View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
My old Bellett GT. Who has it now? 

Car(s): I wish
I miss this car heaps, we spent so much time sideways together when i was a young fella.
Easily recognised by the amount of bog in the turret and the stupid corolla tail lights...........but did she handle!!
Cheers Bret

Attachments:
old pics 020.jpg
old pics 020.jpg [ 191.62 KiB | Viewed 31888 times ]
old pics 019.jpg
old pics 019.jpg [ 196.47 KiB | Viewed 31890 times ]
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Nice looking machine; we seem to have a few members in Queensland so hopefully something will turn up!

Mine's got the modified rear guards like yours... although yours are a bit smoother. I'm planning on rectifying mine back to the chopped off rear guards coz that's what makes Belletts look so low in the arse! Although it helps if you've got fat little mags to fill out the modified guards!

I hope it's still out there! Having the vents in the rear guards is pretty rare here.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Yeh it was an eye catcher all right, sold her to a Bellett enthusiest in Birkdale Brisbane, he had about 5 others from memory. Somone will know where she is now.
Cheers Bret

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Where is Ken & Carol? If it wasn't them that bought it, then in that area they would know it.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
cheers greg
your old gt was owned by Cam Adams then went to a new home for a while then went to Nick Kakoledes
then went to a Capalaba home for ageing belletts & owners where it was damaged by vandals repaired
resprayed gunmetal grey at present in Melbourne getting full rebuild ,rear guards back to original and hopefully at 2010 nats
cheers ken

Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
IT LIVES!!!!

Hahahaha nice work Ken.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:01 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR90 gt x2 PR 20 x1 Wasp x1
Dear Bret,
Correction to last entry from PR 90. Car originally came from New Guinea.
Car owned by Cam Adam in Brisbane and painted
British Racing Green. May have been sold and anyway finished up with Nick Kakoulidis
(who I understand was an aquaintance of yours) and then it went to us in Capalaba.
Our daughter who was a young teenager (or may have even been younger)
at the time fell in love with it and many years
later bought it from us. The car always looked good but was also very good at breaking
down. I think I met nearly everyone on Old Cleveland Road over a 12 month period
borrowing their phone to ring Ken and get the car started again. I agree it went well
and while I was driving it I dropped the kids to highschool every morning and got the
kids to time me over the measured dirt road I found along the way. It went well.
Our daughter owned the GT as her second car ever and called it 'Noddy'. She drives hard
and wore it out. Noddy was rebuilt and painted gunmetal grey. Noddy has had a hard life
and unfortunately was pushed by a 4WD against a brick wall which did serious damage.
Our daughter has no intention of ever letting Noddy die and Noddy is now in Melbourne as
mentioned previously being fully restored. Daughter's husband pulled Noddy apart and
removed a lot of the bog. It was over 2" deep in some parts. Most would have decided
the car was too far gone for restoration but not Noddy. As said previously Noddy will
attend the Nationals in 2010. I do miss Noddy myself but at times certainly thought the
car was possessed. Lots of fun and lots of memories.

Carol

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:34 am

Yes I bought the car of Nick Kakoulidis after a few years of nagging him, suffice to say he was less than impressed when i sold it a couple of years later. OK I was responsible for most of the bog but i'm pretty sure i kept it less than an inch thick (mostly)!
Thank you all so much, i would love to see some pics if anyone has any, will definately be looking out at the 2010 nats.

Bret.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Check out this puppy, if only i had a lazy 20K
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 837360.htm

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT 1969
Hi Bret
Noddy's owner here, yeah he goes really well. we've spent many a time on the footpath chasing cats. ha ha hah :lol: :lol: :twisted:
We miss him very much. As you have probably heard he had been sandwiched between a four wheel drive & a brick wall, twice to be exact. As if they didn't do enough damage the first time they hit it they had to have a second go at him. should have hit them. Lots of bog. If I can get it to work I will upload some photo's of where he was at before he went to uncle Steve's place... He is the second favorite.

Cheers

Attachments:
026.JPG
026.JPG [ 184.56 KiB | Viewed 31641 times ]
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 am

Oh, I almost cried then....almost.
Thanks so much for the replies everyone, this website rocks!
Look forward to seeing more pics, and i just might have to buy that GTR in NZ.........

Bret.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Hi Guys, following the thread ( and amazing connection ) from down here !! You've got to be die hard to own one of these little beasties ( or ther've got you ). Yes , tear for that one.

And she still looks so straight in the raw :o Well done !!

B. 8-)

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I just moved this to the Introductions section. It could easily have been in the "My Bellett" section.... but I guess it's now someone else's Bellett... so I guess that's wrong.

But I couldn't leave it in the "Random Bellett Pics" section coz it's not random! We know exactly whose it is! Both then AND now!

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 am
Profile WWW

Hi all,
Well its been 8 years so I thought I would check in and see if my old Bellett ever got finished and back on the road. If anyone has an update it would be great to hear about it.
I have spent the last 5 years restoring a 71 V6 Capri, not quite the same as a GT Bellett but still awesome.

bret

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:36 am

Car(s): Bellett GT 1969
Hi all
I was looking through some old posts today and came across a post from 2009 and though I would let you all know where you my GT is At or as I like to say Noddy.

Well where to start after a minor misshapen with some bollards in my younger years of driving Noddy and a couple of blown up engines from rasing noody on the street of Brisbane and then another accident seeing Noddy off the road and on it way to Melbourne where we thought it would be there to be repaired and returned with in a couple of years, not to be the case. After it going to Melbourne on the 9th November 2008 and sitting in someone shed yes that some one who I thought was a friend and would do the right thing by me did not work on Noddy for let's say 6years dispute me saying how is Noddy going do you need me to send some more money it is STILL unfinished.

Noddy has now gone to another person who I know will love and care for it as much as I do and did.

Perhaps one day Noddy will be back on the road.

Attachments:
IMG_4617-1.JPG
IMG_4617-1.JPG [ 33.01 KiB | Viewed 29782 times ]
IMG_4617-1.JPG
IMG_4617-1.JPG [ 33.01 KiB | Viewed 29782 times ]
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]