View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
1966 - Isuzu Bellett promotional photo - Germany 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hey guys,

Oh man, this is a tragedy!

We've had a lot of rain recently here in Adelaide and it's really given my new box gutter a workout... and it beat the gutter.

The combined water off of the entire double carport and one side of the 18m long shed was too much for one little 100mm x 50mm drain pipe. I should have seen it coming, but I guess I trusted the carport guy to know what he was talking about.

The result was a small flood inside the shed; nothing serious... or so it seemed. And this idiot here had several things of note NOT in sealed plastic boxes. My Father's vintage kangaroo-leather filing inbox thing was ruined, my Grandmothers 1960s canasta cards... several letters to my Mother and Grandmother were soaked... but everything seems to have dried out OK-ish.

Amongst my Mum's stuff was this bloody photo. Now don't get excited; it's not like she would have hoarded this; I think I bought it off eBay then instead of it going into my hermetically sealed, fireproof/bombproof/childproof brochure box (OK, it's just a Bunnings box, but it's heaps better than a cardboard box or an open tray, which this stuff was in!), it just ended up with her stuff by accident.

It's dried out OK too, but it has discoloured somewhat. It's a modern reproduced copy of a B&W photo; I guess it kinda gives it a vintage sepia feel but it would have been better if it hadn't been bloody wet!

Anyway, I didn't get any story with this photo, but it's still pretty interesting.

Clearly from a motor show or display of some kind, I don't know if the pretty girl posing is a prospective client cruising past or a model paid to look good next to the car, but given the stylish 1960's hair flick and sharp mod suit, I'll assume the latter.

The numberplate has some details about this LHD Bellett... in GERMAN!

5 Plätze = 5 places (seats, I'll assume)
4 Türen = 4 doors
4 Zyl = kinda self explanatory but 4 cylinders
Verbrauch 8-9 litre = consumption 8-9 litres... per 100kms perhaps? Sounds about right.

The wagon behind the Bellett is a Skoda Octavia.

Unsure what the deal is there; we haven't really turned up any in Germany, but I've seen at least one full brochure in German as well.

Enjoy!

Attachment:
1966 - Isuzu Bellett promotional photo - Germany.jpg
1966 - Isuzu Bellett promotional photo - Germany.jpg [ 263.89 KiB | Viewed 12907 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon May 20, 2013 7:25 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Well least it's safe now,thanks for all your photo posts they are great to look over :D

Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
All good man!

Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Hi Dave
About your water damaged items.I recommend you treat them soon with
Clove oil spray to prevent mould forming on them. I have treated a number of pieces of
Client's artwork to reduce or remove mouldy marks with this method.
Get yourself a new 250 to 500 ml spray bottle. Add 10 to 20 drops of clove oil
( available from chemists and some supermarkets), 1 drop of detergent and fill with water and shake,.. Not you.. The bottle :D
Spray the affected pieces evenly where they were soaked then let dry in the sun.
The clove oil somehow kills mould spores if they were present or prevents them growing if you
treat it early enough.
Cheers, Lewis

Mon May 20, 2013 8:07 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett 1600 Sport SOHC, Honda City 2006, Honda CRV 2010, Vespa P150
The Germans must have been uninterested in the car and the lady, as I have never heard of a Bellett in Germany before.
Which is a pity as it would have been a gold mine of parts for Europe.
Now all they have left is volkswagen, bmw and opel ........

Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the info, I'll get some today!

Hi Dick,

Yes the photo and the brochure (I can't remember who has it; me or PR91 Brett) are real mysteries. I guess a German brochure could have been produced for some other German speaking country like Switzerland or Austria... or even Luxembourg!?!?!?

That's one of the reasons Belletts keep me interested... always something new to learn, investigate or be confused by!

Cheers,

Dave

Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Are you in insured? :mrgreen:

Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 pm

hhahahahaah yeah totally Geoff but it was more sentimental stuff... nothing really of actual $$ value!

Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]