View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Hi Rob. I did once look at that engine but it too suffers from the oil pump area sticking out into the engine mount area in a Bellett if i recall corectly. As does the pump/filter area of the Piazza turbo engine. For the Piazza engine i did a course at a TAFE casting class and cast up a right angle adapter to turn it upwards.
At that same class i also cast some GT 1600 badges for fun in aluminium and also bronze.
For a 1500 or GT oil filter i made an adapter which used some early Corola parts to adapt a spin on oil filter. Still have those parts. I will find them and take a picture.

For the record, I had 3 GT's over the years. The 'bitza' white DOHC, the resto grey GT now in Dave's hands in Sydney and a white GT which has passed through a couple of hands since. That car, by the way came from New Guinea by the way and the boot was full of new spare parts when i found it! The car had been sitting in a shed for many years with the lady owner paying the rego each year but it was never driven. All the new parts went on to the grey GT. Ball joints, tie rod ends, all the front end and rack rubbers etc etc. A real find !

Glenn

Sat May 21, 2011 10:42 am
Profile WWW

oh thats right glenn, i forgot about the 3rd GT!
it went to user "65bellett"s father for a while, and is now in the hands of "bellett66".
and "dave" bought his ex "glenn" GT from user "gunna".....

so there u go.... the bellett family is alive and well, and all this passing around of glenn's GT's were in the pre-forum days, but all the owners have still found their ways here.
i reckon that's fantastic, as it has brought the history's of these cars together!

cheers.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2