View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
G'day from S.A. 

Car(s): 1967 Bellett sedan , 2012 d-max,
G'day everyone, My Bellett story started in 1977 when I was born and travelled home in my parents Bellett. That Bellett was my mother's first car, purchased as an ex-demo, and served well for many years until being retired to our shed as mum couldn't bear to part with it. There it sat for about 8 years. Dad promised we could do it up for me to drive when I got my licence. In late '93 I started work on it. And by end of '94 it was good as new. I drove it daily for about 2 years until, as an apprentice plumber, a Ute became more practical. Since then it's use has tapered off and it has probably been in the shed since I moved from Sydney to Strathalbyn SA. 4 years ago.

So now I'm thinking I might bring it to SA, fix it up again, and put it on historic rego.

Can anyone recommend a local Bellett club?? Or contacts to help source parts?? It's a 1967 sedan, PR20 if memory serves correctly.

I'm going to Sydney around Anzac day so may drive it back if my brother and I can get it drivable. I'll post some photos then.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
you have come to the right place shame you didn't go to last years bay to birdwood what a great turn out of belletts and in Adelaide theres a team of top blokes im sure will help you get your bellett back to where you want it welcome aboard ........no doubt the Adelaide boys will advise you cheers davo ..in qlds wet gold coast

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Welcome back to " Bellett World ". You may have dropped out temporarily but the Belletts and their followers are still here. There is plenty of help , friendly advice and parts sources available here on Bellett Net with members and Bellett owners in all states. Good to see another Bellett come to light particularly with a complete known history - good stuff. Also South Australia has a strong group of Bellett owners who I know would be wrapped to have another Bellett in the State.
Welcome aboard "67Bell"
KB

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
hi mate, im not too far from you in lobethal, there are a few of us here in South oz! While there is no formal club here in SA we do get together from time to time. The other guys im sure will put there 2 cents in and say hi. I am more than happy to chat all things bellett related and then try to steer you towards a florian!

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Hi there, good to hear of another Bellett aficionado here in SA, As Mr Fibb said we try to do at least 2 or 3 organised runs a year :D
There are a good variety of cars here from sedans, GTs, Florians, Wasps even Chev Luvs (Isuzu Faster) :lol:
We are all happy (along with people on the forum) to help source parts. :ugeek:
A few SA owners here are members of the Bellett Club of Victoria, also of the Street Machine Association of SA for club rego.
Looking Forward to pics of the pride and joy :shock:
Josh

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 am

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Don't forget the nationals . Gricey

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:17 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
welcome 67Bell and good to hear you managed to keep the Bellett in the family.
there is a varied and interesting group of owners here in SA, and we do everything we can to assist and support each other to keep our cars running and driven.
your welcome to join us on one of our "casual" weekend runs. you dont need your car on the road but you can often hitch a ride for the day.
the more the merrier.

cheers

OZ

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:21 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Welcome to South Oz 67Bell. Stoked to hear she stayed in the family.

Yes, we do have a happy bunch of helpful, informative and fun Bellett lovin' family down this part of the world, and a strong following around Australia. Looking forward to catching up.

Cheers, B.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Car(s): 1967 Bellett sedan , 2012 d-max,
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I'll keep you posted regarding if/ when I get the bellett to SA.
What / when / where are the upcoming Bellett events?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Our SA events are pretty ad hoc at the moment; we tend to do a 'winter run' though.

We'll probably next get together around September for the 50th Anniversary in Australia? Nothing has really been set up yet, but we can't let the Eastern-staters with their flashy clubs beat us without a fight!

I joined the Street Machine Association of SA for my historic rego; they aren't too picky about minor non-standard stuff (some clubs go INSANE) and being a non-brand-affiliated club, it's not like you're the odd-man-out at some kind of Austin 7 run or whatever!

Several other SA Bellett owners are thru them; there are few hassles; the car must be presented once per year at one of three historic-rego days that are held across May, June and July variously at Cool Trimmings in Blair Athol and at the Shannons club rooms in Clarence Gardens, plus you need to have stat-dec signed by a JP stating that the car is unmodified to the best of your knowledge.

Small annoyances, but they're not overly upset if you don't attend the club each month (since we had a kid I don't think I've gone once, but I do like to attend 2-3/year so I don't look like a total freeloader) and at about $140/year or whatever, it's MUCH better than paying full rego!

Shannons Insurance also give a pretty chubby discount for historically-registered cars, so that's a dollar saving too!

Looking forward to seeing the machine! One more Bellett that is out of the shed and on the road IS ONE MORE BELLETT OUT OF THE SHED AND ON THE ROAD! ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:06 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Awsome, the exact question I was going to ask. Since things are changing and the GT definetly needs to be on "Historic" also.

I've been in SA tooooo long and haven't done it yet, so it's a goa for me this year too, 67Bell

Cheers Dave.

B.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]