View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Hi I'm Dave. My user name is 'Dave'. 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

Seeing as we now have this section, I thought I'd use it.

I've been into Belletts for about 10 years; 2ldohc Ross and I found out about Belletts through our Gemini enthusiasm. The Internet was young and fresh and with a bit of scrounging around we found that the Bellett was clearly the direct ancestor of the Gemini.

Then we found a 68 Bellett auto for sale for $300 at a Subaru dealership! We offered him $200 and took it away.

That car was truly awful; the compression was so low that smoke would come out through the oil cap at idle and it lacked enough torque to actually start itself moving sometimes. Quite often if the servo had a slope, we'd have to gun the throttle then jam it in drive to move off. Pulled a few choice squealies on the smooth servo concrete that way!

We then bought an early model sedan that had been t-boned and were going to use it to restore the auto, but thought better of it as the early model sedan was in better order than the auto! We eventually wrecked the auto and bought another early-model sedan, this time in that beautiful dark blue (and rust). We drove that around for a while as a second car between us and eventually wrecked it for parts that went into my now-mostly-restored early sedan, which was the one that had been t-boned.

Ross lost interest for a while and in the meantime I amassed a growing army of undead Belletts. I followed up the semi-restored sedan with a Bellett GT, then got some parts that included my RatBellett which was going to wreck but now love too much, then in January 2008 I bought a Wasp! Yay I now have the whole set. I've told my lovely wife that if I ever find a Bellett Express wagon or a Bellett GT Fastback, I'm buying them, however the odds are slim....

I live in Adelaide with my wife and dog, Turbo. I collect old car magazines and enjoy movies.

I'm yet to see the movie "You Can't Stop The Murders" which is an Australian film with an Isuzu Bellett in it.

My automotive love stems a lot further than just Belletts, however my theory is that most other cars have got plenty of people to love them and look after them, whereas Belletts do not!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]