View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Bellett at Kyneton Autocross *New In Car Video at Bagshot* 

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Hi guys at the weekend I competed in another round of the Vic Club Auto Cross Series http://www.vicclubautocrossseries.com/

The host club had one of their members Don Smith out there taking a pic and he took one of my car.

The next two photos were taken by another competitor Arron

Last edited by 65bellett on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Now that looks like Fun (with a capital F!)

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Reckon that reminds me of Go Karting up at the track at Strathalbyn, minus the mud in face cause your full cab over....

Bring on the Opposite lock and Drifting photos now please

OZ

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Looks pretty good. Not sure what the class preparation rules are or if the car is grouped favorably or not.
The naming of the type of event is confusing for those of us who are 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne. That would be rallycross over here. Our autocross is on blacktop or concrete, with about a thousand cones marking the route. (Ten more hours until course setup for the first event of the year!).

When will you post the link to the camera mount video? I have at least three hilarious observations about that.
Or do we have to wait for the video of the next event?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Now that does look like FUN,in a Tear Drop,reminds me of my early days
with a Tear Drop down at the mine on dirt roads,surely a calander photo
there,well done

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
JT191,
The problem we have in Australia is that we do not have big areas of concrete or bitumen available to run events like you do in the States. Since 9/11 acess to airports both commercial and military have been severly restricted. Before that there were a limited number of places we could hold similar events. The problem with dirt/gravel tracks is that maintainance/upkeep costs can be restrictive but even so there are some good tracks in this part of Australia (Victoria).Have watched some Porsche Auto X videos from the US and it makes me feel like moving to the US to live a life of Auto Xing!
KB

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 am

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Hi guys yesterday I ran in another even which was held at the Bagshot Motorsport Complex north of Bendigo. I managed to get a bit of in car video, it is a bit wobbly but still watchable (I hope :oops: ) I think I may have a few mods to make to the camera mount but it all a learning curve.

JT191 unfortunately in the series I run in there is no Historic categorie which makes it a bit hard for the old Bellett. At the moment I run in the under 1600 modified class and being beaten by heavily modified V-tec Hondas and Twin Cam injected Toyota Corollas and having a ball. In the last few events I have done my times have me in the top 5 times of the under 2000cc road car class which I don't fit into due to a few mods I have. If I am clever and I read the rule book the right way I might make a few changes to my current set up and compete in the under 2000cc road class next year and chase a trophy or I might just continue to have a laugh go a bit quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48IxaRJpi3Y

I have a fair bit more footage so I might try to put together another vid a bit later

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 am

Go Gav 8-) A word of WARNING i put footage up of a hill climb last week and Davo been stalking my ash tray since :lol: yours is a nice one too ;)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
65bellett wrote:
JT191 unfortunately in the series I run in there is no Historic categorie which makes it a bit hard for the old Bellett. At the moment I run in the under 1600 modified class and being beaten by heavily modified V-tec Hondas and Twin Cam injected Toyota Corollas and having a ball. In the last few events I have done my times have me in the top 5 times of the under 2000cc road car class which I don't fit into due to a few mods I have. If I am clever and I read the rule book the right way I might make a few changes to my current set up and compete in the under 2000cc road class next year and chase a trophy or I might just continue to have a laugh go a bit quicker.

Racing to win is for driving enthusiasts, not car enthusiasts. Participating in motorsports in order to enjoy your favorite make and model of car is an invitation to frustration. To be a successful racer, you have to buy a car based on what is the most favorably classed car. If you race the car you love, you are destined to loose, because chances are it is classed against something it can't beat.
Over here, my favored class matches small, economy, four cylinder, SOHC and DOHC four cylinder, FWD cars, against six cylinder BMW Ultimate Driving Machines. No one can explain how a six cylinder BMW suddenly moves down in classing and becomes uncompetitive against little econo-boxes, as soon as you move from Stock to allowing an intake, header, and coilovers.
The racing organization does this with a straight face. Mere V-Tec fours as the car to beat would be a welcome improvement. And no one seems to realize that 1.6 liter Japanese cars were built to max out a 1.6 liter displacement limit for classing in Japanese racing classes.

But the real question is:
Now that you have your ipod mounted on a handlebar, bolted to the rear deck, above the rear seat of your car, do you now have to pull over to the side of the road, walk around the car, and open the passenger side rear door, every time you want to change the song on the stereo?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 am

you are silly you don't need music when you race, if you have a full faced helmet on you can sing whatever you like no one will see or here you. 8-) dont head bang though that's a give away ;) .

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]