View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Wish Lists. 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hello everyone. In just a week many of us will be at the Nationals. :D Should have done this sooner, but anyway, as there will be a lot of us together, it would be a good time for some bit SWAPPING. We are already bringing a couple of small parts.
If there is anything anyone needs, perhaps you can post it here. We all have stuff we hang onto 'in case', but if it helps someone with there resto, or staying on the road, I reckon it's good to pass around.
So put up your WISH LIST. Don't worry if it seems like 'Your Dreamin'. I sent just such a list to a forum member with some bits. A box came back with 3 of the things in it, one quite rare. Enclosed was an 'I'm Dreamin' list. I had one of the 3 things on it. (Also not easy to find).
So put it up - you never know. Also think of stuff you might be able to swap away. (Makes 2 people :D ).

So here's mine............
'68 or earlier Std. Steering Wheel without splits. Betty is wearing a glove at the minute to protect my hands! Bonus if it has a good chrome hornring. Double bonus if it has a red button.
I recently bought a good one without noticing it was a '69 :oops: , but with no hornpad, so I can't use it.
Happy to swap it for the early.
OR, a'69 on hornpad (Vinyl) perhaps?

'64 - '66 blinker lenses or teardrop stop lenses. (For 'Barnfind').

**ALSO - SUGGESTION** Bring all your spare keys that don't fit anything, and your fuel caps, bootlocks, etc. that don't have a key, we might be able to mix n match. :?:
Cheers Matt.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
What a good idea Matt,
Im looking for the double control panel for the heater, Im pretty sure the GT and Sedan are the same, it's the bottom control that I'm short.
Geoff

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
wanted , ,,,,,, has anyone got a spare 1600 gt badge for sale,, i will be at coona cheers rod

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Rod
I have one its not the best if it helps.
Greg

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
matt get back to me before Coona AS we leave Thurs can't help out with t/light but may be able to with indicator but need to know if front or rear

my wish list was helped by scoot with pr90 speedo & console but Istill need
Fuse baox cover for 69 Florian
2 side sill moulds & clips if possible for 69 florian

thanks Ken

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 pm

i'll be gratefull if someone can bring an Express wagon along for me....
i won't be so cruel to ask that it be delivered to my place, as i'm happy to do that myself!

:D

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:13 am

Please Santa
Can I have an Elfin style side in mint condition or even a little ruff
but running

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 am

No problems Brett i will ding one down what colour would you like.

I need the plastic clips that hold the sun visors up.PLEASE

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 am

greg
xm & xl falcon nearly identical need slight mod

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53 am

Thanks for the tips. Do rare spares sell them? as they would be just as rare as belletts now.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:09 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Let's see ... wish list :D :D

GT wing mirrors
Rodeo Diesel gearbox (can be dead, just need front case)
Gemini 5 speed gearbox
Multi-speed wiper with intermittent for Bellett
Gemini Trimatic gearbox (can be dead only want the front casing)
V8 Holden Trimatic gearbox
Bellett LSD

and other stuff to bring to the Nationals.
Great people, great stories, great camaraderie and awesome weather.

:lol: :P ;) :D

Hey we can but dream.

Until then ...

Cheers
Rob

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 am

Rob mirrors are available forum member Dick will see you with a brand new set.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Hi Guys,
I will be bringing along 2 new, 2 second hand 1967 headlight surrounds (the aluminium ones) if anyone is interested?? I have one second hand Florian heater if anyone is interested let me know, or I won't take it along, plus some other small bits.
I would like a new/good GT badge for the grille of my 1968 GT!! I am also wanting a pair of reversing light lenses for the GT if anyone can assist???
I also have a set of the aluminuim door panels that fit on the low inner edge of the doors of a sedan in reasonable condition, no doubt you all know how they get kicked and damaged/dinted etc, if anyone is interested?? Again if no one expresses interest here I will not take to Coona.
Also have a set of standard sedan brake drums, now they would be rare at this time, again due to the weight, if no one is interested I will not take to Coona. LET ME KNOW!! :o

Ask me the question if you are wanting anything that fits a sedan, I maybe able to assist, I had sedans, just for a couple of years. :D
Dave M.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 pm

not sure Greg if r/spares have them Igot my last set from Gympie swap meet NOS $3.50 FOR PAIR but could try r/spares
cheers Ken

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 am

RobSA wrote:

just to let u know rob....
the deluxe's had 2 speed wipers. u'll need the switch, motor, and the arm assembly (yes, they are different to a single speed one).
no such thing as intermittent on a bellett tho, and from what i can work out, due to the "reverse park" system they use, it's impossible to make one work as well....

RobSA wrote:
Bellett LSD

an LSD type of arrangement can be done pretty easily. i had one in my race car before i went full locker with it.
that LSD is now in big gav's car, which will be at coona (and everyone.... wait till u see that car. looks awesome!!).
works well in a road car, but i changed it coz it wasn't what i wanted in a race car.
we'll talk up there and i'll let u know how it's done.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
PR91 wrote:
RobSA wrote:

just to let u know rob....
the deluxe's had 2 speed wipers. u'll need the switch, motor, and the arm assembly (yes, they are different to a single speed one).
no such thing as intermittent on a bellett tho, and from what i can work out, due to the "reverse park" system they use, it's impossible to make one work as well....

Thanks Brett, Chris gave me the heads up on Bellett wipers re:Deluxe.
My car had the switch (broken) for the two speed wipers but only the single speed motor :(
I was hoping someone had in the past come up with a replacement which wasn't too hard to fit in place of the original with more speeds and ability to be set to intermittent or at least connected to aftermarket controllers.

Looking forward to catching up with you and everyone else at Coona.
Just got to get there :D :D :D

gt orphanage wrote:
Rob mirrors are available forum member Dick will see you with a brand new set.

:oops: yep seen them, unfortunately my budget has been a bit blown out getting Bella to this stage of readiness.
Was hoping someone had a set they didn't need anymore :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol:

Cheers
Rob

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:45 am

all the original ones i have are pitted and the mirror part have lost there reflectors. As for Dicks mirrors i dont know if i got a bad batch or not but the back of the head came apart and i found it on the ground the other day. Yesterday when i took a bloke for a hoon the otherside came off. I took a little tention off the screw as they were firm on the other cars.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:47 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Looks like this might be working. Some things are being swapped around & info shared. All good stuff. :D I have one item off the list (Rear blinker lenses) as well as something I didn't even ask for, in a swap! (Heater parts) So I'm stoked! :D :D
It's true that some bits are very uncommon, so sorry that I haven't come up with many.

Geoff, I will check tomorrow, I have some odd heater bits, but not sure about bottom control.

There may be some trick with wipers. Gary's '64 has been fitted with an aftermarket intermittent setup which works. (as well as other 'modernise' extras) I'll have to get him to see how it works.

Sorry, too that I don't have any spare Expresses or Elfins. Gunna dream, might as well go the whole hog!! Dennis did have an Elf 2 tonner new in '69 (I think), But "Where is it now???"

I thought of 1 more thing, I have a left side early sedan mirror (Curved arm), but no driver's side. The pair would please Doris a lot.
Don't mean to sound greedy, I've done well already!

See you all Saturday. Travel safely!
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:55 am

Hi Guy's & girls I with Matt I have got some parts that were needed as well as some that Iwasn't asking for but needed for Florence Thanks for the Great Idea Matt
see you in Coona

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
RobSA wrote:
Bellett LSD

Torque Biasing Helical Gear Diff?
or
1.5 / 2 Way Clutch Style Diff?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next