View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Bruce De Boo Bellett Sports Sedan 

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Just reading on the sports sedan forum, that Bruce's son Troy has the car?

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 am

The Bellett was traded for a turbo at once stage when my dad was building a 2ltr turbo motor for the RX7. The bellett was repainted blue from memory and had a 13b turbo motor fitted and the car never hit the track. Bruce was offered the car back and he and Troy used it a couple of time at Winton. I don't think it was race days just track days. The car is still with Troy to the best of my knowledge but like I said above I can call Troy to confirm this.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 am

that's the way i understood the outcome of it too Geoff, in that Troy has the car still, but my attempts to locate Troy himself to confirm or deny have drawn a blank so far...

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 am

I've had a read of the thread on the Sports Sedan forum... will see what i can come up with. and i thought the opening post sounded familiar! thanks for the heads up about the replies. cheers!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:01 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Adelaide Bellett owner Andy, who is a non-forum, non-computer user, was obsessed with Bruce DeBoo's sports sedan.

We first met when I was sprinting the GT out at Mallala and he spied the rear end issue I was having (because, you know, I was basically travelling backwards half the time) and he started talking about this Bruce DeBoo sports sedan.

He said how it had chains under the axles to stop them from dropping so hard.

Well, I did advise that despite my GT's problems, I was NOT going to put a pair of chains under what was a road car; the noise would have been insane, plus, well, no.

There was an IRS-equipped Renault that featured leather straps from factory, but that was factory and it was French, so if it didn't have a mind-blowingly stupid feature somewhere on it, I would eat a continent of hats.

So no disrespect to Andy, but I solved my issue without chains.

Instead, I solved it by selling the car and buying a GTR with an Isuzu Motorsports 3-leaf rear-end.

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Dave
do you have a picture of the rear end to share ?

glenn

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

which rear end Glenn?
i have a pic of tho DeBoo one from very late in it's life and the chains had been replaced with adjustable rods and retainer plates.
i also have a pic of a factory multi leaf under another car too.
my race car is multi leaf as well, but after ALOT of testing various setups the one in it now isn't a conventional way of doing them either...

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Dave's GT/R.

yours too !

glenn

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Theres a picture in Daves gtr thread showing the old exhaust

Cheers

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]