View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Welcome other classic Japanese makes 

it's great to see the way our classic Japanese car world has the community feel that other corners of the car scene sadly lack (ie: the Ford vs Holden mentality and how many events have been effected by the BS that follows between the 2....), and how we all stick together and support each other's events and activites.
the CJCC in Brisbane is a perfect example of this, and after the recent (Nov 20, 2011) TCCA run "Classic Japanese Day" in Melbourne, it seems this is a trend that will continue for us all.
anyway, as a result of the Melbourne event, I'd like to welcome "Prince_Skyline" (Justin) from the Prince Skyline GT Register and "Silverra23" (Adam) from the Toyota Car Club of Australia to bellett.net, and i know all of us owners and admirers of classic Jap tin will enjoy a combined future that's now very bright indeed with combined efforts!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
Thanks for the welcome Brett - although it is Jason, not Justin! ;)

It was great talking to you on Sunday, and as discussed i have previously been in contact with several of the Bellett owners over the years including Dave Carey, Kerry Bruty and more recently Ross Smith. For those of you who don't know 2 of these mentioned are also Prince owners.

As this is an intro section for other make owners.... i had better provide some info on myself:

I have been a Prince enthusiast/collector for many years now. Like Brett, i was infected with the interest in our preferred make of car by my father. I currently own 5 Prince Skyline GT's, a 1963 Prince Skyline S21D4 and a 1970 KGC10 Nissan Skyline (Hakosuka - but unfortunately not the GT-R). I drive a Nissan Stagea NM35 Turbo on a daily basis. I am heavily involved in the running of the Prince Skyline GT Register on a day to day basis and maintain our database of known Prince cars etc. etc

I have managed to collect vast amounts of paraphanelia/memorabilia in relation to Prince (an addiction that unfortunately does not stop). I try to go to Japan as often as i can, and have just recently (4 weeks ago) returned after joining the Prince clubs and members for a club event in Toba (Mie prefecture) as well as invites to the Nissan Heritage collection at Zama and other car-related activities.

We have already been in discussion regardng some joint type activities with interested Bellett owners and Prince Skyline GT owners, so Brett and I will have something happening soon. Like Bellett owners, the Prince 'Mafia' are a smaller group of passionate owners who appreciate all classic Japanese tin.

I/we in the Register look forward to some joint activities with those of you who are interested very soon.....

Oh....and it was great to see the Bellett representation at the Classic Japanese Day on Sunday :), and great to meet some of the Bellett owners whom i had not met before.

Cheers

Jason

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Welcome Jason.
Put a pic up and show Forum members what a KGC10 is.
Kerry

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Welcome Jason! Prince 'Mafia', eh? Well, it really would be a joining of the two families then :)

Been a huge Prince fan since I first spotted a GTB in about 1983, and had a few close shaves with ownership...much like Bellett's though, never quite took the plunge. If you stuck a few pics in the 'Other Makes' section I'm sure there's a lot of us here that would love to see them.

Cheers,
Duane

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 am

ha ha! sorry Jason, i also met a Justin from the Toyota world and got the names confused! i read u have the same affliction with Prince memorabilia that i have with Bellett stuff... maybe we can compare notes soon? and u bet we'll be doing some joint events very soon, and making the Bellett-Prince connection as strong as possible! cheers mate and say 'hi' to Noel for me too.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:03 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi Jason,

Welcome to the Forum. I, too am a sucker for memorabilia. Initially I bought a Bellett brochure for the 1965 sedan, then thought I'd get the brochures for each main model change (1964, 1966, 1969 and later I found the 1972 versions). Expensive lesson to find out that of each model, Isuzu made about a gazillion brochures!

Cheers and welcome again!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:35 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
KJB wrote:
Welcome Jason.
Put a pic up and show Forum members what a KGC10 is.
Kerry

Surely we all know what a Hakosuka is??????? :shock:

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Late reply, but I definitely know. And when I don't know, I put it in Google Images and then I do know!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]