View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Gift Horse 

Car(s): 1965 isuzu elf
Was led to this site whilst trying to track down information about an Isuzu Elf I have been given. Have already started dismantling for repair. If anyone has any information, hints, parts, abuse, jokes , ridicule or chocolate digestive biscuits I am prepared to share. As near as I can ascertain it is a mid 1960s 2 tonner, unable to locate any chassis or engine numbers as yet(only been 12 hours, about to start playing again. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Geoff

Attachments:
DSCF3069.JPG
DSCF3069.JPG [ 1.44 MiB | Viewed 17110 times ]
DSCF3075.JPG
DSCF3075.JPG [ 1.44 MiB | Viewed 17110 times ]
Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Oh wow Geoff that's amazing!

I had just put up an Australian brochure about 3 weeks ago; you can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2338

...then lo this one appears out of thin air!

Until Farmer said his brother Dennis bought one, I wasn't convinced we had any delivered to Australia despite the Australian brochure (Australian as it's different to the Isuzu-printed 'generic English-language' brochures and is one of a series that featured the Bellett and the Wasp).

It looks pretty complete aside from the blinker lenses. There are two solutions there as I can see; either get yourself an Import Monster account and search Yahoo Japan to see if any come up (stranger things have happened!) or adapt something else to fit in the holes. Other than that... the badges, bumpers and headlight surrounds are all there and even pretty good.

If it were MINE (and I know it's not)... I would get a tray made up that could fit a Bellett on it..... and...well, that's all pretty self-explanatory, really. Just rock up to stuff!

Good luck with the rebuild; I really hope it hits the road again some day... and sooner rather than later!

Hey, never noticed that the grille and the grille aperture are completely different shapes! It's like the grille is off a totally different vehicle!

The more I look at your truck, the more I like it! Of course KJB is gonna like it even more; he's done a resto on a Prince Super Miler and while that's a super cool truck, it ain't no Isuzu! Plus the rego # is almost his initials! KBJ!

Wow; first I spy Bambam72's (father-in-law's) 8,000 mile Bellett sedan... and now THIS. In the space of about, uh, 5 minutes.

Just goes to show you these 50 YEAR OLD vehicles can still throw up some surprises!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Geoff welcome to the your Elf is AWESOME!! What are your plans for it?? Looks like it is pretty fair condition for a 50 year old truck. Would love to see more pics.

Is it just me or is every now dreaming of finding one of these as an awesome car carrier for their Bellett show/race car ;)

Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
wow thats a vehicle i wasnt expecting here, gotta admit my first thoughts were wheres the bellett on the back!
looks like a good restoration candidate, theres going to be a few envious of you!

Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 am

Car(s): 1965 isuzu elf
Thanks Dave, that brochure was what brought me to this site. This truck was sold through Marshalls of Parramatta when it was new.Have not found out anymore about Marshalls as yet, still looking. Grill does look a bit off but mounts in original holes as near as I can determine. Will take another bunch of Photos and post tmmorrow. Another oddity I noticed, the brochure says hand brake works on drive shaft, this one works on rear drums???? Maybe someone somewhere can educate me about this. Like I said any information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Welcome Geoff to our home of all things Isuzu Bellett and Isuzu related.
Damn I love your Elf truck, and looks in good nic too for it's age.
I hope you find all the info you need from the collective of Isuzu enthusiasts that gather here.
I'm with Dave, your Elf is the first I've seen (and needs a little something for the tray ;) )

Geoff 'Stickman' Taylor

Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Nah man the grille is right; it's just seeing a real one in the wild rather than a 1960's photoshopped brochure brought the grille to my attention!!

If it's any consolation, my mate has a Toyota Lite Stout styleside ute and it has a square fuel filler flap... and a round hole. He thought it was a dodgy thing until he found not only a brochure showing it to be correct, but a DRAWN, SKETCHED brochure picture where they'd replicated the square-flap/round-filler exactly.

Even though the Japanese were excellent at what they did back then, sometimes I wonder if there were two different guys working on the same project who forgot to tell each other what was going on..!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue May 21, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
:shock: - This is my face!
My goodness me! I wondered if I'd ever see this sight again!
My brother Dennis bought one of these new. Same colour too. (Though I think it's "Wasp blue", so probably the only colour!)
It's too long ago to remember the plate, but that is the right era. Dennis isn't a computer user, so he might not have seen this yet. I talked to him a few days ago prompted by Dave's brochure and he found some old photos of his, which he is going to copy & mail to me.
I'll ring tonight to find out the rego number.
Could it be one and the same?? :shock:

Many thanks for saving it Geoff, far to precious to lose.

I'll provide any help I can,
Cheers, Matt.

Wed May 22, 2013 4:33 am

Car(s): not enough!
OH MY GOD

:mrgreen: :? :shock: :o ;)

Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]