View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Hello all! 

Car(s): John White DOHC Gemini Group A touring car
Hi guys, Dave here, i am a self employed mechanic from buderim in queensland, and i am more into the gemini side of isuzu but have had bellett experience, my first girlfriend had a 67 auto bellett sedan , in awesome condition too, until she rolled it into a ditch!!!

I am restoring the John White DOHC gemini ZZ that was raced in group A between 85 and 88, and as such will be after dohc parts and engine info. I'll throw a thread up for the car, if anyone has any pics or info i'd be grateful!!

cheers, Dave.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Welcome Dave. (Another Dave :!: )
There are other Gem fans on her from time to time, and I'm happy to read about any Isuzu.
Your little car will be pretty unique, look forward to seeing the build.
Shame about the belly-up auto, that happened to too many of 'em. Belletts were designed onto cross plys, an early road test I have describes them being nearly impossible to roll. Then came Radials with better adhesion, and it was easier to shift the C of G. :cry:

Cheers, Matt.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Hi Dave,
Must live just down the hill from you in Kuluin, welcome on board and best of luck with your resto, DOHC parts, best bet would be Elky, I had a twin cam in a Bellett GT, now have one with SOHC, GT orphanage has a couple of GT with DOHC's.at Kilcoy, and has a few contacts.

Cheers Geoff

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Heya Dave,

You'll have to put some pics up of the race car. Being a genuine Group A car, it will be worth a few bucks when finished. Are you going to enter it in any Group C/Group A historic events?

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Hi Dave,
The NSW Club has a few members with Gemini's, in NSW, the early modles are nowe eligible for NSW Classic Car registration.
A great little car (almost as great as a Bellett!! :lol: ), 1 member races a sports sedan another has a Classic Registered coupe. Welcome aboard I am sure you will gain plenty of support from our "bellett.net" and ICCA members once they are aware you are online and a member og bellett.net.
The web site is managed by a great group of Guys who keep the site safe and well managed.
Travel safe and good luck with your resto!!
Dave M.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Car(s): Bellett 1985
Hi dave, its alvano from tampa, USA. Welcome to the forum buddy :D

Last edited by alvanorichie on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Dzave (Redzone)

If you wish to ring me some time, or PM me, I will give you some mobile numbers of Guys who just might be able to assist you ;)
As Matt has said we have a number of Gents into the Gem side of ISUZU, one currently in a rebuild mode after a major crash at Eastern Creek last year.
Dave M (0428 222097)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Welcome Dave,

Welcome to our little part of the internet.

Can't wait to check out your Gemini mate.

Neil

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): John White DOHC Gemini Group A touring car
Hi guys, sorry i hadn't posted here in a while, i forgot my password! I just updated the thread on my group A gem in the other isuzu section here :) Dave i will give you a call sometime :)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]