View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Rubber seals for (probably a) 68-GT windows (all windows) 

Car(s): 1967 or 1968 Isuzu Bellet 2-Door (Papers say 1967)
Hi!

Woo hoo!!! The GT runs and sounds great. (Thank you for the the tune-up info posted).

(See Random Bellet - Japan to USA for my goal).

So now the cosmetic ...

My Bellet has rust and rubber seal rot that only a proper prep and paint can handle. Before I lift a finger in that direction, I will need rubber seals for the front and back windows (all windows would be nice, but windshield and back window are the critical ones).

Once the crusty rubber comes off the windshield and back window, I'm committed to the task.

Any sets down yonder that I can buy? Thanks a bunch up front for the help.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 am

do you have toyota landcruiser's if so hj45 fit the front without cutting them,trim it for the rear. No chrome strip.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Are the Fastair reproduction windshield weatherstrips all gone? Something like $320 including shipping. Not a whole lot more than weatherstrip for the 90's cars, and considering that the product would not be available at all unless someone had them made. If only I had the spare cash...

Someone also said that the rear window weatherstrip is no longer available in Japan.

Two years ago, they had new-old-stock weatherstrip on Yahoo Japan Auctions. It would have added up to $2,000+ for all the pieces being offered, which was probably a few short of what it takes to do a car. I have not seen them listed on auction since, so they either sold them or decided it wasn't worth the listing fees any more.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:16 pm

There as 1 there last week but same thing you needed to ring your bank manager before you bid it was under pr95. These new front ones do not have moulded corners the upside is i made mine shorter to fit the rear. The down side is the chrome strips are impossable to get in. i have fitted the screens and will take 1 out again one day to see if they form a shape ? maybe the chrome will fit ok then.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Car(s): 1967 or 1968 Isuzu Bellet 2-Door (Papers say 1967)
Fastair reproductions? Doable - if still available. Any more information on that?

The FJ option is nice to know. Thanks a bunch!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 am

FASTAIR SERVICES BRISBANE AUSTRALIA
If you go to parts exchangeabilty the part no and contact details are there.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]