View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Intro & Bellett sale 

Car(s): 67 bellett
G`day & thanks for adding Me. I like OLD vehicles of all sorts & am a bit of a junk collector (I buy & sell old stuff). I live & work out in rural farm land area where I spot many old cars & trucks etc. (lots get dragged home with Me).

Ok, so to be honest, the reason I joined this group is because I recently dragged a 67 (I think) Deluxe, I dont know a lot about them (other than their rarity) & the only reason I still have it is that I havn`t got around to cleaning it & listing it on ebay, (you prob didn`t want to hear that).

My first thought is usually ebay, in order to get the best price for things, but please keep reading.

I stumbled upon this site last nite while googling to find an idea of the cars value, in order to then list on ebay & started thinking that maybe I could save myself from the hassle of ebay, & get a good price by selling the car on this site.

So I filled in the site registration thingo & started browsing through this site, In the "cars for sale", I found the add for the 67 that was taken off the market due to lack of interest????? I do not know what these things are worth, nor do I know the price that was being asked.

My Bellett is not on ebay yet, nor has it ever been.

Surely there would be enough interest & a cash buyer on this site for me to not have to list on ebay, I am not trying to get more than it`s worth (just don`t know what it`s worth), & want fair price.

I havn`t got any good pics at moment (mite be able to find something later), but will add some pics soon.

Wed May 13, 2015 8:21 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
without lots of good quality Pics and a decent and honest description.... its hard to 'value' any car.

Like all old cars, no matter how rare, there is a limited group of people interested in them and even lower number actually wanting to buy, at any point. And most want them for the lowest price possible.....human nature.

glenn

Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Welcome Steve, and thanks for giving us first option. As Glenn said, condition is the biggest factor, then a member having both the cash and space. Some of us have more of one than the other. I have space! I have collected a few orphans and always consider anything offered. Location is another consideration, of course.

So yeah, please post up some pics, and allow a bit of time as not everyone looks at the site everyday.
Thanks and cheers, Matt.

Wed May 13, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks Glenn & matt, yeah no probs (1st option). The car IS available, I can`t write actual description (as such) but hopefully we can chat about it enough for you to gain a good idea & decide whether to travel (south west Vic) to look.

I just wrote a fair bit about it & added couple of pics before submitting, but can`t see it?

Attachments:
003.JPG
003.JPG [ 1015.98 KiB | Viewed 17284 times ]
Wed May 13, 2015 10:16 am

Am finding some pics in computer, but will take some better ones

Attachments:
002.JPG
002.JPG [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 17283 times ]
Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi steve welcome yes that does look like a deluxe with the guard badge and stainless between the door pillars by the number its a 67 (I think) belletts sell from $100 to $7000 for a minter as farmer says he has a yard full the bike looks a beauty what is it a ajs or bsa ??? that's prob worth more ha ha the bellett is it an auto ...?? bucket seats ?? does it have a heater ?? nice gt mirrors on the guard ..that teardrop on facebook has been on a while and was sold to him by a club member from Sydney hes chasing $2000 ono teardrops are a bit harder to locate cheers davo

Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks Davo, yep auto, buckets, heater & as you said the U beaut mirrors. It is a very restorable car despite 1st impression ie. there is NO rust holes in the floors, sills, firewall, door jambs, or boot floor (under the good mat).

Attachments:
004.JPG
004.JPG [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 17278 times ]
Wed May 13, 2015 11:12 am

Davo, I forgot to mention that yep! the bike is a BSA (Bantam), And am thinking maybe they worth about the same as each other

Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 am

HECK!! Last pic seems to laugh at my comment that there is no rust holes in door jambs. As we know, pics often make something look better, & sometimes make it look worse than it is, not sure what the case here, as I certainly hadn`t seen what I am now seeing in the above pic.

Last weekend was the first time I had looked at or gone near the car since I unloaded it, I got it running & had a reasonable look at floors etc. for rust holes.

I will have a serious look on the weekend, to enable me to give acurate description & answers.

Wed May 13, 2015 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]