View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
My Bellett 

ok now back to the donor car remove the lh front seat,scuff plate and kick panel unclip the ecu loom and follow the harness to the fire wall you want the loom that branches through the fire wall the rest will run down the inside cut it :shock: it will work out later.now we are in the engine bay as you unclip temp senders, coils,map sensors ect remove them end plug them back in as you go from memory two plugs are interchangable. now the loom is free from the car and all sensors the only other thing needed is the throttle cable and the top inch of the pedal cut the top of the bellett pedal and weld the pulsar top on this wiill match the throttle cable to a bellett pedal and mount the cable into the bellett fire wall while the engine is out.
back to the loom unwrap it with everything hooke up with bits of tape every 4 inches so there are no huge nots and start taking out what you dont need i put ac controll wire ect into a plug you will pretty well be left with a wire to continuous 12 volt power 1 to ignition power and 1 wire to the fuel pump. 1 wire will go to speed sensor that i put to a plug but it has not been needed. If we hook ascan tool up it will throw a fault code so the check engine light is switched.
I made a adaptor plate that goes between the throttle body and plenum chamber this way all the idle up solinoid and stepper motors ect plug back in. We had a feww teething problems but it's running fine and is reliable after we stopped cooking modules.
I hope this helped :?: The other option is run the su set up i have the bellett one fitted to my car with a home made manifold it goes hard. I also reproduced webber manifolds but to date left the su set up as it works.
check the sump is ok you need 1 with the sump at the rear and if its wrong the oil pump will need to be changed but a bellett one will fit. They go hard ;).

Last edited by gt orphanage on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
once again greg shares his knowledge , what agreat lot of guys not envious of another mans pride and joy only too willing to help... this is a good forum ...everyone becomes a winner cheers davo

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am

Thanks Dave you are correct in some way's no one knows everything about our little cars but between all of us and the forum we will now most of it ;).
George if you take this path pm me i will forward my phone number as a help line.
Another guy that will be handy to you in sa is antus he is into delco hacking this is out of my pace but he can remap the delco memcal in the ecu to suit your car. He was kind enough to set Geoff up with a guy here to program his. It still thinks its a pulsar but its fine but a little tune it could be better than fine.
As for the 5 speed gearbox the rear cross member will need a few mods and the clutch forlk will need the pivot moved simple unbolt and move and bellett forlk and a fine splined clutch plate fitted?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2