!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
A BIG thanks to all who organised this years Nats, Awesome Job Guys!! :D
Was A fantastic weekend!
Was so good to catch up with everyone and put some faces to names!
And I agree with Mr Fibb, the Friendliest bunch of people you will find ANYWHERE!!
The effort put in by everyone and the sheer distance a lot had to travel was incredible!
Have already started planning for Tassie! :D
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone! It made this Nats so Awesome

Josh

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Not much to add as it has all been said.................. STELLA week end thanks every one .... Tassi or Bust, :shock: another road trip :shock:
Cheers and thanks Christine and Geoff.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:32 am

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
I would also like to thank Dave for putting out his cars for visitors to use and really feel part of this wonderful weekend, well done and much appreciated

Tassie here we come

Regards
Flying

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 am

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Many thanks to Dave and his merry band of helpers from us also
Had to wash and chamois the old girl again this morning before putting her away again with her blankets and covers (more rain on the return trip) Safe driving to those that are still traveling, and we look forward to seeing everyone again in Tassie if not before. Cheers Steve and Peg.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
i too would like to congratulate dave and his merry men for a wonderful weekend ...I am enthused again and even went and sat in my teardrop today and thought ....its time ......thanks also for the drive of your cherished car myself and flying were rapped thanks mate ..it was appreciated . ...onwards to Tassie cheers davo

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:43 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Congrats also from me.

(edited)
I didn't get to attend some of the other functions due to family commitments, but was very lucky to break a long losing streak, to win this magnificent picture on canvas. My 1st Bellett was a 65 teardrop that I rescued from a wrecking yard way back in the early 80's and fitted a near new Gemini 1600 and 5 speed so it brings back many memories.
...... i just noticed, the 'new' one is LHD drive !

Attachments:
Show-and-Shine_Raffle.jpg
Show-and-Shine_Raffle.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 30514 times ]

Last edited by Glenn on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:45 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Massive thank you from Donkey and myself, we had a ball.
Another sensational nationals almost over (it don't stop till the road trip ends..... lets hope it never does 8-) )
You boys are seriously crazy cats and I can not wait to be hangin' out with you all again soon talkin' Bellett till the candles burn out & cruising the country side till fuel runs dry.

Thanks for honor guard roll out & send off boys, that was pretty special

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Hey Glenn,
Don't mean to be the party pooper but that's a print on canvas of a brochure, not an airbrushing. If it was airbrushing I'd be a millionaire. It's still a very good quality print so look after it. It can be wiped with a damp cloth when it gets dusty, has a water resistant coating on it.

Regards,
Craig

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
claws wrote:
Hey Glenn,
Don't mean to be the party pooper but that's a print on canvas of a brochure, not an airbrushing. If it was airbrushing I'd be a millionaire. It's still a very good quality print so look after it. It can be wiped with a damp cloth when it gets dusty, has a water resistant coating on it.

Regards,
Craig

Craig, will edit my post i thought i heard it was airbrushed....... ( i was down the back of the crowd) and many thanks also to you.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:42 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
yea claws what a bloody great job on all the bits and pieces you did reckon you could ebay a lot of that stuff who knows it might catch some new members as well ...great stuff mate ......davo

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
i have just managed to sit down after the weekend and a quick trip up to Port Vincent to get some stuff done on our shack.
Can only agree with everyone's comments. It was a super awesome blast of a weekend and i am suitably stuffed !
you guys who are travelling are quite amazing.....
have a great trip home and drive like the bastards are watching your every move.

OZ

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
oz_toffa wrote:
have a great trip home and drive like the bastards are watching your every move.

OZ

We do..... flat out and sideways (makes for a better photo ;) )

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Dave and the team at the Adelaide Nationals. Take a bow. Excellent job. Well done.
I enjoyed myself immensly. I try not to compare all Nationals that I go to as each 1 not only
has different organizers and venues but also different attendees. The camerardory was outstanding.
I always come away with more information. News. That feeling that is there when have to go home and
you really don't want to. But. The trip home with good friends tops the cake.
You can stop taking your anxiety pills now Dave. Rest assured. You and your team and your parteners
can now relaxe and talk Bellett's and the next National get together.

Dave.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
I can only add my and Gary's ditto to all the positive comments. Though it was a 'push on' trip over and back, our time there was just outstanding.
:arrow: Brilliant Nationals lunch venue, with the non-Bellett-owning judge so we could all enjoy our time. Perfect. :D
:arrow: Featured marque status & assembly right at the 'start' gate. 8-) I felt like a V.I.P. And the run with Rhys really getting into the spirit waving to the onlookers, a great Dad-Son time. :D :D
:arrow: Florians 3 abreast into the tunnel - How good is it?? And a four-Florian-flurry? Maaaaate!
:arrow: Nice casual cruise through the hills to Goolwa to check some rare vehicles, some I'd never seen before.
:arrow: A highlight: Monday night with hardcore enthusiasts into the brochures and trying to nut-out model changes and variations and the 'whys' from pictures in Japanese language ones. That was 8-)
:arrow: The best part? That would be the people. Thank you all.

We to (all the family this time) will see you in Tassie.
If you've never been to a Nats, its time to start! I reckon it will be huge! Rod said the car fare over was only $80, so not an impediment.
Be there or .......miss out. :(

FAN----TASTIC!!

Thanks and cheers,
Matt.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Heya guys,

Thanks so much for all the well-wishes and positivity; it was certainly all worth it!

Sorry I've been a bit quiet here on the forum since the Nats came and went; I've just been THAT busy!

SERIOUSLY!

Although this event had been, in essence, in the planning for four years (ie since the last Adelaide Nats in 2009), there were several factors that complicated things...

1) since the event was confirmed, my wife got pregnant and had a son who was born two years ago effective of 29 September, so we not only had him to wrangle, but it was his birthday in the middle of it, too!

2) since the event was confirmed, we had no less than three Nats since with each one raising the bar higher and higher. The job isn't to out-do the last event, but when people like Gary and Monnica put on such a smashing event in 2012, it's hard not to compare... and be nervous

3) in the week prior to the Nats, I was told we'd have a team leader conference; this not only knocked out a couple of evenings we'd set aside to do last minute stuff, it bloody knocked out a couple of days where I was supposed to be doing work-work, not conference-work! I had a presentation to do and although it was a team effort, I volunteered to do the Powerpoint Presentation... and spent my entire weekend before the Nats doing it!

4) I've been lucky enough to score a gig doing a couple of articles for a large, well known car magazine... and of course I had an article due a few days after the Nats finished... It's done now, but it's one of the reasons I haven't been back here quickly!

Anyway, my plan tonite is to put up the pics I took. I didn't think I took that many, but apparently I did.

Oh yeah, there were a couple of clusterf*cks you didn't notice... when I went to the butcher and said, "You got an order for Dave?"
"Nah mate"
"Sarah?"
"Nah mate"
"Bellett Nationals?"
"Nah mate"
"You sure? My wife put an order in the other day, for today"
"You Electra-lock Packaging?"
"No!"
"Well then I've got nothing"

.... argh... So I rang my wife... with literally, and I mean this, 1% battery power on the phone (or maybe I borrowed Bruno's I can't remember) and she said, "Yeah, I spoke to John and said I want the same stuff that Shannons has" (we use the same butcher for our BBQs at work; that's why I knew they were good).

So I go back there... "You got a John here?"
"Yeah, me"
"Well my wife spoke to you and put an order in, so we've got a problem"
"I've got an order here for Shannons"

ARGH. OK so they got their wires crossed there, but at least our bloody meat was there!

Ross had problems too; some of you may remember the awesome aerial pics we took using a GO-PRO and a remote-controlled drone helicopter back in April at the same winery (there were Mustangs)? Yeah well that was supposed to happen, but magically, ALL THREE of Ross' batteries died in the arse...

Speaking of GO-PROS, there was another little one, but it wouldn't have affected you guys. I borrowed a GO-PRO from a guy at work. He told me how to work it; they're pretty simple as they only have two buttons.

The mount he had was fairly basic and I couldn't put it on the rear window of the Wasp at the angle it allowed, so George aka "Flying" was good enough to hold the camera for 20 mins or so to get some footage... but all the bloody camera did was take a photo, then do nothing else! Sorry George!

Anyway, it's my plan to put some pics up now, in a different post...

Thanks again; I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves and I'd like to say... hacking down Cross Road to see the Queenslanders off was all worth it when Greg and Liz came flying up behind me and we gassed it thru the tunnel... then blasted either side of that numpty in the Honda CRV. It was music to my ears!

Here's a pic:

Attachment:
08 - South Eastern Freeway - Greg and Liz - Bellett GT - edit.JPG
08 - South Eastern Freeway - Greg and Liz - Bellett GT - edit.JPG [ 141.35 KiB | Viewed 30216 times ]

Looking forward to seeing you all next year! Thanks again!

Oh PS - if you're awaiting apparel, we are convening tomorrow night to see what we need to post and who we need to harass for postage; apologies for the delay; see previous parts of post if you would like to read some lame excuses.

Cheers,

Dave and on behalf of the rest of the guys

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): not enough!
cONGRATULATIONS dAVE AND cREW
You did a marvellous job!!!!!!!!!
and we weren't even there....sadly :( :(

We must say yes its a big job putting on the Nationals....but very rewarding! :mrgreen:

loving all the photos also...thanks everyone :) ;) :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Yeah Dave, Blue beastie was not far behind, sounded and looked @#^%& AWSOME from where i was sitting ;) ;)

And thanks to all for the support and feedback, you guys make it happen.

Great camio of the weekend Dave, and truely fascinating your gravitation to the good stuff, while some of us were stumbling around the B2B paddock in an "auto daze" :geek:

Ol' Yella is SOOO cool, but I've got to know that face when the tinted window goes down :lol: It's more like "Are you for real ??" And the eyes, those EYES, excitement like a pair of steel cutting oxy acetelenes... 8-)

So greatfull to be part of the team and experience, stuff which stays with us forever

B.B.B.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]