View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
new to isuzu 

Car(s): isuzu mux 2015 lsm
hi im jimgoose.
I have a 2015 MUX manual.and ive owned a isuzu jcr 360 truck but drive a isuzu tipper and bin truck 4 a living
I was about 9 years old when i saw my first bellet, i thought i was looking at the first corona back then.mum and i used to play a car guessing game when we went to the shops.
I would read the badge on the cars and pronounce it wrong only to be corrected by mum.
The second isuzu i ever saw a few years later was speeding and it was a 2 door with a rotary engine.the back of the car sunk down a bout 4 inches every gear change.
As youse could imagine a 12yr old i was very impressed by the fast car that sounded incredible
Did isuzu ever fit mazda rotary engines in their cars from factory as an option?
Ive been offered a 4 door bellet in pretty poor shape but i still have to look it over and see if its repairable or a parts car.
It looks like its got all windows intact but has a fair amount of front drivers fender damage.I hope to check it out tomorrow if i finish work before the sun goes down.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Welcome 'jimgoose'. Thanks for joining up. Please take pics of your find for us. There are plenty if people on here to offer guidance.

Isuzu did not ever fit rotary motors, but it was a common enough backyard job back in the 80's when the motors were cheap and plentiful. They generally went hard, but not for long. Most these days have been returned to the proper motor. A few run Gemini motors, but it is not a simple mod. Some have later Isuzu twin cams, but supply of them is getting thin now.

Good luck, cheers, Matt.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:02 pm

[quote="Farmer"]Welcome 'jimgoose'. Thanks for joining up. Please take pics of your find for us. There are plenty if people on here to offer guidance.

thanks farmer
i had a look close up tonight all panels rusted beyond reasonable repair,side glass an rear glass still there but winders are ceased but engine and gearbox are there under the dizzy cap is clean no radiator good grill says 1500 on it. window chrome ok interior repairable but headlining no good unless for a template.radiator is missing.
yep its a parts car and im not paying the price he asked for that.the seats got a bit of chook poop on them :D
such a rare car in victoria i have not seen 1 before this for a long time.
.Would the bellet motor be more reliable than a gemini motor?
In my line of work something else will turn up .

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
sounds like a later model 1500 deluxe what colour is it and the taillights are they long or squat ones like an ej holden cheers davo

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:50 am

There is one in qld for $3000 you can drive home ATM.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 pm

BULLITT wrote:
sounds like a later model 1500 deluxe what colour is it and the taillights are they long or squat ones like an ej holden cheers davo

Taillights are about 12" long and 3" high from memory and i only found the left one it was in pretty bad shape its pale blue.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 am

gt orphanage wrote:
There is one in qld for $3000 you can drive home ATM.

i will probably come across another 1 in victoria in line of work . we sometimes do farm cleanups

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:32 am

Isuzu never fitted a rotary engine from new..... But they did build and develop one of their own for assessment. You'll find it on this site somewhere with a search.
Plenty of road and race Belletts here had them shoved in by owners over the years. Some were nicely done.... Some should have been scrapped.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]