View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
1967 Isuzu Florian poster brochure 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi again,

I DO have more Bellett brochures to post, but just thought I'd try to completely hammer the Florian aspect at least one more time!

This is an interesting publication that is part-brochure, part-poster! One side has 8 B4-sized panels, while the other is a large, single poster of three Florians!

The first page is standard Isuzu Florian stuff, showcasing the Florian's fresh, squared-off lines. This brochure is dated 1967 and shows the original-model Florian, so it's still a fresh machine!

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 01.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 01.jpg [ 111.45 KiB | Viewed 6521 times ]

Opening the document as a book reveals the middle page, a double-page spread of the ovaloid dashboard of the Florian.

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 02-03.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 02-03.jpg [ 62.55 KiB | Viewed 6519 times ]

Then flipping open the document from the base, so it is half open reveals four panels. The top two are joined showing a wide expanse of an Isuzu Florian interior. Unlike many of the Bellett brochures, with photos through open (or removed!) doors, or actual artist's renderings of the interior, it appears a Florian gave it's life so that the entire interior could be photographed. I have to say, that front bench seat looks mighty comfy.

I'm unsure how the Japanese gentleman holding the steering wheel could be construed as anything but silly though...

Having said, when you're allowed to put two kids on one front bucket seat, who cares!? You're awesome!

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 04-05.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 04-05.jpg [ 89.92 KiB | Viewed 6517 times ]

The bottom two panels show a nice clear shot of the bucket seat arrangement, while the opposite page hsa nothing but information.... which I can't interpret.

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 06.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 06.jpg [ 67.59 KiB | Viewed 6513 times ]

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 07.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 07.jpg [ 108.38 KiB | Viewed 6512 times ]

The 'back page' of the brochure shows all the usual specs stuff, plus the Showa date (42.10), plus it has a nifty photo of the 1600cc, 84ps Florian motor spinning away wildly on an invisible bench!

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 08.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - 08.jpg [ 74.04 KiB | Viewed 6512 times ]

I love Isuzu brochures. Seriously, they are the BEST brochures of any car manufacturer. Not that I'm biased. They are just wild.

Anyway, the poster-side has this great picture. Now the problem was that it didn't photograph well... nor did it really scan that good either. The picture is, in its entirety, completely connected. I've scanned 8 separate panels and joined them together... with mixed results. It appears there are some small strips missing which the scanner just never reached. I've kinda dodged it together... but unless someone's got a scanner that will do a B1-sized document, we're outta luck!

Attachment:
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - poster side - 00 - completed poster.jpg
1967 Isuzu Florian brochure-poster - poster side - 00 - completed poster.jpg [ 169.73 KiB | Viewed 6516 times ]

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Hey Dave,
You would as i do cringe at the thought of the number of Florians i saw DUMPED in the 80's for NO GOOD reason that were all in GOOD condition. TREASURE what you have.
Geoff.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]