View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
1966 Isuzu Bellett brochure - Canada - single sheet 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

Bellett brochures seem to fall into two categories; those that were made by Isuzu, and those that weren't.

The benefit of those items made by Isuzu is that they have pretty, colourful pictures and usually spell the noun "Bellett" correctly.

The benefit of those items made by the local distributor (Canadian Motor Industries or CMI in this case) is that while the pictures are basic and they've spelled the name "Bellet" at least ones, the text generally makes more sense!

This is a kind of gatefold arrangement, however normally in a gatefold the rear page would be upside down. This must have been too hard for the Canadians, but it means I can just scan the page in one hit.

There are some awesome features on the 1966 Canadian-assembled Bellett (which was sold deep in to 1967 as we've seen in another brochure) including front AND side flashers as standard equipment! Plus independent FRONT suspension! Good design as well... Oh, and HEAVILY chromed bumpers. Someone must have got the micrometer out to make sure that it was officially heavy.

Attachment:
1966 Isuzu Bellett brochure - Canadian - single sheet, 2-panels - panel 01.jpg
1966 Isuzu Bellett brochure - Canadian - single sheet, 2-panels - panel 01.jpg [ 131.36 KiB | Viewed 7414 times ]

It's a bit fuzzy, but the other side of the brochure shows a handsome 1967 Canadian Isuzu Bellett, resplendent in whitewall tyres, Deluxe specification, laminated windows and a transmission with central control (uh, floor shift or stick shift?).

It's a basic brochure completely devoid of Japanese English (aka Engrish). Basic, but an important part of the Bellett's history!

Attachment:
1966 Isuzu Bellett brochure - Canadian - single sheet, 2-panels - panel 02.jpg
1966 Isuzu Bellett brochure - Canadian - single sheet, 2-panels - panel 02.jpg [ 105.18 KiB | Viewed 7414 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Smack me dead, Dave. The ultimate sedan. Yes, "standard equipment" on these shores as well. There's an element of "ratter in that.

B.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Car(s): 2x1967 bellett(white), 99 lancer, 2010 hilux ute.
G'day dave!! when i figure it out, i'll scan a french bellett ad that i obtained :twisted: from a book colector friend of mine. that a great brochure u got, frame material!!

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]