View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
2015 Qld Nats road trip. 

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Just got home from tas . If if the Nats continues like this I think I will stay home . Just prior to winter I was 79 kg . On leaving for tas I was 85 kg . You guest it on arrival home 89 .5 kg . My poor old body carnt handle any more . As for tassie nice ice cream . Gricey.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:24 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
gricey wrote:
Just got home from tas . If if the Nats continues like this I think I will stay home . Just prior to winter I was 79 kg . On leaving for tas I was 85 kg . You guest it on arrival home 89 .5 kg . My poor old body carnt handle any more . As for tassie nice ice cream . Gricey.

Nice Icecream, nice chocolate, cheese, seafood, cider, honey, scollop pies........... I've put on.....well, nothing. But I should have!
Glad you're home all safe. What a great trip, hey?
Was for us, and the people were the best part. Thanks fkr the hospitality,
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 am

Putting on nothing :roll: That's nasty, We had to do a rear guard modification as the wheel was rubbing must be the stuff we picked up along the way :?:

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Don't tell me on top of all that fine Tassie food you guzzled your 1939 Para Port I left in the fridge for when you arrived home :o

Anyway.. Thanks so much Cheryl and Gricey for your hospitality, food, Wine and laughter whilst I was passing through Albury...we all had a ball :D

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 407.23 KiB | Viewed 28756 times ]
Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
GREAT catching up with Dave from Gladstone on his way home from the Tassie Nationals! :D
Called in through Mudgee on his way home, I will catch up with Dave next time I am in or near Gladstone! ;)

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
We are at Gundagai having lunch, Left Tassie last night after 4 Months, Great place had a wonderful holiday that included the Nats and a good time with good friends, See you all next year.

Christine and Geoff

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:29 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Travelling via Mudgee Geoff and Christine??

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:01 am

N o Dave almost home

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
I'm home safe. Arrived last Friday night. Approximately 5800 k's. No odometer. Had to rely on distances on maps and a possible average of 7 km's to litre. Especially Tassie. 522.09 litres fuel. Thats close to filling tank 13 times.
Had a good time. Enjoyed every minute. The only part in the trip that put the "mocker" on it was when I hit the Roo
a half hour out from Dalby. :( Quiet annoying and frustrating. :x But. I got over it. After a good inspection there really wasn't much damage. Remove LH headlight, grille and bumper. Have got a rubber mallet that should make a good impression on the front panels and bumper. :lol: :lol:
I enjoyed everyones company. I hope every got home safe.
Toowoomba. Where's that.?????. About 7 hours from home. Not 7 days. Started planning. 2 cars.?. Depends on family.
Stacks of work to be done on convertible. The list is long... And a shorter length of time to get ready. 10 months?.

Dave.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Dave . Is the roo ok . :lol: thanks for your company in tas. See you in toowoomba . Gricey

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm

We are also home, choosdy lunch time, 4 Months plus a couple of days. Loved Tasmania and home to drought and heat. Thanks to everyone had a ball.

Geoff and Christine.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Geoff. Many thanks to you and Christine for all your patience leading us around and showing all the top places to see . Gricey.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Right you lot...... Let's get serious.
Who's in for the road trip?

It's just over 5 months away, and while that sounds like a while off, remember it's already been near on 6 months since the Tas Nats, so it's well and truly time to get motivated and commit.
Looks like I'll have at least 1 car in the trip, probably 2 if things go smoothly, and there's a fair bit of interest about all the way south of Toowoomba for the event and the trip, so get on board and really make it worthwhile.

At this stage, I'm thinking a 2 week round trip, but that's just an idea at this stage.
Leave Melbourne on Monday or Tuesday, get into Toowoomba on Thursday, Nats is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, hopefully Monday will pan out with something else, then set off again Tuesday to get back to Melbourne about Thursday.
That makes it any easy 3 day trip there, 4 days in Qld, and 3 days back. We can expand that to more days on the road (4 up, 4 back) or a couple more in Qld if we want, but at this stage I'm just thinking out loud for us all to discuss.

So...... Who's in?
Oh, and there may just be more incentive than just th trip itself if you join in too...... ;) ;)

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:12 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Sound just ideal to me. Deciding on the route will depend on how much weaving you all want to do, so you can either come through here and collect us, or we could meet up and continue with you. We are about a third of the way, so could be a stopover point. You could go through Cann River and on to Gary bembelblokes, then up through the Monaro to here. Then there are choices of ways from here depending if you want hills or flats, curves or straights, and of course how many other 'dots' to pass through.
Time to get the maps out!
Cheers, Matt. :D

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm

At this time I am in Brett, would like get a car trailer and maybe meet you somewhere enroute!
I am definitely going have booked my accom and paid for my clothes. :D
Anyone having trouble banking the entry and food money into the quoted bank account at ANZ? ;)
The Mudgee branch is telling me I can only bank through the Internet into that account number, no good for me I do not use Internet Banking. :(
PM me please if you know another trick??? :lol:
Dave.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 am

Going thru Albury for an early lunch on day 1, if u follow......
Then up your way Matt.
Still a while off, but haven't had much interest at all (other than Matt and Dave), and I refuse to chase people because I'm not a baby sitter..... Disappointing TBH..... But will be their loss on missing another Nats as most round here have never been.
I won't miss out tho.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 am

Give it time mate, early days yet.
I know some look at spacebook more than on here now, but I dont go there, too much 'stuff'. :roll:

Whatever works, we will be in it.
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 pm

1968GT wrote:
At this time I am in Brett, would like get a car trailer and maybe meet you somewhere enroute!
Anyone having trouble banking the entry and food money into the quoted bank account at ANZ? ;)
The Mudgee branch is telling me I can only bank through the Internet into that account number, no good for me I do not use Internet Banking. :(
Dave.

Just re-read this. Dave mate, whats with the trailer?? Is you car not running too well? You have plenty of time to fix it.
OR is it the comfort thing? GTs are pretty low.
:idea: I know! What about trading the GT in on a nice, roomy, comfy, tall Florian??
I know a young spry bloke who might be able to help in this way. Call me. ;)

Cheerz, Matt.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Farmer wrote:
1968GT wrote:
Dave.

Just re-read this. Dave mate, whats with the trailer?? Is you car not running too well? You have plenty of time to fix it.
OR is it the comfort thing? GTs are pretty low.
:idea: I know! What about trading the GT in on a nice, roomy, comfy, tall Florian??
I know a young spry bloke who might be able to help in this way. Call me. ;)

Cheerz, Matt.

Hey David, watch your punctuation, you will give rise to all sorts of speculation. Tracy

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Serious now folks.....
WHO IS IN?

Now is the time to commit. Entry to the Nats.closes this month, so.... Again....
WHO IS IN?

I'm not chasing people and holding their hands. If you want to come on an a real adventure to and from Vic to Qld and everywhere in between with your Bellett mates, then it's up to you to let me know and jump on board.
If you don't, that's your loss.

I'm going coming hell or high water, whether I'm on my own or in a convoy of 20, and as I know some others won't miss a Nats too, let's see everyone be a real enthusiast and get to Qld in September.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next