View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Melbourne Car Meets Mini Meet #11 at Docklands 

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Even though I am slow and calm from time to time I like to get my Fast and Furious on and give the kids a bit of a history lesson. On Wednesday night (11/06/14) I took my Bellett to the Melbourne Car Meets Mini Meet #11 at Docklands and got a really good reception. There were a few professional photographers getting around who snapped some really good pics of my car and another clever chap who made a very cool video that is worth a look http://vimeo.com/98001000 . For any one who doesn't want to watch the entire video (it is worth 5 minutes though ;) ) my Bellett features at 1m25s.

A special thanks to Trung Do for this pic.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:21 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
good stuff, Gav. Watched the whole video.

I went to the web page but not a lot of info there although it seems to be a well run events group. How do you find out about the events?
http://www.melbournecarmeets.com/

Rules:

No loud music is allowed from your cars.

Loud music can be an annoyance to other people around, so please keep the music to a minimal, unless told otherwise.

Do not discard your trash on the ground.

We don't own the place, so please dispose of your trash in to a near by bin.

NO ALCOHOL permitted on the grounds. Cars with alcohol will be ejected immediately.

Our events are STRICTLY ALCOHOL FREE

Do not touch other peoples car, unless given permission

Respect the owners vehicle

No Hooning, Loud Revving, or Speeding

If you have to behave in this manner, please do it at your own risk and well away from the group

No tire squealing or hot rodding.

Common sense we're trying to avoid getting in trouble with the local authorities

Any of the rules above broken, you will not be welcome to any future events as plates will be recorded.

We don't want to sound draconian but we would like to keep the image of this group as clean as possible. Please be nice and play along

if you would like to have nice quality meets to attend.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 am
Profile WWW

Glenn most of the car events these days seemed to all be promoted through Facebook. It is quite amazing to actually go to one of these or JDMST or Mighty Car Mods events. They usually just pick a car park some where a start time and people just come and go chat and look at cars. No clubs no entry fee No rules on what sort of car you bring and just a Facebook page and they regularly get any where from 200 to 500 plus cars. They can be a little bit hit and miss as far as Police attention and the way people behave but at the end of the day they are a lot of Fun!

Another meet I attended https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0w149MZDU 300 odd cars (My car at 1m00s ish. The car park that this meet was held in had one of those machines where you buy the ticket and display it in your windscreen. So many people bought tickets that machine ran out out and stopped working :lol: The guy collecting the money would have had a heart attack on Monday as the car park was usually empty on weekends.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:54 am

This one will be HUGE!!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:06 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Good on ya Gav. - looks good.
KB

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
FULLY SICK, Gav. Certainly nothing like your Bellett in the mix, especially with those hot Watanabes on....don't i recall them being on a certain white GT?? Great to see your keeping up with the youngies. And so well behaved, goes to show the JDM set aren't all wild boys....like you :P

Btw, your little beast also appears in the background at about the 0.46 sec mark as well.

Dave and Ross introduced me to Jaff's cruise last year. There were all sorts of machines gathered, litterally thousands, cramming the car park at a local massive shopping centre. Then the cruise headed off from there. Dave and I had our GT/GTR's there. Mine ended up featuring on face book.

Cheers,

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]