View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
1965 Isuzu Times No 22 corporate magazine 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Welcome to the second Isuzu Times featured on Bellett.net!

The first, the previous issue number 21 (Jan - March 1965) was featured back in 2008 and can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=66

This issue, number 22 (April - June 1965) includes just as much AWESOME STUFF.

Look at the cover; this sinuous, empty freeway! With speed signs that are either in miles and km/h... or perhaps the 50 is for trucks.

Attachment:
01 - front cover.jpg
01 - front cover.jpg [ 194.11 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Page two shows the Meishin Expressway with what appears to be a Bellel motoring along in the distance. I hope it's a petrol and not a Diesel....

Further down the page on the Wakato Ohashi bridge, I'm SURE there's a Buick, although the scan I've put up on the forum may not be clear enough to see it.

Attachment:
02 - Japan's Unique Transportation Network.jpg
02 - Japan's Unique Transportation Network.jpg [ 195.29 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Page three shows some more freeways; they certainly got busy after WWII. Nice bus in the bottom photo; can't tell if it's an Isuzu. Nice signs too, just randomly placed on the page in the corner there!

Attachment:
03 - Japan's Unique Transportation Network.jpg
03 - Japan's Unique Transportation Network.jpg [ 186.32 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Now we're talking! Page four has a Bellett! In Hawaii!

This car was driven by Emmett Wilder and somehow won first place in both E and F-classes! Looks like another Bellett in the background behind the c-pillar; fitted with a bumper still, unlike the race car, if what's visible thru the window is correct.

And there's also a Volvo P1800 in the background. Rad!

This page also features part of the Bellett shipment to Finland. A sea of teardrop Belletts! There's also one on a crane in the background. Obviously roll on/roll off hadn't been invented yet!

Attachment:
04 - Bellett is Good Performer in Hawaii.jpg
04 - Bellett is Good Performer in Hawaii.jpg [ 162.49 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Page five features more Belletts!

There's a nice LHD Bellett sedan at the inauguration of Isuzu Peru, plus a Bellel and an Elf bus with the suicide doors in the second photo. I wonder if that LHD Bellel is Diesel like all the US Bellels or if they did actually build LHD petrol Bellels. Mystery!

The second photo is JUST AS AWESOME! It shows a dealership in none other than Bangkok, Thailand. In the left photo is an Elfin pick up, a Wasp and what seem to be a pair of roofless Isuzu TX trucks, while the right-hand photo shows a pretty Bellett Deluxe.

Attachment:
05 - Isuzu Peru & Bangkok.jpg
05 - Isuzu Peru & Bangkok.jpg [ 164.3 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

The next page, the centre, is a full, double-page spread of a wicked photo of a bunch of teardrop-spec Belletts on the back of three car carriers. This is an awesome pic!

The colours are a bit weird, mind you. I'm not entirely sure if they are legitimate or if it's a B&W photo that has been colourised like a bad 1930s Hollywood movie! The car carriers are cute; they can only take 5 cars at a time. If only we could score one of these. I bet Gtorphanage could put one to good use!

People have sometimes tried to tell me that teardrops with yellow rear indicators are from different years to those with white indicators... and yet here we are. Then again, is it correct or has it been colourised? More mystery!

Attachment:
06a - Belletts on Isuzu car carriers - merged.jpg
06a - Belletts on Isuzu car carriers - merged.jpg [ 135.68 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

This next page, page 8 has got some great Isuzu products from North, South, East and West, no less!

The top page would be of interest to user TBOU, with a great pick of a black Bellel at the Golden Gate bridge! Apparently it's drawing the glances of the American public! Yeah! Because it's stinky and slow (but I still love it... don't get me wrong!).

The bottom left pic shows a nice looking Bellett sedan in El Salvador. Apparently the Bellett is the IDOL OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE!

The middle-right pic shows a great fleet of Isuzu TX garbage trucks! So much win here, Farmer!

The bottom right picture has an Isuzu Elfin pick up truck. God I love these; so much more unique than a Toyota Stout (which, let's face it, is pretty unique these days!) and so Wasp-ish at the front!

Attachment:
08 - Isuzu in USA, Uruguay, El Salvador and South Africa.jpg
08 - Isuzu in USA, Uruguay, El Salvador and South Africa.jpg [ 164.53 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

More Isuzus from around the world! I love the little doodle on the top left representing the different areas of the world; the windmill for the Netherlands, the British soldier for the UK and the elephant for both Tanzania and Thailand, I guess.

The pictures show; from top to bottom, a Bellel taxi in the Netherlands (again, is it Diesel?), a dodgy-arse TX truck-based bus in Tanzania, a TX in Bangkok and a cool, two-tone Bellel in the UK. I wonder where THAT one is now...

Attachment:
09 - Isuzu in Netherlands, Tanzania, Thailand and England.jpg
09 - Isuzu in Netherlands, Tanzania, Thailand and England.jpg [ 151.9 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Hong Kong seems to have it's own page, showing an Elf forward-control Micro bus, a three pics of Bellel Diesel taxis (RHD though this time, so no mysteries solved!).

Attachment:
10 - Isuzu in Hong Kong.jpg
10 - Isuzu in Hong Kong.jpg [ 165.26 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

MORE pics from around the world; a Bellett in Macao, a Bellel in Greece, an "Isuzu Panel Van" (actually an Elf forward control truck with a rear body) in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) and Isuzu Diesel engines at the New York World's Fair! An Object of Much Attention!

Attachment:
11 - Isuzu in Macao, Greece, Ceylon and New York.jpg
11 - Isuzu in Macao, Greece, Ceylon and New York.jpg [ 159.03 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

The back cover, like the other Isuzu Times, is basically an advertisement (coz, you know, the rest of the magazine isn't!) showing a Bellel at the ski slopes of Northern California!

Apparently it has superior hill-climbing skills! It's probably no slower up a hill than on the flat....

Another one for TBOU!

Attachment:
12 - Isuzu Bellel in USA advertisement.jpg
12 - Isuzu Bellel in USA advertisement.jpg [ 129.1 KiB | Viewed 7776 times ]

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
your a ledgend dave well done keep it coming cheers davo

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Dave.
When I was with the local Holden dealer in the '80's and '90's I anaged to get a few copies of the Times.
Very interesting reading. Often pull them out to check on something or just have a read.

Dave.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:10 am

WILDer... Bellett race car...
Who would have thought.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]