View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
2014 Nationals 

Car(s): BELLETT SEDANS X 3
Brett as you know as a CO-FOUNDER of the Nationals it is a Invited only event as per normal, so no actual information will be posted on Bellett.net. I do not get on this forum every day,so it may take a few days maybe to answer questions.
2014 Nationals are Thursday 16th to Sunday 20th October, Attendees can arrive and depart whenever they wish to; just to clarify that I personally shall sail on Wednesday night the 15th to arrive in Devonport earl on Thursday 16th and get straight into the event.
If any member of this Forum or otherwise has a question regarding the 2014 Nationals please call me on the phone (AH) or send me a PM and I shall get back to you ( maybe not the same day)
Cheers Steve and Peg.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 am

Car(s): 1968 bellett sedan original, 1967 GT Bellett restored, Wasp ute unrestored,1968 Bellett deluxe unrestored plus parts car
Perhaps everyone should cool it .Would expect most nominations will only arrive a couple of weeks before closing date,and that is nearly 10months away. Give steve & peg a break.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
ditto ...reckon it would and will be a big enough task ...and anyway lyndsay nice hearing from you hows life going and what are you up these days what are you up to in restore work cheers davo give us an update

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 am

thank u for your response to my question CO FOUNDER. read and understood, and looking forward to further info as it becomes available.
firstly my apologies with the 'founder' part of an earlier post. should have read 'a founder' and not 'the founder'. was an honest typo that has been duly corrected.

secondly, of course everyone is entitled to an opinion on what has or hasn't been going on, and i respect others opinions on what's what with all matters, especially those involving our beloved cars and the event we're all obviously passionate about, therefore i ask the same respect for my opinions also as this event is very close to my heart because the event itself and the success of it for all in the Bellett family is my foremost wish no matter where it is, when it is or who has the sometimes unenviable task of organising and running the event that few of us know all too well.

finally, i will admit tho that alot of this discussion originated long before any of this was raised on bellett.net and was brought to me by others that have had concerns and feelings about future nationals, and added what they also felt should be done, especially by they themselves, before i was made aware of any such issues... to which some issues i agreed with and some i also disagreed with as well as agreeing on some ideas put forward and some i strongly disagree with too, but it seems that they have since fallen silent on those very same things while i am the only one who will voice those concerns, which i certainly don't do to cause further issues over, but only to make sure these original concerns can be dealt with before they become bigger than they really need to be so the Nats experience can evolve and improve for all.

cheers.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Seems to me that previous Nats have bee a success because the organizers were left alone to do there thing . I for one would hate to see what we all love get destroyed because of politics. Because were not a club is the reason it all works .Steve and peg do your thing and we will all enjoy it with you .. Gricey

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
gricey wrote:
Seems to me that previous Nats have bee a success because the organizers were left alone to do there thing . I for one would hate to see what we all love get destroyed because of politics. Because were not a club is the reason it all works .Steve and peg do your thing and we will all enjoy it with you .. Gricey

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Howdy,
I don't wanna be a pain, but my calendar shows Sunday as the 19th, so I'm reckoning we are looking at Thurs 16th, Fri 17th, Sat 18th and Sun 19th. Anyhoo, we're in, and will se yez there.

Just a little observation, I reckon this will be the biggest Nats we've had, as many who didn't make it to Adelaide were "saving for Tassie".
I was speaking to a non-forum mate a couple of weeks ago, and he said he and his lady will be there, at their first Nats! Woo-Hoo, new (friendly) faces!
(Hint: They have a Florian!)

I have just one dilemma: Doris has been to 3 Nats, and so has Aunty Mary, so who to take?
Maybe a bloke should remove the digit and get one of these other patient vehicles mobile? Hmmmm....

Cheers, Matt.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:41 am

hi matt nice to hear from you again what about bringing the t top wasp now theres a challenge or .....your gt cheers davo ...keep postin

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:43 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
A challenge? You got that right! I'm just missing one thing - a working magic wand!
But ya never know.....

Cheers mate.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

Geez I leave the forum for a couple of weeks (I was busy; busy at work, busy with kid, busy going to Sydney and failing to have a decent holiday <long story> and busy experiencing post-Nationals post-traumatic-stress-disorder!) and all Hell breaks loose!!!!

The Nationals are great are two reasons; one of them is good organisation, which is getting harder and harder as the event seems to expand in numbers and expanse every year. That's great, but it also puts extra pressures on the organisers; no longer can the event be organised by one person, it's gotta be a team!

But the MAIN THING that makes the Nats great, is the people. We're all cool people with cool cars and we all like each others cars and we have a common thread of interest, so we'll have no shortage of bullshizm and tall tales to spin!

Now not to put the mockers (is that a word?) on Steve and Peg (and Rod), but if something doesn't go to plan either through oversight or just plain old bad luck (anyone remember the weather in Adelaide in 2009? I almost cried), it's still gonna be a great event, whatever happens.

We'll be in the most beautiful state of Australia with the most beautiful roads! How bad can it get?

Sure, there have been hiccups in the past; the 2012 event ran out of BBQ before we arrived at the venue, so we had to get a pizza. We paid for BBQ, but I wasn't going to have a song and dance about it; the guys weren't to know we would be so late and that it would run out and let's face it, when you're on a tight budget you don't want to overcater. In 2013, there was one single sausage left; I'd like to say that was by design, but it was dumb luck pure and simple! Bruno and I shared it...

Then there was the Coona Nats... Carol kept mentioning 'the Calcutta'. We literally had no idea what she was talking about, but it didn't sound very Bellett-related and the roads looked beautiful, so some of us SA boys and Gav took off to find the fabled Wasp we'd heard about sitting in a carport somewhere. We found it and had a lot of fun in the process. Turns out the Calcutta was yabbie racing, so I'm glad we went careening across the wilderness looking for a lost unicorn like a scene from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, even if everyone else had a great time watching yabbies. When people ask me what's going on, I now say, "I don't know, I'm just hear for the yabbie racing". I'm hoping it'll take off as a catchy saying.

So no event will be perfect; I'm sure if I asked (and I haven't, and I don't want to), there was something that didn't add up for some people at the 2013 Adelaide Nats, but on the whole if if 90% goes OK and importantly most everyone has a tonne of fun then we'll all be fine.

I'm keen to hit Tassie again; I did it 10 years ago for our honeymoon in my Gemini van; it was ace and I'm more than keen to do it in Isuzu power again!

Then roll on 2015 way up norf!

We've got some dates now... start booking some leave!

BELLETT69 wrote:
....Invited only event as per normal, so no actual information will be posted on Bellett.net. I do not get on this forum every day,so it may take a few days maybe to answer questions

Steve, while my Invites went out via email and mail in some cases (old people), we did use the forum to keep people informed of the event and what was happening. Using the forum may have also generated some interest with people contacting us to request they be invited, but as you know as long as you vet them as OK, then it's all good.

I just realised I have a big contact list that is absolutely crucial for organisers, so I will email it off; what's the best email? PM me if you don't want to put it here.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
What he said...

The Nats are always a good event and next year it is a great state and you're all a great bunch of people (or you wouldn't be invited ;)). The team of organisers will do a great job and as always there will be hiccups but that is part of organising an event. These things happen. Hey, in Adelaide this year my bonnet was shut somehow for judging, yeah I got annoyed but it was a small bleamish on my experience and once again these things happen.

Lets book our leave, get our cars sorted (or finished or even started for some peoples projects) and bring on Tassie in 2014.

And remember, "Don't ask us, we're just here for the yabbie races".

Cheers!

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Do the yabbies in tassie have two heads . :lol: gricey

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Don't you start! The yabbies in Albury-Wondonga don't know if they have to get registered in NSW or Victoria!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B 8-)

Attachments:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 5.24 KiB | Viewed 22707 times ]
Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:09 pm

mmmmm eating up large before tomorrows drive ....great spot griceys place ..yabees ...and beauties

Attachments:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 257.71 KiB | Viewed 22695 times ]
Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:12 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Crikey Davo :shock: , Those monster Yabeeees too slow for racing, better for eating ;)

B.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:35 am

gricey pulled these out of the river just down from his place in albury ....think they might be on steroids ......

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:41 am

Ok . It's now official . 2016 Nats will be held in albury. No I don't have the date. Gricey.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:46 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
A sister of these is in training for Tasmania
KB

Attachments:
Yabbies  Lunch 25305  small.jpg
Yabbies Lunch 25305 small.jpg [ 96.5 KiB | Viewed 22625 times ]

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am

Does this mean 2015 will be in qeensland would be. Good my car. Will go that far or is.it all ready organized cheers davo

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next