View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
2015 Nationals photos! 

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
:D ...thaks matt great pics :D

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 am

GTtoo wrote:
Ohhh WOW!! What a turn out of GT(R)'s. Thanks Matt, have been waiting in anticipation of these. With such selection, there would have been a fine line in the judging. Blue Beastie would have appeared a bit shabby in the company of THAT line up :P :oops: :P

Got enthused in this hot weather SA has thrown up since getting back. Dropped the water and flushed radiator/head on Bluie. It's been two years and need to prep it for a hot summer. Surprisingly clean inhibitor and your usual bit of brown crud :o :shock: Also found a spring manufacutrer I will visit tomorrow for two new throttle linkage return springs and a correct compression spring on the main linkage ;) :twisted:

Rest up Matt, won't be long you'll be dancin' again :D

Cheers, B.

We did not do the Judging but the guys that did asked as we were leaving to let the gt's go last as they needed a little longer. The judging was done by the owner of the barn and friends.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:32 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
gt orphanage wrote:
GTtoo wrote:
Ohhh WOW!! What a turn out of GT(R)'s. Thanks Matt, have been waiting in anticipation of these. With such selection, there would have been a fine line in the judging. Blue Beastie would have appeared a bit shabby in the company of THAT line up :P :oops: :P

Got enthused in this hot weather SA has thrown up since getting back. Dropped the water and flushed radiator/head on Bluie. It's been two years and need to prep it for a hot summer. Surprisingly clean inhibitor and your usual bit of brown crud :o :shock: Also found a spring manufacutrer I will visit tomorrow for two new throttle linkage return springs and a correct compression spring on the main linkage ;) :twisted:

Rest up Matt, won't be long you'll be dancin' again :D .

Cheers, B.

We did not do the Judging but the guys that did asked as we were leaving to let the gt's go last as they needed a little longer. The judging was done by the owner of the barn and friends.

Yep, not at all B. Blue beastie would have been right in there. This years judging took a different tack with Scotty making the selections. It appears to me that he took the displays into account if you look at the honour roll thread. I was very surprised to receive the Best other Isuzu award for Aunty Mary. She wasn't the cleanest as I'd spent my cleaning time doing running repairs. Perhaps he liked the story board and boot display, so thanks to Rhys for sorting that for me.

Back is much better today, thanks mate.
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:43 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I rang and questioned Scotty about the judging as I still cannot fathom Donkey getting 'Runner up sedan'
He said that he judged it a bit like a peoples choice but also took into consideration the presentation/display but more importantly the cars usage, as he said "cars are built to be driven"

But I asked again "why Donkey?" and he said that having a car took like mine and have it look "natural" sometimes takes as much if not more effort to maintain then it does a show car.
Also he asked a few others if I gutted the car just for the show and was told that's how Donkey always is, plus some of the stories from others there of how I often use it for work midweek fully loaded with tools and gear then drive it like a thrashing machine on the weekends.
He said it is a car he would be proud to own himself.
I am absolutely chuffed with Donkey being chosen as I LOVE my car but I personally would have judged differently as I feel there were far more deserving sedans.
Still pinching myself.....

No doubt he felt the similar about your car Matt (without the crusty paint, gutted interior, overloading with work tools and weekend thrashing of course) well presented, driven and LOVED by it's family.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Thanks Sticky, nice of you.

NSW is having a trial of the permit system for 2 years. There is no extra cost and no extra inspection requirement, simply a log book that allows 60 days per year of general use on top of club runs for club registered cars. This is a great idea I believe, as more regular usage helps keep things in good order. My broken flange, broken alternator adjustment arm (!) failed master cylinder and now failing tailshaft uni may have all surfaced closer to home where fixing would be simpler. And I just like driving old Isuzus, but can't afford to have them on full rego.

Drive them as often as you can, they love it!
Cheers, Matt.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Stickman - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder mate.

Cheers,
Neil

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

Looking through my photos and reminiscing. I thought I'd better share some.
Its nice coming out of your room in the morning and seeing this scene. :D
Attachment:
20150927_070248.jpg
20150927_070248.jpg [ 246.72 KiB | Viewed 11245 times ]

It make me go looking for more angles...
Attachment:
20150927_070046.jpg
20150927_070046.jpg [ 244.03 KiB | Viewed 11245 times ]

And I can't stop looking at this little beauty. So rare. So different to the big tailight model. So original! I will find a flatgrille one day...
Attachment:
20150927_072846.jpg
20150927_072846.jpg [ 254.2 KiB | Viewed 11245 times ]

And friends enjoying their day out.
Attachment:
20150927_122507.jpg
20150927_122507.jpg [ 779.1 KiB | Viewed 11245 times ]

Such a great week.
8-) Matt.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Great photo's Matt

thanks for sharing

OZ

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2