View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
New member introduction 

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
Hi,everyone.I have been following the chat and info on this forum for some months and have finally taken the plunge into cyberspace. My interest in Isusu's (sorry about the spelling, the letter after y in not working on this keyboard) began after returning from a year in the UK and looking for a vehicle. Under instructions from the lady wife "airconditioning" was mandatory. I noticed a sports car in a Main North Rd car yard with Airconditioned posted in the window. Bingo! It was a red 117 Coupe. After a little research into parts availability I paid the money and drove away in a car I had never heard of before. Apart from a rather disturbing noise under heavy braking, it was mostly operational. About this time I saw a notice in the Club Notices in the Advertiser and contacted the unofficial Bellet Club in SAust. A yeat or so later I bought my first Bellett from an old couple in Marion. It was only after I got it home that I noticed that the number plate had the numerical 117. That vehicle is a 1967 Deluxe and is presently undergoing an engine rebuild in preparation for the Bay to Birdwood in Sept. A few years ago I bought the second Bellett after a minor windfall (of money that is). By this time the rot had set in. One night, playing on Tradingpost I came across another 117 in Melbourne. It was the same year as mine and a manual. It has yet to be registered in Australia and is sitting on the bottom of the priority list at the moment but it is parked in the carport. The adventure continues.
A.J.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I recognise that bevvy of cars anywhere.

Glad you finally hit the forum!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): not enough!
Welcome!....and enjoy!

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:44 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi A.J., & welcome. "in preparation for the bay to birdwood" - does this mean you are a starter for the Bellett nationals as well? The more the merrier!
Look forward to seeing you in Adelaide,
Matt.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 am

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
Farmer,
I am definitely a starter in the Bay to Birdwood. I have entered both Belletts in the run so hopefully I will have the motor back in shortly and running sweetly as the hills driving will test how it is running. I believe they are not closing the road for one way traffic this year so it may be slow going in the hills as there are not many safe passing places. Anyway, I'm sure we will cope. A.J.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
You can all stay behind my Wasp. That will set the pace, no problems.

Another local Bellett owner is taking his fire engine in the Bay to Birdwood. He reckons anyone stuck behind him will be fuming!

Oh well; it's never an ultra-quick fang up there anyway, plus there needs to be time to wave to the people!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Great to see you on board A.J. Low revving grunt, just keep that wasp movin' Dave !!

B.

PS a second and third gear climb for the GT's is OK, and fun !!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]