View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bellett's in Malaysia 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
I got this email from a guy in Borneo a few years back and might be worth sharing:
His email is below.

By the way, the tail lights are very similar to the white GT I had, that came from NG. Now owned by a BCCV member, under restoration.. I changed the lights though !

Glenn

Hi Glenn, Greetings from Borneo !

I'm wondering if you can advise on my current restoration project.

I have recently bought a 1973, Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT (PR91) from its original owner. This car has a special history, as
it was presented by the Chairman of Isuzu Japan to the Isuzu dealer in 1973, in a small town called Sandakan on the
North East of Borneo. (Aussies will probably know Sandakan from the Death Marches during WWII). Today, this is probably
the only Isuzu Bellett on the road in Malaysia. At least, the only GT. Sedans were sited on Malaysian roads in limited numbers
in the early 70s.

Anyway, since then the car have seen various modifications to its engine and the under-pinnings (due to non-availability of parts In Malaysia).
The conversion from a twin carby to a single works pretty decent though I would rather get back to stock. My main problem is sourcing for
the front ball joints, tie-rod ends, arm bushes and stuff. Can you help or advise in this area ? The rest of the body work and interior is pretty decent
and a conversion have been made to the rear lights, which I can live with at the moment. *(see pixs attached)

Would you be able to point me towards a source for parts, preferably a dealer who is willing to ship to Malaysia.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards -
Jim

Attachments:
1882487085.jpg
1882487085.jpg [ 77.48 KiB | Viewed 5187 times ]
1855233293.jpg
1855233293.jpg [ 93.26 KiB | Viewed 5187 times ]

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 am
Profile WWW

he's a user on here too.
can't remember his username tho....

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Think his Forum name is - "jmzchk"
KB

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]