View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Smith & Randall road trip. 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
:D Here we goooo!!
Attachment:
20140922_101101.jpg
20140922_101101.jpg [ 295.76 KiB | Viewed 34677 times ]

Dropped the cat off at the minders and hit the track. Very excitement!

Tonight we are enjoying the most excellent hospitality at Cheryl & Gricey's. And the use of their Wi fi. Wonderful people, amazing shed! We are very grateful.

There will be updates when possible, but so far Doris is on song. Happy happy happy!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Keep it safe, and you will love Tassie, weather here at present is beautiful.... looking forward to catching up. We fly home on Wednesday and back here following Tuesday.

Cheers Geoff

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:58 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Safe journey!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
That it , never having farmer at my place ever again , the BBQ never survived , :lol: gricey

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
That's right burnt the lot to the ground , at least he knows how to use a fire extinguisher., gricey

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Gricey, I've done that to a mates BBQ before. The thing just got too hot... and whoooshka...burnt to the ground :oops:

Just timely on the eve of everyone heading to Tassie, on behalf of all the SA guys who can't make it, we wish you all a safe and enjoyable trip. Lots of pics of the people (and cars of course) please.

It's one of those miracles of existance, ye die hard Bellett faithfulls who will travel to the end of the world to be together. You are all truly inspirational..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
great barbie farmer ....cooked everything nearly the house (joking) mate have a safe drive to tassie cheers davo

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Travel safe Matt and family, as well as all of you who can make the trip. 8-)
Have a great BELLETTING TIME, and PLEASE keep the posts coming!!! :)
All the best to all of you in Tassie, from ICCA! :D

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:25 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
This is a bit random, needing wifi access.
The barbie wasn't that bad! Ok, there was smoke.......and flames.......and lots more smoke........but the food survived! And was great!
It seems kitty litter holds LOTS of fat, and if it catches.......BE WARNED!
Many thanks to Cheryl and Gricey for the great welcome and hospitality. And the shed tour... :o :shock: ....... :mrgreen:

Great boat trip over, 1.5m swell only, so a gentle rock and comforting thrum from the donks. Slept the best sleep!

I was going to load some pictires, but this dopey tablet has had an "update", so nothing works properly. Why cant they leave stuff alone??

I'll try later. Trip is faaaaaaaan tastic so far!
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hey Matt

It sounds like you've landed. Welcome to Tassie, watch out for the peak hour!!

If you're heading to Hobart give me a call. I'll PM my phone number to you.

We also have a BBQ so you will feel at home!!!

YP

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks YP, we are in Seven Mile Beach tonight, and the next two. I'll give you a call.
Finally have wifi access!
We have had great weather so far, just one showery afternoon which didn't worry us. Warmer than home, but a bit breezey. We've seen some amazing scenery already, had great hospitality, sampled distinctively delicious beers and ciders, and fruit drinks, some nice Pinot today, cheeses, and seafood!! Heaps of seafood! The scollops and mussels and oysters and fish and salmon and scollop pies! Fresh and great value. Foodies paradise!
Very grateful to Asroc66.
Impressed by Weldborough Hotel, who gave us discounted rooms when we backtracked because the Pyengana Pub was closed.
Cheap and plenty seafood at Scamander.
Amazing 2 nights for the price of one at Bicheno.(last two nights)
Found Penguins without doing a tour!
Tomorrow, going Mariah Island to do some serious walking.

And hey, found a former Bellett owner the first day here and got onto some parts! How good is that??

Still unable to load pics :x , but you can see some on my instagram feed. @ryeparkbellettbloke.

Cheers, Matt.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Up date . Framer and family are always welcome at our place we thoroughly enjoyed their company . Next the potter family are due on the 9 th . Followd by all the gang from qld . Due on Bathurst Sunday and staying untill we all leave for tas . Safe trip guys hope to have a new b b q by then . Should have the big screen TV set up in the man cave to day . Gricey

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gricey wrote:
Up date . Framer and family are always welcome at our place we thoroughly enjoyed their company . Next the potter family are due on the 9 th . Followd by all the gang from qld . Due on Bathurst Sunday and staying untill we all leave for tas . Safe trip guys hope to have a new b b q by then . Should have the big screen TV set up in the man cave to day . Gricey

you should build a few Motel units in the yard, Gricey !

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
gricys ....holding his own bellett nats :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 am

Woo hoo, Wifi!

So many highlights since the last update. Walk to Wineglass bay on Fraycinet peninsula, AMAZING!
From Port Arthur, the Yellow boat. Tasman Island adventure tour. Running a 3 metre swell, with a strong wind chop,we sat up the front of the boat, cause thats where the action is!! That is a wild trip. Seriously, if you come to Tassie and do nothing else (but the nationals), then do this. It is not describable!

Had a wonderful visit Mr and Mrs Yellowperil (and the barbie didn't catch fire!), great conversations, dinners, and hospitality. They are truly great people, so inviting and involving.
Once this trip is over I reckon its the people I'll remember most.

Down the deep south the last couple of days, to the southmost drivable point, caves, warm springs, walking in the treetops, hanglider zipline (more exhillarating than you'd think), and today crossed the state to Strahan. Tasted the water of lake St Clair and the Franklin River. They's got some big ole trees and hills down here!

We're loving it!
"
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:39 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
ain't Tassie a beautiful place indeed Matt.
A Place where memories are forged, and none better forged then those with family at your side.
I love Tassie but the one thing I missed most when I was last there was having family or friends to share the experiences with.... Not a good place to go solo

REMEMBER.... if you pass through New Norfolk, stop in at 'The Cake Lady Shop'

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): not enough!
FANTASTICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hey glen . Don't worry I intend to send a bill out . Gricey :lol:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Just leaving Strahan, may not have wifi for a few days as were going through Corinna. They have no mobile, or TV signal. Wilderness!!
Sticky, read that message the day AFTER going through New Norfolk! But cakes we have found aplenty!
Thanks for the well wishes,
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Try as I may, this "updated" galaxy thingy can't post pics anymore. If anyone knows what to do I would love to know please.

So plans can change. The Corinna barge is out of action for repairs, so we couldnt go the wilderness way. So we had a great look in the museum in Zeehan. Lots of interesting stuff, including a one of a kind in Aus car. A Datsun 120A hatch from 1975. 120A? Yep, a bulged out round backed coupe with front wheel drive! I wish I could load the pic. And there was a 1969 Lotus Europa and a straight 8 McLaren M8 MKIA from 1952.

After the best value all-day-breakfast we've found for lunch, we had a 3 1/2 hour walk to see a huge waterfall, then ended up in Waratah, the coldest and wettest town in Tas. It rained all night, and was 3 degrees. This morning as we came over Cradle Valley there was a great covering of snow on the mount.

After a day at Tasmazia, we're tucked in watching Top Gear on a screen about a metre wide, in a big squashy chair. Good TV room!

Just 2 more days before the Bellettin' starts! Woo-hooo!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next